Formula 1 Grand Prix du Canada 2017Formula 1 

I have to write a short essay about conflicts and negotiation, and I thought that it would be nice to write it about Force India and Checo Perez. Do you guys know if there a place where I can get the transcripts of their radio conversations, or something close?

i don't know, people on reddit, who are fairly hardcore fans i would say are complaining about high FOV views quiet a lot saying how it doesnt convey speed well and directors only do that to show as much commercial real estate as they can. The problem is wide screen TVs, there is nothing a director can do to make a car appear as fast on a wide screen as it did back in the day on 4x3.
Sorry, I know old post! But, well? I think you shouldn't rely so much on the internet with these things.

16:9 makes cars look slower is complete nonsense.

What makes F1 cars look slower is that you almost can't hear them anymore.
The whole dynamic is gone. You used to be able to hear a F1 car from miles away, so of course the nearer it would come to you and finally go past you helped a lot to understand how fast these cars are.

I've watched the indy 500 this year - and you know what? Not only look and sound these cars way better than current F1 cars, they also look AND sound extremely fast!

Sound is extremely important for motor sports to be exciting, take it away and a lot of people will lose interest.

So, is indycar broadcasted in 4:3 or something or do some people over at reddit live in lala-land maybe?

Sorry, I know old post! But, well? I think you shouldn't rely so much on the internet with these things.

16:9 makes cars look slower is complete nonsense.
4x3 is smaller and it will take less time for a car to visually cross it then it will take to cross a 16x9 screen. Thats not an opinion. There are other factors of course, not sure if i will agree that sound is one of them though

4x3 is smaller and it will take less time for a car to visually cross it then it will take to cross a 16x9 screen. Thats not an opinion.

That depends on several things. Proof of that fact is that a car can cross a 16:9 screen faster than a 4:3.

4x3 is smaller and it will take less time for a car to visually cross it then it will take to cross a 16x9 screen. Thats not an opinion. There are other factors of course, not sure if i will agree that sound is one of them though
Surely a 4:3 image just shows less real estate than a 16:9 image, not the same real estate squashed into a smaller image. So the car will move across the screen at the same speed there is just less of it, no?

That depends on several things. Proof of that fact is that a car can cross a 16:9 screen faster than a 4:3.
all the rest being equal.
Surely a 4:3 image just shows less real estate than a 16:9 image, not the same real estate squashed into a smaller image. So the car will move across the screen at the same speed there is just less of it, no?
it's motion parallax, i believe that would apply, same reason as the car appears to visually slow down when the camera angle is as such for example

You have a few meters taking up half of your perceived field of vision and then a few hundered meters taking up the second half of your perceived FOV, so cars appear to be a lot faster on the first half of the screen than the second half of the screen.

Dude, I'm every year in Italy during the summer (Tuscany).

They have rally cars there (old ones) mostly Peugeot, Lancia and so on.

Sometimes in the night 2.00h I can hear them. From miles away. They're extremely loud and extremely fast.
I can't see them, but I just know how fast they are because of the sound from their engines. It's absolutely fascinating.

This is totally missing from modern Formula 1.

Indycar still has it (like I've already said).

That's aside the fact that cars should actually appear faster on a 16:9 screen because of the better picture quality and higher resolutions.

Indycar still looks and sounds extremely fast (like I've said).

I mean, probably won't convince you I know, I just think you're really wrong here.

Back