Formula 1 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix 2023Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 236 comments
Race went as you'd expect in terms of the win but that was a masterclass from Fernando Alonso.

The only stumble Max had was getting the car on to the podium.
Didn't seem to be the easiest thing to do either, wouldn't have been able to see the ramp and the ramp shot off as well, might want to review whether that's sensible 😅.

Didn't seem to be the easiest thing to do either, wouldn't have been able to see the ramp and the ramp shot off as well, might want to review whether that's sensible 😅.
Yeah he came in at an angle. I think the solution is a wider ramp.

Alonso gonna literally carry this season with his performance & emotions. :lol:
Pretty much. RB is even more dominant, Ferrari is well into Ferrari mode already and Mercedes just wasted another season with a bad car concept.

Save us, Alonso!

Dominant performance at the front. Hopefully it's not always like this.

With Vettel gone, Alonso is becoming my new 'guy I didn't really care for despite his skill but I've slowly since warmed up to' driver. Nice podium.

Bottas, Gasly, and Albon quietly having good races.

The Williams is looking... OK? Not a bad result for Sargeant.

Thought Haas and the Alphas would fare better than they did.

Miserable start for McLaren.

They spend all that money on that podium area but they cheap out on the ramp? Lol.

Good thing it didn’t hit anyone.

Last edited:
They spend all that money on that podium area but they cheap out on the ramp? Lol.
It's not calculated for a Dutch driver. The dutch word "ramp" translates to "disaster"

Screenshot_2023-03-05-17-54-33-66_df198e732186825c8df26e3c5a10d7cd.jpg

Last edited:
Lewis battles Alonso and it's an exciting fight where the best one gets ahead - cleanly, Lewis and Max battles each other, someone ends up with some damage 😂.... historically speaking anyway lol

Happy to see Alonso up there though. It was the most exciting thing to was about this race. The Red Bull pace is an absolute monster. They seem even stronger this season, finished 57s ahead of the Merc - a second a lap. Ferrari was barely faring better and still being Ferrari. This season looks like it will be another red bull runaway sadly....I was super hype to see the season starts and already my hopes are crushed 🥲

I think Merc and Aston Martin are on even playing field with Aston barely edging them. Ferrari has a solid P2 car if they can get ahead of their issues and everyone is miles and miles behind Red Bull.

Not the worst race of all time, but the margin of Red Bull’s superiority has me really worried. Nobody else was anywhere near, they could just do what they liked all race with a 1-2 guaranteed.

Haven't seen much praise for Sir Lancelot Strulovich. He thoroughly deserves some, P6, no preseason test mileage at all, 1 pre weekend full race simulation, painfully hampered Friday running, had the measure of Russell quite comfortably, broken wrist (possibly 2), broken toe.

Like, serious props to him for that performance. He'll only have more to give as these opening races go on.

Haas started very strongly last year for the first two races so it remains to be seen if Aston Martin can keep this up but it's a great result for them.

Yeah he came in at an angle. I think the solution is a wider ramp.
Reminds me of when I was little and had to line up the wooden blocks to make sure the toy cars could get onto the taller blocks.

Yes the Max superiority is boring. I'm really happy for Alonso, man I hope he can contend for top 3 a lot this season, love it.

Not a bad opener. Ridiculous RBR performance. Typical Ferrari. Aston. Surprisingly strong race pace. Mercedes. Eh. Mclaren managed to go backwards to Renault power levels. And the rest pretty much as expected.

I'm expecting Ocon to receive a couple more penalties during the week, possibly for tying his shoes wrong and leaving the country too late.

Like, serious props to him for that performance. He'll only have more to give as these opening races go on.
Even more impressive is that he was on Alonso's pace pretty much the entire race. Although, I almost crapped my pants when he nearly took Alonso out on lap 1.

HAAS was an utter disappointment, and Ferrari said they focussed their resources on reliability during the winter season, so things are looking extremely poor for Ferrari.

Seems like so far the only real storyline for this season is whether Aston can stay caught up on development and avoid getting burned by mistakes over the course of the season. Other than that it looks like normal service; one of the Big Three teams flying away while the other two comically trip over themselves trying to keep up, and one or two of the remainder possibly being in position to captialize on a blunder and grab a surprise podium here and there.

I would like to be wrong about this and have this season be more exciting than that, but my expectations are tempered to say the least.

Vettel, Hamilton, Verstappen dominance could bore fans.

We're only a race in, but I hope AM are able to keep it up all season long.

More than that, I hope they also have a reliable package. They didn't have any problems last year though.

Last edited:
Vettel, Hamilton, Verstappen dominance could bore fans.

Last year after a few races we were thinking it could be a Leclerc-dominant season, with Red Bull being highly unreliable. We all know how that ended up

Last year after a few races we were thinking it could be a Leclerc-dominant season, with Red Bull being highly unreliable. We all know how that ended up
Yeah, Ferrari... Ferrari'ed. I somehow doubt RedBull will sabotage themselves in the same fashion this season, but I've been wrong before.

Yeah, Ferrari... Ferrari'ed. I somehow doubt RedBull will sabotage themselves in the same fashion this season, but I've been wrong before.
I'm just saying that one race isn't enough to judge how a season will go. Yes, Red Bull was dominant this weekend, and yes, they are looking good for the entire season, but anything can happen, and it's too early to say.

They may have severe reliability issues, and have just gotten lucky to not be hit by them yet.

Last edited:
Back