Formula 1 Heineken Dutch Grand Prix 2023Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 230 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
The summer break comes to an end at the home of the runaway championship leader. Zandvoort was upgraded up to F1 standards solely because of the success of the Netherlands' first F1 race winner, and Max Verstappen has won both races so far on the circuits return to the calendar - along with the title both years too. Can anyone stop him is a silly question, as pure pace to beat Verstappen in 2023 doesn't appear to be a thing anymore. So what will the second half of the season bring to us? We will find out at the DUTCH GRAND PRIX!
Screenshot_20230823-100836.png

First Grand Prix

Number of Laps

Circuit Length
4.259km

Race Distance
306.587 km

Lap Record
1:11.097
Lewis Hamilton (2021)​

And just like that we are back to the Max and Red Bull domination show!!!

Is Zandvoort a track that will suit the Astons?

I feel like that one might be more favorable to the McLarens than the Astons. The Ferraris will probably do alright there too. Mercedes is the question mark for me. That being said, they might all work well here and the drivers end up making the difference 😄

The summer break comes to an end at the home of the runaway championship leader. Zandvoort was upgraded up to F1 standards solely because of the success of the Netherlands' first F1 race winner, and Max Verstappen has won both races so far on the circuits return to the calendar - along with the title both years too. Can anyone stop him is a silly question, as pure pace to beat Verstappen in 2023 doesn't appear to be a thing anymore. So what will the second half of the season bring to us? We will find out at the DUTCH GRAND PRIX!
I mean unless you're in the other Red Bull, was it ever there to begin with? :lol:

Could be interesting. The slower tracks like Monaco, Hungaroring and Zandvoort are less suitable for the RB. Zandvoort is also a track where the drivers can’t rest besides the straight, with it’s technical and twisty turns following the dune surface. Especially Scheivlak is awesome.

McLaren could do well. Mercedes is kind of weird, one track they seem to be in control and the next the are off the pace (Spa).
Ferrari could also match McLarens pace here, I think. Aston seems to lose it more and more.

Probably next year I will join the race with my son. But not on the stands. Too much carnaval for my taste, with the Orange fans.

They're going to have an orange safety car this weekend is my guess. Or the highly superior McLaren chassis will get an updated Mercedes engine hahahahahahaha.... Yeah it's the safety car.

Last edited:
I know It's still early days and also without looking at the timing sheets, the Merc looked good during FP1 and so did the Aston. Ferrari seems to be nowhere. McLaren doesn't look to be performing as much as I expected them to. Let's see what FP2 will bring us... hopefully it will stay dry!

I know It's still early days and also without looking at the timing sheets, the Merc looked good during FP1 and so did the Aston. Ferrari seems to be nowhere. McLaren doesn't look to be performing as much as I expected them to. Let's see what FP2 will bring us... hopefully it will stay dry!
Partially unfair about the Ferrari as Sainz didn't run and they had a rookie running laps.

Partially unfair about the Ferrari as Sainz didn't run and they had a rookie running laps.
I wasn't looking at Schwartzman, I said that just based on how Leclerc was going. The car looks to be sliding all over the place. Leclerc was even on the radio complaining about it.

Edits (after FP2): yeah, Ferrari is really nowhere. They've got some serious work to do. McLaren is now the next best contestant followed by Mercedes. Max and Red Bull are still ahead but its still looking very close. The biggest surprise for me is the Williams. If it stays dry for the weekend, this could be a good battle between everyone else bar Max and Red Bull.

Last edited:
Broken wrist for Daniel Ricciardo after his shunt in FP2, Liam Lawson will replace him this weekend.

Edit: Broken metacarpal, so he's going to be out for a while, at least until Singapore I would expect.

Last edited:
How many wet to dry qualifyings have we had this year now?

Edit: That'll be a slam dunk penalty for Sainz.
And it's raining again

Last edited:
That puddle coming into the banking is making me quite nervous

I think Lawson, even though he's last, can be quite satisfied with his performance

rsh
I looked at the 2024 Zandvoort tickets. €485.- for one day is overpriced in my book.
And that's if they're even freely available. Not sure if it's still the case, but at least the first year you had to sign up to randomly be picked for a chance to buy tickets.
That's why a lot of Dutch fans actually go to Hungary. Hungarian GP full weekend tickets + flight tickets + a hotel is often cheaper than just Dutch GP Sunday tickets.

Last edited:
Back