Formula 1 Heineken Grande Prêmio De São Paulo 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 499 comments
long time now,
Cary Elwes Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

Lewis had more points than Max for a long time, but Max's 23 over Lewis' 7 was also from a long time ago. I was never talking about "recent years" b/c that's not the wording you originally said.
As I already said, I could have phrased my original post better (should have said "for a long time now" instead of "for a long time")
You are now trying to fight an argument which I wasn't trying to make in the first place (which, admittedly, is due to poor phrasing on my part). I already clarified that it wasn't my point

The phrase "for a long time now" means a long period that is still continuing. Therefore it makes sense to refer to what has happened in the last few years, not what has happened in the years before that while ignoring recent years.

As for what a "long period" is, that's fully subjective, and I consider the vast majority of the last two seasons to be one. You guys clearly don't. Which is fine, but don't use that to claim my argument is false, just because you have a different idea of what a long period is

Last edited:
What a great race to watch. That rivalry is going strong. Battles on the track. Hamilton's performance this weekend was phenomonal.
We as spectators are the real winners. And sometimes we as keyboard warriors --> yes but Lewis, yes but Max. Funny to read the last five pages with an hour delay 😁

Luckily we can still watch the last three races without knowing the champ already. And in the recent past years that was boring and nobody watched the last races anymore.

Last edited:
Luckily we can still watch the last three races without knowing the champ already. And in the recent past years that was boring and nobody watched the last races anymore.
Shame, I kind of wanted an excuse for not watching the races in the countries that think human rights are just a suggestion that can be ignored.

As I already said, I could have phrased my original post better (should have said "for a long time now" instead of "for a long time")
You are now trying to fight an argument which I wasn't trying to make in the first place (which, admittedly, is due to poor phrasing on my part). I already clarified that it wasn't my point
Mate, your point was all over the place and changes nothing from what I said of Max used to have a history of aggressive driving & the penalty points to account for it; he's literally 3rd all time in points behind Kvyat & Vettel since the system came into effect. I even said the words, "used to" b/c Max has been clean the last 2 seasons. If you think Lewis has been overly aggressive the past 2 seasons, fine. It's not some exclusive title only 1 driver can have.

Last edited:

Ok Sky cool it off with that bias a bit pls

You're dragging in Tweets from a British F1 champion that is clearly biased towards Lewis Hamilton and you're telling Sky to cool it with the bias?

I feel like you're just trying to drum up some drama.

This right here, last year I would've felt fairly confident about chucking a mortgage on Lewis winning another title after half a dozen races. There's 3 left this year and it still could go either way.

Last edited:
It was a drive definitely within Lewis' top 10 drives ever, and as he has got some of the greatest drives in F1 history, it does put it up there. But not quite "top of all time" level as the recovery does have an extra 100km to help it.

That said, it was technically a win from 24th if you fudge the 19+5 place grid penalties he actually served.

I would not be surprised (and I hope not!) that also stopping during the cool down lap and picking up that Brasilianflag and waving with it while driving is part of the 'investigation'. Max also got a reprimande after his post victory burn out.

I would not be surprised (and I hope not!) that also stopping during the cool down lap and picking up that Brasilianflag and waving with it while driving is part of the 'investigation'. Max also got a reprimande after his post victory burn out.
They had no issues with it at Silverstone and the many times drivers have done it before.

So Toto said this on Sky and um... Yikes. I think there were much better ways for him to word these comments. :scared:

In what way? It seems like a pretty measured response to what is probably one of the most stressful weekends for Mercedes in the past few seasons. He also empathized with Lewis and his experiences in F1, suggesting that they're now starting to understand what it feels like to have, what seems, the whole world against them.

Verstappen pushed well past the limits of what people consider clean and fair racing, not only with the overtake by pushing, not only Lewis wide, but Valtteri wide at the start of the race. The line was drawn at weaving, which I believe many people believe it was a weak callout after what happened before. Toto said they weren't going to be victims from awful race directing, stewarding, penalties, etc, and that they will fight all the way to the end, similar to what Lewis has been doing.

For you to say that there's better ways for Toto to word his comments, I'm curious as to what you would have said if you were under similar amounts of pressure. That also makes me question whether or not you can even read into the nuance between the words that were said.

In what way? It seems like a pretty measured response to what is probably one of the most stressful weekends for Mercedes in the past few seasons. He also empathized with Lewis and his experiences in F1, suggesting that they're now starting to understand what it feels like to have, what seems, the whole world against them.

Verstappen pushed well past the limits of what people consider clean and fair racing, not only with the overtake by pushing, not only Lewis wide, but Valtteri wide at the start of the race. The line was drawn at weaving, which I believe many people believe it was a weak callout after what happened before. Toto said they weren't going to be victims from awful race directing, stewarding, penalties, etc, and that they will fight all the way to the end, similar to what Lewis has been doing.

For you to say that there's better ways for Toto to word his comments, I'm curious as to what you would have said if you were under similar amounts of pressure. That also makes me question whether or not you can even read into the nuance between the words that were said.
Have they released the on-board footage yet? I saw a bunch of folks on the Reddit race-thread asking when they were going to show Verstappen's view.

Have they released the on-board footage yet? I saw a bunch of folks on the Reddit race-thread asking when they were going to show Verstappen's view.
I don't think they have. Even the onboard footage on F1TV didn't have Verstappen's view.

12ec32cce29f59458d2cc69ea3d76077.png

Just like Verstappen's 'fine', even more so with this one, Hamilton could drop €25,000 on the floor and not need to pick it up again.
Even though the money is meaningless to both drivers, it really shows the FIA's priorities that prodding a car with your thumb gets a fine 10x worse than committing a genuine safety risk.

The stewards also took the opportunity to "remind" Lewis Hamilton of "his responsibilities as a role model to up-and-coming drivers"...

The rest of this post writes itself. Mindblowing.

I've viewed the footage now of RunWideGate and I'd also like to see Verstappens cockpit view to see where that steering was. That was either deliberate or clumsy. Either way he ran him off the track in my view.

Back