Formula 1 Heineken Grande Prêmio De São Paulo 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 499 comments
The duality of conspiracy at play here b/c one's Lewis & one's not.
My little unprovable conspiracy is that whoever makes Drive To Survive wants a more 'exciting' and 'dramatic' climax to the season.

Wow missed that controversy with the DRS/rear wing flap yesterday. An d did Max actually touch that Mercedes wing during Parc Fermé? Only saw a vague far distance clip on social media. Or did I miss more clear evidence?
Rules are rules: no cheating with gaps and no touching of parts during Parc Fermé. But hopefully this will be settled accordingly and have them battle on track.

My little unprovable conspiracy is that whoever makes Drive To Survive wants a more 'exciting' and 'dramatic' climax to the season.
DTS seeing footage of Max touching the rear wings after he said he doesn't like being be part of the show.
grinch smile GIF

Last edited:
That sounds a whole lot like Reverse Grids.
The front running teams were against this idea as they have to overtake.
If I'm a head honcho at F1 wanting to push through reverse grids, a situation like this would be very welcome news as it would give me evidence to point to as to how thrilling the race was and how good that is for viewership.

I mean if we're being conspiratorial about it.

If Max actually tampered with Lewis's car in Parc Ferme, I don't see why he shouldn't be excluded from the event.

Max Verstappen's hand is starting to head closer
How prescient :lol:

It's a pity that Verstappen has given Mercedes all the excuse it needs now. They've been using this rear wing without issue across the season, and now it fails an inspection for the first time after Verstappen has touched it in Parc Ferme?

Mercedes has a massive a GOOJF card here - and worse, it could swing the title back in Hamilton's favour. Mercedes literally doesn't need to defend itself any more than "look at all the inspections it's passed this season, it was fine until he touched it", and Verstappen is clearly in breach of the regulation cited because he did touch the car.

I can easily see this being a DSQ for Verstappen (well, from qualifying, so back of the grid for the sprint) and no penalty for Hamilton ahead of the sprint race, and who knows how that'll translate for the feature race?

Of course F1 Twitter is flapping on about how you can't break a rear wing by hand, but it's about DRS actuation limits and Verstappen's hand is right where the actuator is...

Hopefully Super Max (Man of Feel) has saved Mercedes title chances. Inappropriate touching of W12's rear should be dealt with accordingly!

I just woke up and have been catching up on these DRS Shenanigans. If Max really did touch the actuator, than this may very well be one of the most bone-headed things I've ever seen in F1. :odd:

How prescient :lol:

It's a pity that Verstappen has given Mercedes all the excuse it needs now. They've been using this rear wing without issue across the season, and now it fails an inspection for the first time after Verstappen has touched it in Parc Ferme?

Mercedes has a massive a GOOJF card here - and worse, it could swing the title back in Hamilton's favour. Mercedes literally doesn't need to defend itself any more than "look at all the inspections it's passed this season, it was fine until he touched it", and Verstappen is clearly in breach of the regulation cited because he did touch the car.

I can easily see this being a DSQ for Verstappen (well, from qualifying, so back of the grid for the sprint) and no penalty for Hamilton ahead of the sprint race, and who knows how that'll translate for the feature race?

Of course F1 Twitter is flapping on about how you can't break a rear wing by hand, but it's about DRS actuation limits and Verstappen's hand is right where the actuator is...

New angle of his inspection. It's just a small prod with his thumb. There's not a chance in hell he's somehow stretched or damaged the actuator.

New angle of his inspection.
Same one I saw yesterday.

It's just a small prod with his thumb. There's not a chance in hell he's somehow stretched or damaged the actuator.
There'd not be a chance in hell if he hadn't touched it. Unfortunately he did, and that was an unbelievably stupid thing to do.

Whether he actually manipulated it in any way or not doesn't actually matter here - and I don't for a second think he either did or intended to, he was just prodding bits with curiousity. By clearly, openly checking a rival's car during PF conditions, he has absolutely gifted Mercedes a chance to get away with a technical breach (again, whether intended or not; there's many reasons the device could breach regs, and only one of them is "they set it like that on purpose").

It could be a disaster for Red Bull, on a weekend when a five-place penalty for their main rival's main driver should mean extending one championship lead and seizing the other. From Verstappen doing something dumb.

Same one I saw yesterday.

There'd not be a chance in hell if he hadn't touched it. Unfortunately he did, and that was an unbelievably stupid thing to do.

Whether he actually manipulated it in any way or not doesn't actually matter here - and I don't for a second think he either did or intended to, he was just prodding bits with curiousity. By clearly, openly checking a rival's car during PF conditions, he has absolutely gifted Mercedes a chance to get away with a technical breach (again, whether intended or not; there's many reasons the device could breach regs, and only one of them is "they set it like that on purpose").

It could be a disaster for Red Bull, on a weekend when a five-place penalty for their main rival's main driver should mean extending one championship lead and seizing the other. From Verstappen doing something dumb.
Oh I'm certainly inspecting something for Max (most likely a reprimand) but there's no way the stewards will look at that and think, "Okay Lewis, Max has clearly tampered with your car. You stay on pole. Max, to the back of the grid you go."

Oh I'm certainly inspecting something for Max (most likely a reprimand) but there's no way the stewards will look at that and think, "Okay Lewis, Max has clearly tampered with your car. You stay on pole. Max, to the back of the grid you go."
Well, not pole pole, because apparently being fastest in qualifying isn't pole when you're on pole for the race that isn't a race... or something.

(I hate the sprint not-race)

I think because Verstappen's potential breach is Sporting Regulations it's more likely to be fine/points (I think a five-place grid penalty is also possible), while Hamilton's potential breach is Technical Regulations and more likely to be grid penalties - but if Mercedes don't argue that a title rival interfering with their car under PF is a serious/dangerous breach, which would require the team to breach PF rules to inspect the car themselves for safety, and push for more.

Also not surprised. Reprimand as well or not?

I really do wonder what the Hamilton result will be. FIA has impounded the wing and given Mercedes written permission to use another "of the same design", I'd guess to check for tampering to see whether it's deliberate or a mechanical failure/damage/something that happened during Q3.

Could be anything from nothing to DSQ.

Expected a fine or reprimand, anything else is just over the top. Mercedes are getting desperate by using this as an excuse.

Last edited:
Back