Formula 1 Honda Japanese Grand Prix 2022Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 304 comments
To be fair to @Samus he said nobody remembers 2nd place in a dominant season. There are of course plenty of memorable 2nd placers in seasons where it went down to the wire.
Indeed, a rather important qualifier in what I said. Obviously people are going to remember 2nd in close seasons. But ask someone in ten years who was 150 odd points behind VER this year, PER or LEC? Meh.

I don't understand the latest method of points-scoring permutations, but I guess it didn't matter. Sort of; I suppose 50% of a race is enough for full points and it all depends on when the red flag is waved...

Why would there be nine points-paying positions in a partial race instead of ten? Are fractional points not given anymore?

Last edited:
Are fractional points not given anymore?
No, I guess they didn't want to confuse the mathematically challenged. These are what they agreed, although as already discussed, because of a flub they only apply to races that are suspended and don't resume.

PositionTwo laps or fewerUp to 25% distance25-50% distance50-75% distance75-100% distance

You're right though, points only to ninth up to half distance doesn't make much sense. But what does in the F1 world.

Indeed, a rather important qualifier in what I said. Obviously people are going to remember 2nd in close seasons. But ask someone in ten years who was 150 odd points behind VER this year, PER or LEC? Meh.
yep, it is an important qualifier... and I still think it would be good to introduce more merit to the top 3 of the title although to be honest I can't remember who came 3rd last year.

The top 3 of the title do get trophies at a gala etc, but the 3rd place usually get commentary footnotes and a passing mention here or there.

Many people might rate that Kimi, Rosberg and Button similarly as 1 x WDC winners and it is the easy winner focus comparison, however Kimi has scored a top 3 points in the WDC 6 times compared to only 3 for the other two.

yd1Qw1b.jpg

Latest Posts

Back