Formula 1 Lenovo British Grand Prix 2022Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 501 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Formula 1 heads home, to the circuit where it all started back in 1950. The best race of the year (totally biased opinion presented as fact) is the 10th round of this season which is starting to head towards being a Verstappen romp. Ferrari's challenge seems to be whimpering away, while Max is hitting a whole nother level of driving. Will he make amends for his trip to the barriers last year, or can Ferrari spring a surprise? The circuit offers some of the best non-DRS passes and racing all season, can a return to a proper permanent circuit save some teams' season? We will only find out at the BRITISH GRAND PRIX!

image (8).png

First Grand Prix

Number of Laps

Circuit Length
5.891km

Race Distance
306.198 km

Lap Record
1:27.097
Max Verstappen (2020)

So does Red Bull have updates for this race, or have they been delayed until after the summer break? I've been reading both stories for the past week. If it's the latter, Ferrari is winning this one (then again, it's Ferrari...).

I have a sneaky feeling a Mercedes may win this one. A planned upgrade along with a smooth track - looking back at Spain in particular which Hamilton was insanely fast. Mercedes were also top speed in the traps. I'm putting some money on it as a cheeky bet.

Idk about smooth, last I heard they were sueing the company that resurfaced it for doing a **** job.

Last edited:
Idk about smooth, last I heard they were sueing the company that resurfaced it for doing a **** job.
That was for the 2018 resurfacing, the circuit was relaid 2 weeks before the 2019 Grand Prix and has been fine ever since.

The last thing I want to see is Red Bull (or any team) running away with both titles, especially after the close season we had last year. A Mercedes resurgence would be nice to see, Ferrari is a write off.

"McLaren Teammates Daniel Ricciardo and Lando Norris Take Rivalry to a Disturbing New Level"

That's...not deceptive enough. Yeah, I'm no good at this.

Because practice times are quali and racetimes? I doubt it.
To be fair, FP3 times are typically more indicative of Quali times, and by that measure both Lewis and George are both within 2 tenths of Checo. Of course, Max still had a pretty decent gap.

I doubt the pecking order will change overall, but for at least Silverstone, Mercedes might be able to put up more of a fight.

Back