Formula 1 Pirelli Gran Premio Del Made In Italy E Dell'emilia Romagna 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 371 comments
Damn, Norris had an epic lap but exceeded track limits. Real shame.

My hopes were on Gasly to set a blistering time, but seeing Perez on the front grid? Unbelievable. Even managed to out-qualify Verstappen. It's been quite a while since two Red Bulls are in the top three places. Tomorrow's race is gonna be spicy.

Oh how the turntables...

So tomorrow Hamilton will be the one fighting with two teammates while his useless wingman is half a lap behind.

I'm going to have to eat my hat after that performance by Perez. I never rated him highly but that was some good driving :D

Just watched the qualification with a (work duty) delay. Wow! Good to see Perez out qualified Verstappen. Well done of both of them!

Not defending the tool but to be fair today was mostly on his engineer putting him in that position. It's not a new issue at Haas putting their drivers in crappy positions.

That Lando moment...reminds me of being on a hot lap in GT3 and botching it by exceeding the track limit.

This was a pretty good qualifying. The field was very close, so any mistake was costly.

Not defending the tool but to be fair today was mostly on his engineer putting him in that position. It's not a new issue at Haas putting their drivers in crappy positions.

He's done the exact same thing in Bahrain though...

WheN WiLL yOu lEARn tHaT yOUr AcTioNs HaVe CoNseQUenCeS?
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/...-not-respecting-qualifying-etiquette/6312863/
This guy keeps showing how little he deserves to be on this grid.

Two turns before the start, just behind Giovinazzi and Mazepin were Ricciardo and Russell.
upload_2021-4-18_12-3-33.png

Russell jumped Ricciardo before the start of the hotlap, as the later was earing his engineer saying "10 seconds to the flag now". Not very nice, but understandable.
upload_2021-4-18_12-5-33.png

Ricciardo crossed the line last, at the last second. Meanwhile, Giovinazzi was drafting Mazepin that had to either pass or abort his lap.
upload_2021-4-18_12-2-36.png

Unlike Russell, Mazepin didn't handle this in the *less incorrect* way for sure, but this situation is a shared responsibility, cascade of consequences. Stroll and Bottas are the two preceding cars that let the most - too much - space in front of them.
upload_2021-4-18_12-20-3.png

I don't understand, with so many incidents on the track all the week-end, that the teams try to start this late, exposing themselves to a yellow or red flag.

Last edited:
I get that people don't like him and its the default position to bash anything he does, but he didn't actually do anything wrong in qualifying? Otherwise the stewards would have called him in-front of them.

I get that people don't like him and its the default position to bash anything he does, but he didn't actually do anything wrong in qualifying? Otherwise the stewards would have called him in-front of them.

That's the gentleman's agreement part. A gentleman's agreement isn't a regulation so there's nothing to investigate. Just an unwritten code of respect and conduct.

That's the gentleman's agreement part. A gentleman's agreement isn't a regulation so there's nothing to investigate. Just an unwritten code of respect and conduct.
Which is why he also didn't face any sanction in Bahrain. It's not against the written rules to be an absolute fanny and ruin both your qualifying lap and another driver's qualifying lap by racing them on that lap, because it's simply not necessary to have that written down anywhere. Every driver knows that any compromise on lines results in a loss of speed and an increase in lap time, so they stay out of each other's way on Q laps.

Except for one driver, who apparently practices his qualifying laps on in GT Sport's FIA races.

This race just got shot wide open. I think those with the higher downforce settings who can get their tires warm up faster are going to get away well. I see the McLaren's struggling as we know they're running low downforce to achieve their speed here.

Yay, Imola in the rain! I'm glad I decided to reverse my decision of not bothering to pay to watch this race, this could be a good one.

Lets hope no locals slip on wet roof tiles.

And stop using fast car drivers as political trumpets.

Last edited:
Back