Formula 1 Pirelli Gran Premio Della Toscana Ferrari 1000 2020Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 451 comments
You don't want anyone having a similar crash into a damaged barrier
Yes. But from my understanding it is not resulted in red flags most of the time.

I think it's because of inadequate facility of the track since it the track wasn't originally designed for F1 in mind.

If Bottas wants this, he has to fully commit to getting the overtake done at turn 1, 2 or it's not happening at all. Providing he gets off the line of course...

When was the last time we had two red flags in one race?
You might not like the answer to that one.

It's happened three times previously that I can see, and two of them were in Belgium. The only one ever to have two red flags and have the race resumed after both was Belgium 1990 (which was actually restarted over the original distance twice, after two lap one crashes on both previous starts).

Yes. But from my understanding it is not resulted in red flags most of the time.

I think it's because of inadequate facility of the track since it the track wasn't originally designed for F1 in mind.
No, it's just a simple tire wall repair. Happens all the time.

You might not like the answer to that one.

It's happened three times previously that I can see, and two of them were in Belgium. The only one ever to have two red flags and have the race resumed after both was Belgium 1990.
Brazil 2016 was also continued to finish

Literally exactly the same as Monza. Tyre barriers have to be secured properly.

It's just that they're not hit that often.

I hope it goes a bit better than the last one...

-

What are the chances of the Mercs tripping over each other and Ricciardo getting the win?!
Standing start? Are we going to see the GP2 Magny Cours incident again?

Back