Formula 1 Pirelli Großer Preis Der Steiermark 2020Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 307 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not as exciting as last week's race with all the retirements, but there were some nice scraps. That final lap!

I'm fairly pleased with the McLarens, especially Norris. Kid's scrappy! Wait... are they still 2nd in the WCC?! And he's still 3rd?!

Dominant Lewis. Decent finish by Ricciardo, if there was indeed issues with the car he had to look after. Kind surprised at Albon's lack of pace -- I missed the contact with Perez. Disappointed with Leclerc. Always stoked to see a Honda on the podium, even if it's with Max.

Bah. Stroll takes a dive up the inside of Riccardo... and my internet drops out. Comes back as Hamilton stops in parc ferme. Damnation.

Well, biggest winner is obviously Lewis & Mercedes. Lewis drove a solid race and was able to keep it all under control for another commanding victory. Bottas also did well today. Was able to keep it composed and was able to close up and pass an aggressive Max Verstappen. Even had a good battle with Max and was able to hold him off confidently.

If I could have multiple DoTD, It would go to both Norris and Perez. Perez did great today preserving his tires, while also banging out some solid lap times. Both he and Stroll really showed the pace of the Pink Mercedes (inb4 "Stroll is only good because of his car"). Norris still showed consistent, solid pace today, and was able to pull off some stellar moves in the last couple of laps. Of all the "new" young drivers on the grid, I really do feel like Norris does not get enough recognition at times.

Moderately disappointed in Albon today. While he was able to maintain a solid 4th for Red Bull, his overall pace was way off the top 3. Between that and his small incident with Perez, I cant help but wonder if last weeks events affected his aggression today?

Biggest losers by a country mile this weekend were Ferrari. My expectations for Ferrari were already low, but Holy 🤬. I don't know what Leclerc was thinking with his move, but it seemed to be pretty boneheaded. At least he fully owned up to it, though. Vettel, meanwhile, continues to have what seems to be a year from hell (when taking pre-season into account). And while I know they said they were going to be off-pace this season, I still can't get over how much they're off. If I'm Sainz, I'm gonna be praying that Ferrari picks up some pace before the year's end.

Hamilton, Verstappen, and Albon redemption arc.

Sad for Leclerc.

Vettel is a meme.

Sainz almost there and good god the Mclaren Renault is fast.

My highlights

I forgot HAAS was in this race

I kept looking at the grid positions trying to understand what Norris pulled off AT THE LAST CORNER.

Perez with a good Mercedes Audition race.

Albon probably couldn't wait to get the hell out of spielberg,poor guy almost crashed again.

Wonder what Sainz thinks about Ferrari right now

I like to think Hamilton was humming Vanessa Carlton-A thousand miles during the race.

Finishing order was pretty much a given based on last week’s results. Other than a few late-race scraps in the midfield and boneheaded moves on Vettel and especially Leclerc’s part, really not much happened. Indeed, the only reason last week was exciting was because of all the mechanical retirements.
Almost certainly going to be a Mercedes washout season again, and most likely Hamilton will pick up his 7th. All the lockdown speculation was fun, though. See everybody next year, maybe Lewis’ll retire and we’ll see a proper shakeup in the order.

I forgot HAAS was in this race

They should probably take note from Racing Point's book. Perhaps get a Merc engine for good measure....and lastly, get other drivers. Grosjean and Magnussen just seems to be "fillers" and aren't showing any reasons as to why they should still be in F1.

Im missing Ferrari being competitive even if it involved cheating, the fallout of being caught out is plainly evident, not being helped by driver incompetence either. Im guessing Ferrari wont be competitive for years now, I cant understand with such huge amounts of revenue they cant legitimately develop a winning car... total cluster ****

Did they make a decision on Stroll? Seems like a pretty slow response compared to the Hamilton decision last race.

edit: I see - no penalty. Can't say I agree, that was a dirty move. He only got past because he out-braked himself and forced Ricciardo out.

Did they make a decision on Stroll? Seems like a pretty slow response compared to the Hamilton decision last race.

edit: I see - no penalty. Can't say I agree, that was a dirty move. He only got past because he out-braked himself and forced Ricciardo out.

I heard no penalty, racing incident.

Perez made the same move on Lando, the only difference is that he stayed within track limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back