Formula 1 Rolex Belgian Grand Prix 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 464 comments
Do you know how much money it would cost to enable the possibility of a 1 day delay? That won't be worth it for something that pretty much never happens
Not much, if it never happens. Planning for backup people doesn't cost anything. The track doesn't cost anything, as the host covers cost. Personnel is salaried... I know this seems complicated, but not really.

Not much, if it never happens. Planning for backup people doesn't cost anything. The track doesn't cost anything, as the host covers cost. Personnel is salaried... I know this seems complicated, but not really.
That is so very wrong...
Having people available on backup definitely costs money.
Having a venue available, with all infrastructure around it, costs money

That is so very wrong...
Having people available on backup definitely costs money.
Having a venue available, with all infrastructure around it, costs money
How much? Please share, since I don't know.

Do you think you can just expect the thousands of people involved to make sure they are available for a day just in case? And to do that for free?
Yes... if they volunteer as such. It's as simple as asking "if we need to postpone, can you be there the next day?" Yes, great. No? Get more volunteers as alternates, as needed.

That's also not true, planning takes time, people need to spend that time, and people cost money, especially those doing planning
Wow, you guys are making a simple concept way more complicated. Yes, if it happens, it will cost more. Asking people when they volunteer if they can show up on Monday, doesn't cost. They already make the forms to sign up, processing, etc. Now, if you want to get pedantic... yes, it costs the extra ink on the form and a small amount of time documenting who the alternates are.

Last edited:
Yes... if they volunteer as such. It's as simple as asking "if we need to postpone, can you be there the next day?" Yes, great. No? Get more volunteers as alternates, as needed.
You appear to assume there's some big pool of volunteers available for any event at any time, but that's just not the case. There's barely enough marshals as it is, expecting to find enough marshals to host a race - particularly on a weekday - on the offchance of once-in-a-decade weather demonstrates a huge lack of understanding on your part.

That was a major waste of time.

To think I was going to book last-minute tickets to fly out there and attend.

FIA and Formula 1 management should be embarrassed. They knew what they were doing all along, especially with the weather prediction technology they have.

Roo
You appear to assume there's some big pool of volunteers available for any event at any time, but that's just not the case. There's barely enough marshals as it is, expecting to find enough marshals to host a race - particularly on a weekday - on the offchance of once-in-a-decade weather demonstrates a huge lack of understanding on your part.
Read my comment above, please. It's not a lack of understanding.

Latest Posts

Back