Formula 1 Rolex Großer Preis Von Österreich 2020Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 532 comments
And there goes a lot of the interest in this race, probably. What a shame.
Obviously I said this on purpose: I was just trying to jinx myself.

Sensational! I love this sport. Could never live without it.

Great stuff from Norris/McLaren...! Good news for Bottas as Lewis drops a chunk of points, but I assume LH will be raging for a variety of reasons.

Not sure who to blame more for the lack of a podium: Hamilton for knocking Albon out of the way or Mercedes for not properly assessing the situation and guaranteeing a podium by intentionally making Bottas fall back and block.

Not sure who to blame more for the lack of a podium: Hamilton for knocking Albon out of the way or Mercedes for not properly assessing the situation and guaranteeing a podium by intentionally making Bottas fall back and block.
If I was Bottas I’d hold back Hamilton all I could. He might be out of contract so he needs to start fighting for himself. Finishing second to Hamilton again won’t gain him anything

Not sure how I feel about the 2ND RACISM branding everywhere. Seems a bit soon when the drivers are all still really cross about the first one.

end-racism-shirts-F1-1040x572.jpg

If I was Bottas I’d hold back Hamilton all I could. He might be out of contract so he needs to start fighting for himself. Finishing second to Hamilton again won’t gain him anything
I get that and if I were Bottas I'd also ignore fall back orders (because it was Hamilton's fault and Bottas did nothing wrong). Still, it looked like Mercedes wasn't paying attention and was caught off guard, trying too late to save the podium.

Would have never bet on a Ferrari 2nd place. Best possible outcome considering how much of a midfield car it currently is. Poor Max, though.

Hamilton doesn't make a lot of mistakes with his racecraft, but that collision was 100% his fault. Gutted for Albon, considering he probably wins this race if not for the incident.

*sigh* That's the problem... People can be so thick sometimes...
Calm down, watch the replay again and react with your head not your heart. 5 seconds may have been a bit lenient but all this decrying of Hamilton as an asshole and calling for him to be instantly DQ'ed is way too far over the line. Brazil was all Lewis's fault, he dived into a gap that wasn't open. This one Albon needs to take some of the blame too. He went for the overtake on the outside line and hasn't completed it by the time he reached the pinch point on the exit.

At no point did Lewis turn into Albon - that is the clearest distinction that shows your attitude is way too extreme.

How come they won't use the proper podium and spray champagne on nothing? It would be more or less the same level of awkward lol

Maybe some of the Hamilton haters on here can tell me what else he could have done to avoid a collision with Albon there.

Hamilton's on a harder tyre and he has less grip. This is the first crucial part to understand. He brakes for the corner whilst still ahead of Albon, turns in, hits the apex, and maintains full steering lock whilst leaving what looks like about a car width on the outside. It is Albon's decision to risk it at that point and his angle of attack might have caused the contact. Plenty of others have gone round the outside there, didn't Leclerc do it a couple laps later?

Albon left no space for Hamilton at that corner at the start of the race, but only Hamilton has enough experience to know when to back out. It's part of the reason why Hamilton drives smart whereas Albon has still so much more to learn.

Calm down, watch the replay again and react with your head not your heart. 5 seconds may have been a bit lenient but all this decrying of Hamilton as an asshole and calling for him to be instantly DQ'ed is way too far over the line. Brazil was all Lewis's fault, he dived into a gap that wasn't open. This one Albon needs to take some of the blame too. He went for the overtake on the outside line and hasn't completed it by the time he reached the pinch point on the exit.

At no point did Lewis turn into Albon - that is the clearest distinction that shows your attitude is way too extreme.
Albon was massively ballsy on the move. I agree Hamilton did NOT turn into him. Instead, I see it as Hamilton's car understeering into the Red Bull.

I never called for a DQ, did I? And no, he didn't turn in on him, he continued to track out wide when he didn't need to.

He could have turned in slightly harder there when Albon was alongside him. If that would have caused more understeer then maybe not be as much on the throttle as he was so the car doesn't track out wide like that. Or, having even more awareness that we know Hamilton has, he could have initially turned in harder (thus leaving room) knowing that Albon was coming up on him and on a softer tire. These are all valid options.

Back