Formula 1 Rolex Magyar Nagydíj 2019

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 244 comments
It's the opinion of a driver who spent a long time in the team against a Red Bull Junior, I'd say it counts for something.

He was never going to be allowed to, if you take his word for it.

I don’t take his word for it tbh. This is the same guy who was only concerned about following team orders when it suited himself. I thought he was a bit of hypocrite at the time.

At the end of the day, if he wanted preferable treatment (or equal) then he had to show he was superior or on the same level but he hardly did, especially when Pirelli cheese tires came into F1.

Last edited:
He has another year on his contract. With no sign of slowing down. At this rate will easily surpass all of Michael Schumacher's records. Why would he stop?

Oh, I think he will stop.....after he's surpasses Michael's win records and maybe go after the fastest laps too if they are within reach :P:lol:

Lewis says he hardly ever thinks about records but I really doubt that's the case...after all, when you know you are within 10 wins of a record that most people thought would never be matched or be broken and you know you have to tool to do just that...there's no way you are NOT thinking about it. I'd like to think that certainly is one of his motivator to keep going.

Late lunge is just as risky. That is a move he is famous for, it was going to catch up with him sooner or later. He just did it to the wrong guy.
But it was still Verstappens fault, Ricciardo didn't make a Move until Verstappen did his one allowed move had Verstappen followed the rules there would be no incident.

During the coverage I missed the fact (if they mentioned it) that Magnussen received a warning from Race Control about his moves in the braking zone. No investigation/penalty though, perhaps they're waiting for him to cause the inevitable huge crash?

Oh, I think he will stop.....after he's surpasses Michael's win records and maybe go after the fastest laps too if they are within reach :P:lol:

Lewis says he hardly ever thinks about records but I really doubt that's the case...after all, when you know you are within 10 wins of a record that most people thought would never be matched or be broken and you know you have to tool to do just that...there's no way you are NOT thinking about it. I'd like to think that certainly is one of his motivator to keep going.
Of course he'll retire some day but not until he stops winning. Why would you stop something that he's the best in the world at, and really loves? And the thrill of winning week after week?

Back