Formula 1 Singapore Airlines Singapore Grand Prix 2022Formula 1 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 286 comments
  • 19,414 views

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr Genius
Premium
Messages
13,774
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Formula 1 has quite a few races held at night under lights now, but for most people there is only one true Night Race. The Marina Bay Circuit was the pioneer of running under lights and will always be the one race where the cars look most spectacular and shiny. A bumpy, tight but stunning street circuit has had some spectacular and controversial moments in F1 history and can produce some great racing in the toughest and most physical race for the drivers. A circuit with a 100% Safety Car record that regularly runs into the 2-hour threshold with plenty of corners and crippling humidity makes it draining, and anyone who wins a race down here is a true legend. Strap yourselves in for the SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX.
image (15).png

First Grand Prix
2008

Number of Laps
61

Circuit Length
5.063km

Race Distance
308.706 km

Lap Record
1:41.905
Kevin Magnussen (2018)​
 
A street race to get vaguely excited about. I actually hope Ferrari do win because it'd be nice to have the front of the field mixed up a bit for a change by now.
 
A street race to get vaguely excited about. I actually hope Ferrari do win because it'd be nice to have the front of the field mixed up a bit for a change by now.
You never know, Saidur could finally hit 1 for 17 and Mercedes are right up there and win. Should be a better track for them, theoretically.
 
Are Red Bull still bringing their big update?
 
Looking like it might a wet race guess that 100% safety car record will stay strong for yet another season
 
I will be making my way to the circuit later this afternoon for the two practice sessions today. Hopefully the weather will cooperate (it didn't rain during my previous 3 visits here) and looking forward to a good race! Perhaps we'll see MV securing his second title here?
 
Looking at the track map it's as I remember it, but I do seem to recall that they were going to make some changes to sector 3 from this year forward, whatever happened to that? It would've been the fiddly bit hugging the waterfront and the tight turn under the grandstand (16-18/19) that would've been axed, if memory serves me correctly.
 
Looking at the track map it's as I remember it, but I do seem to recall that they were going to make some changes to sector 3 from this year forward, whatever happened to that? It would've been the fiddly bit hugging the waterfront and the tight turn under the grandstand (16-18/19) that would've been axed, if memory serves me correctly.
Like many things, the plans got delayed because of COVID.

 
Sky really haven't heard of the "too many cooks" proverb have they? Tired of all the people in the comm box talking over each other, then they go to someone trackside to add a fourth voice.
 
If memory serves me right, I think it has happened a couple of time where we've had Max winning the race that Lewis was crowned champion at. Might be just me but I think It'd be funny to see the reverse happen with Lewis winning the race where Max is crowned champion 😂. Should be good for F1 history!
 
If memory serves me right, I think it has happened a couple of time where we've had Max winning the race that Lewis was crowned champion at. Might be just me but I think It'd be funny to see the reverse happen with Lewis winning the race where Max is crowned champion 😂. Should be good for F1 history!
If there's any race Lewis is gonna win, it'll be this one. I think he's pretty much the favorite now. But that would already make it impossible for Max to win the championship
 
Last edited:
Anyone know what channel qualifying is on in the States? I'm seeing some sites saying it's on ESPN2 while others have it listed on ESPNEWS at ~9am. And yet, I see it nowhere on either channel on my guide at that time...
 
Anyone know what channel qualifying is on in the States? I'm seeing some sites saying it's on ESPN2 while others have it listed on ESPNEWS at ~9am. And yet, I see it nowhere on either channel on my guide at that time...
Spectrum Cable has it in the guide at 7:55 am CST on ESPN2.
 
Anyone know what channel qualifying is on in the States? I'm seeing some sites saying it's on ESPN2 while others have it listed on ESPNEWS at ~9am. And yet, I see it nowhere on either channel on my guide at that time...
It was originally on ESPNEWS but has apparently been switched to ESPN2 without notice.
 
Very wet in Singapore. FP3 started but red light on.
 
Last edited:
Latifi backing up and out of F1 like Homer Simpson fading into the bushes.
 
Hamilton has been summoned to the steward's because of his nasal jewellery... :lol:

Stickers Sniffing GIF by Apply
 
Why do these inters look so slick? Is everyone on worn down inters and/or is there some sort of trick with the lighting?

edit: Probably a bit of both. When they're running they look very similar to slicks.
 
Last edited:
Massive blimey moment for George lmao
 
Here come the slick tires. Oh boy, should be fun.
 
Magic Q3 session... bizarre end! Top 3 within 0.054s :eek: And 5 constructors in the Top 6...
 
Last edited:
Red Bull / Max doing the Ferrari this weekend? Bizarre, should have just finished the previous lap.
 
Back