Formula 1 Singapore Airlines Singapore Grand Prix 2022Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 286 comments
On the one hand he deserves the win but on the other hand how convenient the penalties were just enough to keep the win.
Derek Warwick.

Reading the stewards' notes is eyebrow-raising - in the second offence they actually note they warned the team about it during the same lap:

"This occurred notwithstanding that the Race Director had issued a warning to the team that PER was not respecting the less than ten car lengths regulation between turns 9 and 10. The team passed that warning on to PER"
I reckon if they'd actually given the first warning during the race, the second offence would have attracted a much larger punishment (or not occurred at all).

I'm no fan of race results being changed after the race except where it's unavoidable, but they had plenty of opportunity to review both these incidents in the race - and in the end they've warned him three times and punished him one-and-a-half times... afterwards.

An in-race warning not to do it the first time would probably have prevented it from occurring a second time - or resulted in a more severe penalty for doing the thing three times.

But this is all on the stewards, not Perez. He didn't really gain any advantage from any of it and should have won, despite their ineptitude.

INVESTIGATE THINGS DURING THE RACE YOU **** HEELS.

Derek Warwick.

Reading the stewards' notes is eyebrow-raising - in the second offence they actually note they warned the team about it during the same lap:

I reckon if they'd actually given the first warning during the race, the second offence would have attracted a much larger punishment (or not occurred at all).

I'm no fan of race results being changed after the race except where it's unavoidable, but they had plenty of opportunity to review both these incidents in the race - and in the end they've warned him three times and punished him one-and-a-half times... afterwards.

An in-race warning not to do it the first time would probably have prevented it from occurring a second time - or resulted in a more severe penalty for doing the thing three times.

But this is all on the stewards, not Perez. He didn't really gain any advantage from any of it and should have won, despite their ineptitude.

INVESTIGATE THINGS DURING THE RACE YOU **** HEELS.
Outburst will be investigated after the race.

Bit of a muddled race and kinda frustrating that overtaking at the front was never really on.

This statement perfectly sums up the state of the FIA:
7F799BC7-FFF7-46A1-97D3-05BA6B2A7498.png

Btw, did anything come of the investigation between Lando & Max during the virtual safety car? The Perez win & waiting to hear the final decision seemed to have drowned out everything else.

Btw, did anything come of the investigation between Lando & Max during the virtual safety car? The Perez win & waiting to hear the final decision seemed to have drowned out everything else.
I don't see that one in the FIA documents and the final results have been posted, so nothing.

Here's a fun one:
1664751969668.png

Last edited:

The only driver on this list to have more poles than Leclerc is Piquet, the only driver on this to have fewer wins than Leclerc is Jabouille...

I don't see that one in the FIA documents and the final results have been posted, so nothing.

Here's a fun one:
View attachment 1197325
£90 🤣. Madness. Wasn't Tsunoda getting drive through penalties for that earlier this year? I know it was during a recon lap but still.

£90 🤣. Madness. Wasn't Tsunoda getting drive through penalties for that earlier this year? I know it was during a recon lap but still.
Probably took him driving all the way to T1 to earn that back

Guess it's just because he gained nothing with it, and it's only a tiny bit over the limit

Latifi got a five place grid drop for Suzuka for causing the collision with Zhou.

That's cute for mister always-slowest-in-qualifying :lol::lol:

Maybe start him on the Ferris Wheel?
He has to do a Le Mans style start from the ferris wheel. Leg it down, jump in and go. Probably be exactly the same time off the leaders by the end of lap 1 as he would have been starting on the grid.

He has to do a Le Mans style start from the ferris wheel. Leg it down, jump in and go. Probably be exactly the same time off the leaders by the end of lap 1 as he would have been starting on the grid.
Oh great, retired before even making it to the grid. This might be considered cruel and unusual punishment.

Back