Formula 1 VTB are-we-allowed-to-say-Russian? Grand Prix 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 283 comments
Still, he didn't qualify at all
I don't think there's anything stopping them from starting without setting a time. It doesn't seem like the 107% rule applies, which is the only time I remember teams having to ask for permission to start. The commentators probably would've mentioned something by now.

I don't think there's anything stopping them from starting without setting a time. It doesn't seem like the 107% rule applies, which is the only time I remember teams having to ask for permission to start. The commentators probably would've mentioned something by now.
Yeah, it does look like it's fine. Just doesn't feel like it should be 🤷

Last edited:
I don't believe it's brought up mainly because everyone knows that RB is competitive and they'd just go to the practise times if somebody bothered to do so, "There you go Michael, we're competitive enough to start". Hell, the only time I remembered the 107% being an issue on one occasion (probably Can '11) and it was a similar reasoning then.

E: Yes, Ambrosio for Virgin Racing, didn't make it within the threshold for Quali but he'd set better times in practise due to a replacement chassis.

Last edited:
Ooft, Hamilton smacks into the wall on his way into the pits and misses his last chance(s) to secure pole!

edit: Hamilton does get back out, but it will be tight to see if he makes it round in time for one last lap.

Hamilton makes it round for one last lap, but has no temperature in his tyres...

Last edited:
LANDO!

Lando Norris GIF by McLaren

Lando Norris on pole, Russell in P3 :dopey:

Lewis Hamilton has spun on his last hot lap, he'll start in 4th, and Bottas in 7th!

It's as if Mercedes and their drivers are doing everything in their hands to lose this championship.

Still it's great seeing a McLaren/Ferrari front row. I'm really happy for Lando.

Apparently Sainz also spun on the slick tyres, possibly on his in-lap after qualifying had finished, so he might have been lucky to get that front row slot!

Back