Formula D Season III - Completed! fcpmarcus becomes two time champion!

• Thread starter LVracerGT
  • 509 comments
Ok I'ma talk off the ear for a min so dont blow up on me is there any chance at letting in MR's in the next Formula season or opening an unlimited class?

Robbyelder
Ok I'ma talk off the ear for a min so dont blow up on me is there any chance at letting in MR's in the next Formula season or opening an unlimited class?

I just talked to him about this in pm's. He told me the are fine right now but if he sees that any MR car have a big advance the will be banned. IMO start testing now so you don't have worry about that in the future.

As what I mean by an unlimited class when I go Hard its gonna be in the Ford GT I run a wing with it. I'm running around 800hp with it aswell but I can follow quiet well behind a silvia. Its not my event but it would be nice to run something out of the ordnary just to show it can and will compete.

Robbyelder
As what I mean by an unlimited class when I go Hard its gonna be in the Ford GT I run a wing with it. I'm running around 800hp with it aswell but I can follow quiet well behind a silvia. Its not my event but it would be nice to run something out of the ordnary just to show it can and will compete.

Ford GT may be a bit much. The Viper and the Corvette will probably be banned next season because they are quite a bit faster, the Ford GT falls under that same category I would think. Plus the rules state a 700hp limit.

I can run it lower I run downforce so the car will hook up like the NSX but its all good if you choose to keep it how it is it just boring driving the same cars all the time

True that but it looks kinda funny with a name prodigy ford and no ford lol would a cebrla12 work I know that aint spelled right

Just a suggestion for next season. Maybe open up amateur league next year also. Like the main season with the amateur league were you can be promoted and demoted to different divisions. Just a though because I thought about joining and don't want to run the best on GT5 right away. Just a suggestion.

michrulejj
Just a suggestion for next season. Maybe open up amateur league next year also. Like the main season with the amateur league were you can be promoted and demoted to different divisions. Just a though because I thought about joining and don't want to run the best on GT5 right away. Just a suggestion.

Interesting idea!

Also maybe have the lower division have a lower HP limit. Makes it more realistic. Lower end drift divisions don't have 700hp cars. Well most of the time. Or at least certain amount you can spend on a car. Hard to control though.

michrulejj
Also maybe have the lower division have a lower HP limit. Makes it more realistic. Lower end drift divisions don't have 700hp cars. Well most of the time. Or at least certain amount you can spend on a car. Hard to control though.

Cool idea man.

I didn't know. Sorry man. Just a thought and I can see why you thought of it. And for the comp maybe the lowest division is a stock modified class. I know its your league but I just got a bunch of thoughts and instead of making my own I will just suggest it to you since you are probably the biggest drift league. Also the lower division will attract the people that arent the best but still good. My bad if I am trying to change it too much.

I didn't know. Sorry man. Just a thought and I can see why you thought of it. And for the comp maybe the lowest division is a stock modified class. I know its your league but I just got a bunch of thoughts and instead of making my own I will just suggest it to you since you are probably the biggest drift league. Also the lower division will attract the people that arent the best but still good. My bad if I am trying to change it too much.

I don't think LV will have anything against you suggesting ideas :)

The idea of running an entry level style comp in conjunction with the top level FD circuit is an interesting one. I can totally see how the thought of going up against some of the best drifters on GTP when someone is just getting into the comp scene could be intimidating. Another aspect of this idea is that it would give entry level / "amateur" drivers a chance to get some tandem experience....as simply making top 8 in FD is getting tougher and tougher.

Just to add to the idea, maybe the amateur circuit could be less rounds than the pro circuit?

Off the top of my head, I can forsee two troublesome aspects of this idea:

1 - There would have to be enough people interested in running the amateur circuit (ie getting at least 10-12 people trying to qualify at every event, while still having the same or more people trying to qualify for the pro circuit) to make it worth while. Believe it or not, getting 24+ people interested in a comp, let alone having all of them show up at the majority ofthe events is tougher than you may think.

2 - This would literally double the work load for LV and his judges. Iirc, a typical FD event takes roughly 3 hours (thats for qualifying and top 8) on a tues night. I don't think LV would be able to run both circuits on the same night, as it would be far too long. And I have no idea if LV is interested in running a secondary series on another night of the week. To me, this would mean a separate crew would have to run the amateur circuit...again, no idea if LV is interested in "franchising" lol.

Like Spank said, there is VDC as an option for lower hp, amateur style comps (although all the top dogs still go out for VDC, which kind of defeats the purpose of separating amateurs and pros).

On a side note, didn't you say this was the last season for VDC? I hope not, but if so, this could be a cool idea to fill the void.

Just my two cents :)

Yah I see. It would be hard to manage. But it does seem kind of hard to get in the main event. I say I'm better than average but not amazing. Maybe if I just practice a little more I can qualify. And maybe open up a poll to see if anyone is interested in like an amateur series. Just a thought though. I will look into the other ones.

I like the idea of the amateur series but in reality, my 550hp Z can stay with 700 vipers. It just means i am driving a lot harder.

As for cars to get rid of, the Lexus IS F. (No offense marcus) but when I drifted one, you can gain soooo much speed because of that 8 speed gearbox. Just have to keep shifting and you pull away.

I wonder if a PP limit would work but i dunno.

I like the idea of the amateur series but in reality, my 550hp Z can stay with 700 vipers. It just means i am driving a lot harder.

As for cars to get rid of, the Lexus IS F. (No offense marcus) but when I drifted one, you can gain soooo much speed because of that 8 speed gearbox. Just have to keep shifting and you pull away.

I wonder if a PP limit would work but i dunno.

Every corner has a maximum speed and if that limit is exceeded, you end up off track. So if you keep shifting, the car gets faster BUT you will lose angle because you have to avoid going off track.

At any rate, I doubt you will see Marc's IS-F in the next comp. We are helping him with testing some new cars. :sly:

Although I do understand that many of my cars are fast (IS-f especially) but with the right setup and LOTS of tuning, any car can achieve that speed... The IS-f is actually the slowest of ALL the competitions cars I've made ._. The only reason why I've been so competitive with it is my ability to hold lines and go door-to-door. I've put up sooooooo many hours to have my cars drift at their most capable limit. 135i, M3, 370, etc. all these car can keep up with the ISF. I made a different tune for every round this season. My horsepower changed between 450-650hp depending on the track and opponents. It's all about being prepared mentally (practice) and having the right tune to allow you to compete at the fullest.

Fast cars like the Corvette and Viper, I understand. But I would hate for this competition to start restricting cars that I know most car can beat. My latest car that I've been testing for Season 4 has such a major disadvantage with speed and transitioning... But I want to prove that with proper tuning, it can compete with the faster cars.

Edit: Furthermore, the way I drift and shift gears is freakishly awkward/unorthodox hahaha. My teammates will know that.

Last edited:
I would not care if the viper or vette got booted out. I hated my viper. Even with only 550hp. It seem to grip and lame.

Alright guys sorry for the delay, I finally got the points tables updated from the final round, as well as the podium and championship photos on the OP 👍

As far as hosting amateur comps, between planning for FDS4 and hosting Dream Car Championship on Thursday nights starting next week I don't have enough time to do something like that. However, I would be willing to "franchise" or set something up with SPANK if he is willing to.

I am also going to be looking for help running FD from S4 onward. So if anyone wants to get involved running Formula D let me know through PM 👍

Back