Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
formula-e-world-championship-logo.png

https://www.fiaformulae.com/en/championship/race-calendar
https://www.fiaformulae.com/en/championship/teams-and-drivers

The 1st Diriyah ePrix is today, the first Formula E race under lights (for some reason, not great for the environmental image). Who's excited for the season?

It's super environmentally friendly lighting, apparently.

The latest low-power LED technology will reduce energy consumption by up to 50 per cent compared to non-LED tech. The remaining power for floodlighting will be fully renewable, provided by low-carbon certified hydrogenated vegetable oil made from sustainable materials.

Of course they don't mention that it would be 100% reduced energy if they ran in daylight.

Is there anything in which Rene Rast isn't fast? This man always impresses me, no matter in which type of car he's driving...

In case you're wondering why the Red Flag seemed like a damp squib, here's what happened to Alex Lynn.

I know it’s not good to double post but I feel like this situation warrants it.

The missile was apparently heading for the podium ceremony where the Crown Prince was.

So F1 and FE racing in a regime like that isn't enough, now they have to worry about legit terrorist attacks too?

Just how much is going to finally be too much?

Last edited:
Edit: a better angle of Lynn's accident has been posted on the official Formula E Twitter channel:

-------------------------------------

The results from the second race have been updated after several cars - including 3rd place finisher Vergne - received post-race drive through penalties for not using their second attack mode during the race.

155811653_432622181184541_4283755991854949906_o.jpg

Last edited:
Race 1 in Rome started and finished behind the Safety Car. Some crazy racing and passing all through the field, until a large crash for Vandoorne trying to avoid a slowing Di Grassi ended the race.

The first London ePrix yesterday was absolutely manic, and the second one today promises to be just as crazy with rain forecast.

McNish running like hell to Race Control 🤣 Seriously, what did they think they were doing with that? Cheating, plain and simple.

edit: Digrassi DQ'd 😂 Absolutely farcical.

Last edited:
The race directors comments afterwards basically read as "Phew, we dodged a bullet today!"... How does a FIA sanctioned motorsport keep coming up with new ways to embarrass itself? I know there are some that (in part, myself included) that will say it is a very smart intepretation of the rules, but that does not make it right. And the conscience it would take to win a race this way too, it feels a lot like the Schumacher win in the pitlane. I've watched Formula E from the beginning, but it is very trying at times! 😅

Today's race is a bit of a nutter.

Edit: Mercedes set to quit Formula E but win the drivers and teams title on the way out.

Last edited:
Alrighty then https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/01/11/maserati-to-race-in-formula-e/

1641865450762.png

Maserati CEO Davide Grasso said, “We are very proud to be back where we belong as protagonists in the world of racing.

“We are powered by passion and innovative by nature. We have a long history of world-class excellence in competition and we are ready to drive performance in the future.

“In the race for more performance, luxury, and innovation, Folgore is irresistible and it is the purest expression of Maserati.

“That’s why we decided to go back to racing in the ABB FIA Formula E World Championship, meeting our customers in the city centres of the world, taking the Trident forward into the future.”

Makes me think of NASCAR. Sports fans love brackets! So more brackets in racing will bring in more fans!

Well they've come up with another new, super simple quali format that is bound to draw in the casual fans.

qfSgvWFScS6Jk9as-aSR10eQ9XPegnwZdKhuUFyl6ss.jpg

It's like they saw what F1 tried in 2016 and tried to think of something even worse.
Racing brackets and no John Force? Sham.

Well they've come up with another new, super simple quali format that is bound to draw in the casual fans.

qfSgvWFScS6Jk9as-aSR10eQ9XPegnwZdKhuUFyl6ss.jpg

It's like they saw what F1 tried in 2016 and tried to think of something even worse.
If we were talking sprint cars on a quarter mile dirt track, this would actually be kinda neat.

Two protestors just jumped the fence and sat on the track right before the start. Now the race is delayed.

I hope they took beating from security.

Last edited:
Back