Formula Gran Turismo Championship..

Terrible event. I'd rather drive a Miata around Tsukuba for another four hours than do this crap again.
 
I've been thinking about giving this another go for a few months now... need to find a proper setup for the car, then I'll maybe have a chance. Would be so much more fun with a wheel. :(
 
I actually enjoy the FGT Championship a great deal as it was the last A-Spec trophy I managed to win (aside from the 24 Hours of Nurburgring). It is challenging, to be sure, but at this point, I find it to be pretty easy. Just drive the FGT a lot. And you'll come around.
Also, the FGT Championship in GT4 was 10 races...not 6. So, I guess you should be thankful.

As for my least favorite...it became any event that used the Grand Valley track. Some tracks are under utilized. Grand Valley is used far too often.
 
Try playing with the driving aids - I did this championship without too many issues.

Although in B-Spec Bob was top of the leaderboard and winning at Monza with a comfortable lead when he decided to pit on the last lap and came last!
:banghead:
 
I friggen HATE the Historic race car cup. that Toyota 7 race car is a Prick. my car was a corvette race car... smoked everything but the toyota. 2nd place 3 times in a row. borrowed the toyota 7 from a buddy to finish that ******G race.
 
If the FGT challenge uses the tire wear change. I'd die.
 
The FGT Championship can definitely be frustrating and is definitely a bit time-consuming. One or two mistakes can really make a race tough to catch the leaders. I find that consistency is the best policy, but everybody makes mistakes and when I do, I always seem to make another mistake or two by being too aggressive, while trying to catch up to the leaders after the 1st mistake. :lol:

I'm currently in the process of golding each of the individual races first, so when I actually run the Championship, I can skip races that I do not need the points for.

I have two races left to gold, then one weekend when I have some free time, I'm going to knock this championship out. It's the only event that I have left to complete that level of A-spec. I know I'll never run the A-Spec endurances alone, so thankfully, my completing the B-spec Endurance races counts towards the "All Gold" trophy and I'll never "have to" run the A-spec Endurances, unless I want the prize cars. 👍

Then again, I think most, if not all, of the A-spec Endurance prize cars can be purchased from the NCD or the UCD, but I'd have to double-check that. Of course, there are also tickets to get the cars, too.
 
Last edited:
The FGT Championship (and their individual races), the Endurance races, and Vettel Challenges are all I have left for Platinum.

Monaco is very difficult. I've already golded the first 2 races on their own, and I'm confident I can gold the race at Monza. I think I need to learn the racing lines at Monaco better. Maybe I should turn on the racing line aid for a bit? Or would it be more helpful to look for YouTube videos?

I don't like driving with the aids turned on, other than ABS and rarely TCS

EDIT:

Some other challenges that I found difficult and took a considerable amount of time were:

Slalom license test in the FT-86 (did this one quite a while ago)
The Lotus on the Top Gear Test Track
The Alfa 8C Time Trial at Eiger (Eventually finished in 1:16.5xx)
Historic Race Car Cup (I don't remember how I did this, but it was long ago. It probably wouldn't be as challenging now)
The Tuscany Night Race with the Lambo ( I actually still need to finish this one. Got within .7 seconds last night, but I'm confident it will get done very soon which is why I didn't list it)
 
Last edited:
The FGT races (that I can remember) were a challenge but it was worth it. Monaco was fun (and significantly easier than running the Historic Racing Cup because there's no 2J) but its still a good challenge. The only one of the races that isn't a challenge (or didn't used to be) is/was Nurburgring. The reason was due to the FGT AI's tendency to completely mess up the chicane every lap and fly into the grass.
 
That reminds me...that might of been how I won the Historic Race Car Cup. I bought a 2J. Figured if you can't beat 'em, join 'em?
 
That reminds me...that might of been how I won the Historic Race Car Cup. I bought a 2J. Figured if you can't beat 'em, join 'em?

I used the Ford Mk IV to win that race, so I could get the trophy. 👍
 
Brake bias of Front 5/Rear 1 works great.
If you struggle, the AI turns slower laps. If you're quick, the AI will be fast as well.
After the first race, remember the names and car colors of the top two and wreck them if you must to ensure you finish first in the Championship.
 
That reminds me...that might of been how I won the Historic Race Car Cup. I bought a 2J. Figured if you can't beat 'em, join 'em?
One of the better challenges in the game was beating the 2J with an RM'd Camaro.
 
I remember getting close with the RM'd Camaro. I should try it again now that I have more experience.
 
I remember getting close with the RM'd Camaro. I should try it again now that I have more experience.
That's all I did. You'll be surprised to see how much better you are now than you were even a couple of months ago.
 
Im having a Sound issue for some reason.
I use the Bumper view(I think its called where you dont see any of the vehicle).

For the Formula race only, I cant discern my cars engine to know when to shift. Makes it VERY hard.
Im hearing the competition way too much. I have 7.1 sound system. THe only way I can pickup my cars engine shifting, is to downgrade GT5 audio to 2.0 Surround. Weird.
 
Im having a Sound issue for some reason.
I use the Bumper view(I think its called where you dont see any of the vehicle).

For the Formula race only, I cant discern my cars engine to know when to shift. Makes it VERY hard.
Im hearing the competition way too much. I have 7.1 sound system. THe only way I can pickup my cars engine shifting, is to downgrade GT5 audio to 2.0 Surround. Weird.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=253921 The 2.06 / 2.07 bug tracker thread. This is the best place to discuss the issue you've mentioned. :)
 
I didn't think it was that hard of a championship, got gold on first try. The only problem was I didn't do the championship, did the races one at a time :banghead: lol
 
Formula cars are a bit for me to handle with the DS3, at least they were when I did the FGT championship. Switching to the shoulders for throttle/braking helped a lot with smoothness as of late, but using a low level of the assists made worlds of difference with the FGT. A little TCS (maybe 2 or 3) and I believe Mild steering assist tamed the beast a lot and I quite easily passed the championship, albeit a bit tedious. If the Vettel challenges count as A-Spec, those are my least favorite :(
 
I won the first five races. It took SSOOO long that i decided to skip the las one and win the championship.
 
The only thing I don't like about the FGT championship is it doesn't run on the Nordschleife. Favorite car by far though, has been since GT4. Remember when there were what, 10 FGT A-Spec races and they all ran the actual distance instead of only 20 laps? Anyway, I still repeat the 20-lap FGT races at Monza and Monaco frequently... the AI are pitiful of course, you can beat them with all aids off and Comfort Hard tires (I'm not kidding). But somehow it's nice to know they're running behind me somewhere, and if I'm fast enough I start lapping them on the last couple of laps.
 
This thread is reallll old :P
I was a garbage driver then compared to now.
I tried it again a few weeks ago and thought it was stupid easy. :lol:
 
Back