Formula GT Write Up

• Thread starter Blake
  • 41 comments
Yeah, but pits at Monaco only take about 15 seconds. It's not a big deal.

I would dial out some of the rear toe on your car. You'll get better tire wear and may be able to stretch your pit interval an extra lap.

Originally posted by Blake
I should really get back onto doing this. I'll dust off my GT3 disk and give it a whirl because it's school holidays now. I haven't done the Monaco race in FGT yet. I'm not looking forward to it because of the constant pitstops.

I found the monaco race was the best out of all of them, even though I won by miles!

I should really get back onto doing this. I'll dust off my GT3 disk and give it a whirl because it's school holidays now. I haven't done the Monaco race in FGT yet. I'm not looking forward to it because of the constant pitstops.
At monaco you'll pit every 6-7 laps. Much better compared to the FGT Grand valley race where you were pitting every 3-4 lap's.

Yeah, it's not as though it will be at all difficult because I know Monaco like the back of my hand, but just by the pit strategy you justy mentioned that's 11-12 pitstops!

Race 5: Rome Circuit

Qualifying

It was a month since the last race and since teams were not allowed to drive the cars in between rounds all of the teams were a bit rusty. All of the mechanics were busy at work when before qualifying started. The cars drove out and all did there flying laps, HRT's Blake Haswell topped the time sheets with a 1'05.874.

Raceday

The teams had time between sessions to get all of the quircks out of there cars before the session began. HRT's car was too unstable for racing so they made it a little bit more docile so it would last the distance. They went out and tested the tires and decided on 4 stop strategy with pits on laps 6, 12, 18 and 23.

The Race

The lights went out and HRT's 002 had its usual problems with the launch putting them in 4th. Blake quickly jumped over the large ripple strip around the 1st kink landing him in 3rd. He was pushed around a bit by 4th place but when he got his chance at turn 5 he took it and moved into 1st. With a bit of strugle by other cars to take his position he managed to be half a second up by the end of lap 1.
About half way through lap 2 Blake went a little bit wide after a corner hit the riple strip on the outside and his rear tyre slipped out from underneath his car spinning him around twice and putting him in 4th. On the last corner he pushed through and moved up a place to 3rd.
The field sorted itself out then untill the HRT car pitted on lap 6. Haswell left the pits in 5th and quickly moved into 4th.
On lap 8 the rest of the field pitted in leaving Blake with free track.
Lap 9 and Haswell hits the outside ripple strip on turn 6 spinning him again. He loses 8-9 seconds but is still in 1st.
Haswell pits on schedual on lap 12 and he comes out 4th. By lap 14 he was up to the 001's in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. On the last corner Haswell moved into 3rd. The 001's forced him to brake early so as not to hit the wall and Blake was pushed into 4th, but on the last corner Haswell moved in again and got up to 3rd. He was pushed into 4th again before the 001's pit.
On Lap 18 the HRT car came in for it's 3rd pitstop of the race. Haswell comes out 3rd. On the 2nd last turn Haswell moves into 2nd and he come out of the final turn neck and neck with the 1st place 001. The drag up to the Start / Finish line, the 002 has greater acceleration and gains a lead but as soon as they shift into 6th the 001 shows its power and starts gaining and the 002 finished the lap 0.003 seconds ahead of the 001 but soon loses position. When they got to the kink the 002 had the inside line and moved into 1st place. The 001 keeps trying to get back his position but it doesn't work.
On Lap 23 the HRT car pits and comes out 4th. At the end of lap 24 the Rest of the field pits and Haswell had the road to himself. On Lap 27 he pulled a 1'06.651 and on the final lap he managed to get 1'06.366 while lapping the last placed 002 around the final corner.
A fairly tale ending to the Race for Blake Haswell.

Results

1st. Polyphony002 - 33'14.920
2nd. Polyphony001 - + 0'18.307
3rd. Polyphony001 - + 0'19.004
4th. Polyphony001 - + 0'21.821
5th. Polyphony002 - + 1'08.843
6th. Polyphony002 - 1 Lap

Championship

1st. Polyphony002 - 39
2nd. Polyphony001 - 29
3rd. Polyphony001 - 28
4th. Polyphony001 - 19
5th. Polyphony002 - 10
6th. Polyphony002 - 5

The Rome GP is proudly brought to you by GTPlanet.net - Covering the world of Gran Turismo

i did the FGT in a f094/h last week, and i gotta say, i was surprised by how easy it was. I demolished the competition by at least a lap on every race. I followed almost exactly to der alta's FGT write up on the compendium, and I've continued to go back to that if i need tips or help on any other races.

Race 6: Test Course

Qualifying

The HRT car was tuned and ready to go and it set down a 1'43.574, good enough for Pole Position.

Raceday

The Haswell Racing Team softened the springs a bit because the car was bouncing around too much. They opted not to pit at all if there tires stayed in one piece.

The Race

The car of Blake Haswell slipped back to 2nd off the start but he quickly moved behind the car in 1st and used the slipstream to move into 1st position. At the first Turn all of the cars bunch up and positions change very regularly. Haswell could not keep a lead, whenever he got drift someone used the slipstream from his accelerating car. By lap 2 Haswell was taking a different line so the rest of the field could not use the slipstream.
Haswell set the fastest lap of the race on lap 3, a 1'42.786, by letting them get ahead around the last corner of lap 2 and getting behind them, putting it in 6th gear and letting the slipstream do its work. He quickly moved ahead of the field and put it back into 5th gear to ride the rest of the race out.
The Polyphony002's pitted at regular intervals - lap 7, 14, 21 - while the 001's pitted on laps 8, 16 and 24. Blake had a comfortable lead of over a minute at race nd taking his much needed 10 points.

Results

1st. Polyphony002 - 43'23.470
2nd. Polyphony001 - + 1'10.351
3rd. Polyphony001 - + 1'10.396
4th. Polyphony001 - + 1'10.411
5th. Polyphony002 - + 1'41.143
6th. Polyphony002 - + 1'42.765

Championship

1st. Polyphony002 - 49
2nd. Polyphony001 - 33
3rd. Polyphony001 - 31
4th. Polyphony001 - 25
5th. Polyphony002 - 11
6th. Polyphony002 - 7

The Test Course 150 miles is proudly brought to you by Autobacs

Almost had. But when you started the GT40 supercup I decided to dust off my GT3 disk. And since I have saved during FGT I thought it would be a waste not to continue it.

Race 7: Laguna Seca

Qualifying

The famed and feared Laguna Seca was round number 7 in the 10 round series. The Haswell Racing Team got the settings right and qualified 1st with a 1'03.940. One more pole position for Blake and he will have equaled the record for most poles in a season (8) set 2 seasons ago by Greg Donovan.

Raceday

HRT decided to go for a 6 lap strategy pitting on laps 6, 18, 24 and 29.

The Race

The lights went out, the green flag waved and the engines roared, Haswell dropped down to 4th off the line but moved to 3rd around the 1st and 2nd turns. Around turn 4 Blake moved to 2nd and tried to catch 1st. Haswell drifted behind 1st and pulled up next to him just before the corkscrew. They went two wide through the corkscrew and were still two wide down the next small straight. Haswell took 1st place during braking for the next turn.
Haswell slowly tried to gain a bit of a gap but ruined it on lap 2 when he took a bad line into the corkscrew and had to come to an almost complete stop as wel as being pushed into 2nd, but Haswell took it back in the next turn.
Blake's lead slowly grew untill he pitted on lap 6. He came out 4th and slowly caught up untill the rest of the field pitted on lap 9 handing the lead to Blake.
He increases his lead untill he pits on lap 12. He comes out of the pits in 1st just a second infront of 2nd place.
On lap 14 Haswell almost spins on the corkscrew letting himself fall into 2nd position. The next lap Haswell takes back the lead around turns 1 and 2.
One Polyphony001 pits in on lap 17 and on lap 18 everybody else pits. Haswell has a perfect pitstop and keeps his lead on the rest of the field.
Haswell aproaches the last placing Polyphony002 and on lap 23 laps him. It doesn't last though because on the same lap Haswell loses it on the corkscrew and gets half spun around.
The next lap Haswell takes out the Polyphony002 again then he goes in for his planed pitstop.
When Haswell makes his way out of the pits the 002 unlapped itself and Haswell had been moved into 4th. Haswell moves into 3rd around the corkscrew and into 2nd when one 001 pits. One Polyphony002 also pits on lap 26 but it doesn't affect the positions.
On lap 27 Haswell is honing in on 1st position and takes it after taking a better line through turn 4. With Haswell 4 seconds ahead two 001's pit and one 002 pits.
On lap 29 Haswell pits coming out in 1st. Haswell does the best lap of the race on lap 32 with a 1'03.608 while lapping the 5th placed 002.

Results

1st. Polyphony002 - 37'38.460
2nd. Polyphony001 - + 0'11.243
3rd. Polyphony001 - + 0'15.115
4th. Polyphony001 - + 0'16.528
5th. Polyphony002 - 1 Lap
6th. Polyphony002 - 1 Lap

Championship

1st. Polyphony002 - 59
2nd. Polyphony001 - 39
3rd. Polyphony001 - 34
4th. Polyphony001 - 29
5th. Polyphony002 - 12
6th. Polyphony002 - 9

The Laguna Seca GP is proudly brought to you by Mazda

Yeah, it's not as though it will be at all difficult because I know Monaco like the back of my hand, but just by the pit strategy you justy mentioned that's 11-12 pitstops!

How well do you know the back of your hand!?

Not very well but it's just an expression.

Interesting challenge: Try getting a sub-1 minute lap at Laguna Seca. Involves a lot of setup adjustment and it took me over 25 laps to do, but my final fastest was in the race with a 57.342second lap. Did get some slipstream that lap though.

I got in my Polyphony001 this morning and decided to take up the challenge. Run&Settings, Laguna Seca, 0'59.949...Not much under a minute but still. Plus I didn't have drift.

Back