Formula One 6th World Championship (2010 Edition)

• Thread starter Kakundoo
  • 88 comments
Sorry to hear about your bad luck KAK. Hope you get things sorted soon.

Maybe we can organise an unofficial race for this weekend? Anyone interested

Just experimented with setting up a game yesterday and noticed that TC can only be set to either on or off, you can't limit it to medium. Personally I would opt for TC to be off altogether, it makes a better challenge and is the setting for the gentleman racer :sly:

The settings I would opt for are these:

Tyre simulation - ON
Fuel simulation - ON
Traction control - OFF
ABS - OFF
Gearing - MANUAL/AUTO
Racing line - ALLOWED
Collisions - ON
Damage - FULL
Car performance - EQUAL
Full race weekend
Race distance - 30% (25-30 mins approx)

Last edited:
I would have to agree with you too shaggy. My only concern is that we could alienate the pad users.

It is very difficult to race with a pad and no TC, but the flip side is that having it, even set at low gives you such a massive advantage.

The way I see it is there can only be two options, 1, and this probably isnt fair or workable, is to have wheel users only, or 2, everybody is equal concerning traction, regardless of peripheral type all racers have it set to medium. Of course there is a third option. Where you set the rules and everyone who doesn't like them doesn't race!? But again its probably unfair now the roster if full. I dont know. Its not for me to decide thank goodness.

I'm up for whatever you decide anyway, i race the career with no TC. I do need a car though :lol: I just want to hear back from him too before anyone gives me the ok, but if Kakundoo really cant make it if I could grab his Mercedes that would be cool. Even if its just until he comes back.

I am also happy with your setting Shaggy. I agree with ROH it is really up to pad users to use TC. Personally I have no problem if TC is allowed

I am in favour with the Car selection handicap system, to help keep things a bit more even, and closer racing. I am also happy to race with TCS and ABS if people feel they need it, although I would prefer to run without it.

Kakundoo, its a real shame to hear that, after doing a good job of organising things, and getting a full roster, that really sucks. :sad:

:( What goes on here?

UnsureGuy.jpg

hello,

I would like to get into this series, is there any openings avaiable? I looking to race not be a reserve.

thanks
gtp-octane-junky
psn-octane-junky

:( What goes on here?

UnsureGuy.jpg

Hmm, well our organiser is no longer taking part, so someone needs to step up to the mantle I guess, I could do it myself, but I have questionable organisational skills and time commitments, if no one else is willing to do it though, I will.

The good news is we pretty much have a full grid, so if we can agree on some rules and a date (hopefully this Sunday) then we are pretty much ready to go.

I would like to organizie this but i have never done it before. so i think i would make more problems. but maybe your help this could be done. let me know and i'll go from there. Thanks

You might want to take an extra week to kick the thing off. The original promoter is in control of the OP unless a MOD can move editing rights to the new promoter. Every series needs a decent OP to give the series some flavor.

Hmm, well our organiser is no longer taking part, so someone needs to step up to the mantle I guess, I could do it myself, but I have questionable organisational skills and time commitments, if no one else is willing to do it though, I will.

The good news is we pretty much have a full grid, so if we can agree on some rules and a date (hopefully this Sunday) then we are pretty much ready to go.

We just aren't getting enough feedback either. Since registering it seems most people on the roster are not coming to the thread often enough to discuss options.

To begin with, I feel the new organiser should have a connection with Kakundoo, through F1CE preferably. Possibly have previous experience with participation and/or organising race series, and definitely free all day on sundays. Obviously they need to make a commitment to running this championship for the length of the series also.

I had hoped Kakundoo would continue running the championship as far as the forum was concerned, then all we needed was one racer to host and write down the results. Something needs to be done quick though, lest this thread will die.

Second on the agenda, TC or not TC? Its the only option that needs discussing imo. 30% race distance is perfect, we all want fuel and tyre sim, so the only thing that remains is traction. Pad guys seem to need it, but do we need to standardise it? Medium TC all round or DS3 only?

Just saying but, if it were up to me in the interst of levelling the field, i would have no assists at all, except TC on medium all round. Allowing drivers the choice of transmission type and race line too. Sundays 8pm GMT, all cars equal, damage on tyre sim on collisions on and full race weekends.... Bosh! 👍

Just experimented with setting up a game yesterday and noticed that TC can only be set to either on or off, you can't limit it to medium. Personally I would opt for TC to be off altogether, it makes a better challenge and is the setting for the gentleman racer :sly:

The settings I would opt for are these:

Tyre simulation - ON
Fuel simulation - ON
Traction control -ON
ABS - OFF
Gearing - MANUAL/AUTO
Racing line - ALLOWED
Collisions - ON
Damage - FULL
Car performance - EQUAL
Full race weekend
Race distance - 30% (25-30 mins approx)

I'm happy with all the settings you posted except TC which I personally need as a pad user.

I would not like this thread to die (even before any racing has taken place)! My suggestion is a get together race this Sunday (17/10/10) at 8pm GMT.

It will be an ''unofficial'' race in the hopefully to be continued series of races. Any problems or suggestions of how to improve or change things can then be discussed after the race.

My suggestion is:

Yeongam - Korean Grand Prix

Settings: Tyre simulation - ON
Fuel simulation - ON
Traction control -ON
ABS - OFF
Gearing - MANUAL/AUTO
Racing line - ALLOWED
Collisions - ON
Damage - FULL
Car performance - EQUAL
Full race weekend
Race distance - 30%

Rules: take time to read DOUQA's post @ Tonight only

You are expected to compete in a fair and honest manner. With fair and honest is meant according to the GTP online racing rules, not according to your own interpretation of fair and honest.

Aggressive driving is strictly prohibited.

No careless driving. Always show respect for your fellow racers. Be careful. Show some patience. Understand the limitations of your car and yourself and drive accordingly. Driving online in a racing sim is NOT exactly the same as real life racing in every respect.

Contacts and collisions must be avoided at all costs.

The behind driver must take all necessary care and responsibility not to run into an ahead driver.

In case you brake too late for a corner or partially lose control of your car, but can prevent an accident by steering into the dirt, grass or a wall, you are expected to do so.

The ahead driver must not do any malicious or inappropriate braking or slowing. Leading cars MUST NOT EVER 'brake check' the car(s) behind them because they are following too closely. The ahead driver IS entitled to be slower or use longer and earlier braking zones than others. They are also entitled to turn in earlier or later and/or apex earlier or later.

When approaching the turn/apex of turn, the car which "holds" the inner side of turn has entrance-advantage and other driver(s) must refrain from endangering him by his actions.

You must establish substantial overlap with the car ahead before they reach the corner?s turn-in point to have the right to drive up their inside, or to expect them to leave inside room for you. At least the front of your car should be up to the driver?s position in the ahead car. The ahead driver has the right to be fully committed to the racing line of their choice without any interference if there was no substantial overlap before he turned in.

If sufficient overlap is established before the turn-in point, then the behind driver has the right to sufficient side room. The ahead driver must also leave sufficient side room for the behind driver. This means that each driver has a right to their respective "line", or side of the track, right up to the exit point. Neither driver should squeeze the other toward the inside or outside of the corner during the apex or exit.

Your goal on turn 1 should not be to get to the front, but rather to convert a double wide start field to a single file running order. Look ahead more than one car. Due to field compression, a compact field will run slower through the first few turns than a spread out one. Leave some extra space, but not too much. Drivers behind you won't be expecting sudden braking.

I am prepared to try and organise this race (though I have never done it in the past lol).

Anybody interested in joining?

Last edited:
Thanks zeeco. 8pm is too early for me sorry. I thought the start time was around 9 ish.
If I have to bow out I will.

Thanks zeeco. 8pm is too early for me sorry. I thought the start time was around 9 ish.
If I have to bow out I will.

No worries Spa maybe next time. I am cancelling the above race anyway as it appears nobody is interested. Seems this Championship is doomed 👎

I can do 8, 9, or 10pm. Im up for a fun run at the weekend if nobody has the time to assume the position of organiser.

I hope this championship doesnt die :( Although its better it did now than getting a couple of races in and then having to disband.

I would take on the mantle of championship organiser myself but I sometimes have to work sundays, and until 7pm at that. Doesnt leave me much time to get home and settled before trying to get everyone online. If we made the race time a constant 9pm then that wouldnt be much of a bother I guess.....

Actually feck it. I'm going to start a new thread to get the ball rolling. No one else has taken the initiative and I want to race!!

I'll try and contact everyone on PSN who has expressed interest to confirm their participation. After that I'll post up the new championship thread when I know its above board 👍

9pm GMT will be good for me!:)

The list in the OP of this thead details the 12 people confirmed to race Sharky. I'll be sending reminders to everyone so there's a possibility you wont be able to join.

However... I will place you on the reserve list along with octane junky, and if you make yourself available on PSN, (roughly 30minutes ahead of the start time), there IS a possibility you'll be able to race. Hope this helps 👍

Reminders sent by private message to 12 confirmed participants stated in opening post. Please log in to reply via pm and verify interest in championship.

Thankyou

.​

Well, if i'm competing in the URS, then I can't race here as well, it's taking up a space that could go to those who didn't make the cut for URS. I'm out.

Well, if i'm competing in the URS, then I can't race here as well, it's taking up a space that could go to those who didn't make the cut for URS. I'm out.

Thank you for letting us know Peter 👍 Your seat will be offered to octane as number one reserve.

Reminders sent by private message to 12 confirmed participants stated in opening post. Please log in to reply via pm and verify interest in championship.

Thankyou

EDIT: Championship thread now open. At time of writing 10 out of 12 participants are confirmed. Racing will go ahead with at least 10 racers, filling final two positions if neccesary for the second and subsequent races​

Last edited:
Back