Formula One Eni Magyar Nagydij 2011

One of my favorite F1 tracks! Should be a good weekend, anyone know what the weather might do?

and thank GOD F1 is back on SPEED for the remainder of the year. At least now I can watch it live, even if I have to wake up @ 0530 in the morning hahaha

Yeah, Hungary is pretty stable this time of year. I think 2006 was the only Hungarian Grand Prix to see rain during the race.

Yeah, Hungary is pretty stable this time of year. I think 2006 was the only Hungarian Grand Prix to see rain during the race.

Indeed it was. I learned of the lack of rain in a single Hungarian GP from a loading screen in F1 2006 PSP.

Timo Glock will win comfortably.

Oh, wait, I'm supposed to make predictions not based on the theory of everyone else retiring? Then Vettel wins with Alonso trailing. Button will finish this one and finish out the podium. Massa and Hamilton will tango (or is that tangle?) again, with Massa beating out Hamilton by no more than a car length.

...How about just no crazy predictions in general...we've seen more recently that anything can happen now and things aren't going to just easily go back to normal. Ferrari and McLaren as well as Webber are surging and going to charge at Vettle. They no longer seem to be going race to race mad at their cars and just hoping they can keep up, now that actually seem more driven to catch and beat Vettle. There is hope now and I think that is what is also helping push the others to beat him.

...How about just no crazy predictions in general...we've seen more recently that anything can happen now and things aren't going to just easily go back to normal. Ferrari and McLaren as well as Webber are surging and going to charge at Vettle. They no longer seem to be going race to race mad at their cars and just hoping they can keep up, now that actually seem more driven to catch and beat Vettle. There is hope now and I think that is what is also helping push the others to beat him.

Remember, it's Vettel, not Vettell!

Or Vettle. I think things will go back to the norm this weekend.

I wish.

Would it not be great if he won his 1st race while in a virgin!

Sorry for the double post of the same thing. Does anyone know how to delete a post?

You can't. You need to ask a mod to do it for you.

Fixed.

I predict Alonso to win, if no one else has, and Kobayashi to come a close second.

Schumacher third, after everyone else has been disqualified.

and thank GOD F1 is back on SPEED for the remainder of the year. At least now I can watch it live, even if I have to wake up @ 0530 in the morning hahaha

Also you get to listen to the "nice commentators".

I hope it turns out good for Webber and Vettle failing to make it into the points.
This season needs to be tight.

Remember, it's Vettel, not Vettell!

This. I'm annoyed by this every time I hear it and the worst of them all is this young commentator on BBC. Besides, his way of pronouncing all the normal English words is WAY beyond annoying, it is as if he would try too hard to sound too English, I could....that guy. Where is this annoying dude from?

This. I'm annoyed by this every time I hear it and the worst of them all is this young commentator on BBC. Besides, his way of pronouncing all the normal English words is WAY beyond annoying, it is as if he would try too hard to sound too English, I could....that guy. Where is this annoying dude from?

I think you mean David Coulthard. He is scottish.

The other BBC commentator is Martin Brundle, and to me he sounds fine.

But, I think I am not the only one who would like Murray Walker back.

And Practice 1 has started!

Hulkenberg in for Sutil, and Senna replacing Heidfeld, although I believe this is only for FP1.

Last edited:
Here is something coming straight from Martin Brundle's Twitter:

"BBC/Sky/F1 2012+. Found out last night, no idea how it will work yet I'm out of contract, will calmly work through options Not impressed"

I agree.

Young? Coulthard? :lol:
He's Scottish..of course he can't speak English properly!

Young? Coulthard? :lol:
He's Scottish..of course he can't speak English properly!

He's only 40, so not tooooooooooo old.

I am watching the Speed Live Stream, and I have decided that I HATE the Blown Diffusers. So annoying.

FP1

1 - Hamilton
2 - Vettel
3 - Alonso

4 - Webber
5 - Button
6 - Massa

7- Rosberg
8- Schumacher

You guys see a pattern here? I sure do. And my guess is ... again, the 3 top teams are close 👍

For someone who hasn't been in a open wheel car in over a year, Bruno looked very good. and that Renault looks really twitchy

It was in the R30, but still it was funny to see him do it with a phone in the other hand.

Wanted to see Bruno in the R31 but we don't get practice coverage.

Looking back on the last race, I think Vettel is going to be racing "safe" going forward. Its a case of point gap preservation over point gap extension so I don't expect exciting racing from him. That being said, the rest of the top drivers have nothing to lose so it should be an exciting drive from them.

Alonso just did some muscle flexing now ... 1.21.2xx, almost one full second ahead of second. Let's see how the others respond ...

I think you mean David Coulthard. He is scottish.

The other BBC commentator is Martin Brundle, and to me he sounds fine.

But, I think I am not the only one who would like Murray Walker back.

And Practice 1 has started!

Hulkenberg in for Sutil, and Senna replacing Heidfeld, although I believe this is only for FP1.

Oh, well, that must be him but he sounds so young, I could swear he is like 23 or so, anyway, now I know that I hate Scottish accent-with a passion.
(I mean it's like he's really pronouncing EVERY word differently -.-')

Back