Fort Zancudo Raid Idea

• Thread starter Dan
  • 35 comments

Would you be interested in participating?

• Yes

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

Dan

Premium
United States
United States
I really want to organize another massive raid like the one at LSIA and Vespucci Beach last year for the PS3 only. I had an idea for it to be at Fort Zancudo this time, so we'll have to deal with harder resistance than police helicopters and SUVs with N.O.o.S.E members hanging off the side.

My idea was to split the players into several teams all coordinated to attack the base. Some of these teams can be eliminated in order to assign players to more important roles:

Insurgent team:
Two players in an Insurgent Pickup drive around and try to cause as much mayhem as possible. The event commander should probably be in one of these, since these are extremely safe.
Risks: Being unaware of how many hits the vehicle can take before exploding and getting teamkilled.

Armored Kuruma team:

Three Armored Kurumas drive around the base at top speed, perform stunts to confuse the soldiers, and prevent any jets from taking off (One shot at the jet will make the pilot jump out and run away).
Risks: Getting blown up by Rhinos or being teamkilled.

Hydra team:
Two players in Hydras attack any AI-controlled aircraft and provide close air support (CAS).
Risks: Getting shot down, crashing into light poles, accidentally teamkilling, or being mistaken for an AI Lazer.

Sniper/Rocket/Minigun team:
Several players take cover on top of the hangars and will shoot down any AI-controlled aircraft.
Risks: Being killed by soldiers climbing to the roof.

Rhino team:
Two Rhinos, which will be airlifted into the base via Cargobob, will be tasked with destroying AI Rhinos and shooting down police Mavericks in the event that they spawn.
Risks: Getting blown up by AI Rhinos, being mistaken for AI Rhinos and subsequently being teamkilled, accidentally teamkilling other players.

Valkyrie team:
Four players will fly in a Valkyrie and perform CAS runs. One of these players may double as the Cargobob pilot.
Risks: Being shot down by AI Lazers/team members, copilot accidentally teamkilling with the explosive cannon, hitting a light pole.

Savage team:
If chosen, this will replace the Valkyrie team. The Savage team will perform CAS runs. The copilot seat doesn't allow the player to use rockets, so only one person would be needed to fly it and the other players could fly their own Savages or be assigned a different role.
Risks: Being shot down, accidentally teamkilling, hitting light poles.

Cargobob:
One player is assigned the role of Cargobob pilot to drop in any ground vehicles, except the Insurgents which can not be lifted. The Cargobob pilot will be performing high speed, low altitude drops, cutting across narrow portions of the base to minimize the time they will be spending in hostile air. These areas include the western end of the runway and the eastern parking lot. Once a player has been dropped, the Cargobob should fly out of the base as quickly as possible, then dip below the fence line to avoid being shot down.
Risks: Getting shot down, slamming into a fence when attempting an airdrop, hitting a light pole.

We would ideally meet at the Sandy Shores Airfield before the raid. There, we would organize ourselves, check our headsets to make sure they work, take care of any last-minute things like stocking up on food and body armor, and take a group photo or two.

Ground vehicles should enter the base from the North along the Great Ocean Highway pictured here:
image.jpg

Entering from Mount Josiah is a bad idea, since Rhinos always patrol the road in this area:
image.jpg

In the event a team member (Ex: The gunner on an Insurgent pickup) is killed and a vehicle needs to pick them up, the driver should take the ramp at the western end of the runway (pictured below) and jump out of the base to pick up the other player. Then, they should re-enter from the Great Ocean Highway.
image.jpg

This is only an idea and I'm not very good at organizing big things like this, so I would need some people to help me out first. I'm sorry the pictures were taken at night, but I had to take them quickly. I'll try to replace them at another time, but that will have to be after this week as I'm very busy. Additionally, I don't know how many GTP'ers still play GTA V on their PS3s, too.

The Valkyrie is a lot stronger than the Savage. Durability is key in a place like this. Also, there isn't much use for the Kuruma since it's only resistant to gunfire.

Insurgents, Rhinos, and Valkyries seem like the way too go.

I'd totally be up for this, but I'd have to wait until I'm back from uni which might not be until July... :(

Does no one know about the small hill that you can use on the eastern side of the base that you can jump the fence from the south and get into the perimeter road/fence surrounding the base? By being in that perimeter road, you don't get a wanted level so you can have people queue up there before assaulting the base.

Last edited:
Does no one know about the small hill that you can use on the eastern side of the base that you can jump the fence from the south and get into the perimeter road/fence surrounding the base? By being in that perimeter road, you don't get a wanted level so you can have people queue up there before assaulting the base.

I know there's several locations and there was a good video detailing the locations, but I can't find it now.

Really interested in this. :)👍

I've got a Rhino, Heavy Sniper, Rocket Launcher and an Insurgent SUV (Might leave it around for the Infantry team, in case they don't have a safe way of transportation)

Any suggestion on the clothing? like a Military themed or just like our characters are?

I would LOVE to do this. :D I'm level 120 so I have all the guns needed and also have the Hydra, Savage, both Insurgents, the Armoured Karuma, a Rhino and a Cargobob if they are needed. I'd love for this to be a thing we could do maybe once every 2 weeks or something. Sounds like alot of fun. 👍

It's near the gate.
0_0.jpg

That's the spot I'm talking about. It's on the south side of the eastern gate.

Oh now I remember that. I forgot about that one.

Any suggestion on the clothing? like a Military themed or just like our characters are?

I think if we did had a Kuruma team, each car should have a specific color (Red, Blue, Green for example), then the driver should wear some dark clothing (Leather jacket, black sweatshirt, etc), another article of clothing close to the color of their car, and a mask that also corresponds with the car.

As for the Hydra team, pilots should probably wear the black flight suits. Helicopter pilots should wear the green flight suit, minus the helmet, since it will be replaced with a headset once they are in the vehicle. Insurgent drivers, Insurgent gunners, and helicopter gunners should probably wear some tactical gear with a bulletproof helmet. I would strongly avoid dressing similarly to the soldiers, as to not confuse team members, should you go into their line of fire while not in the protection of a vehicle.

The Last Team Standing and Heists update provided us with terrific tactical clothing options. Teams should coordinate what they will be wearing, as to not look out of place. I don't want people to pay a fortune for clothing items, but I would gladly help people get enough cash for their clothing choices when I have the time for it.

I feel like the Kuruma team wouldn't last very long.

I think they would if everyone was calling out tank positions.

That's another thing: communication. We will need the mics to be clear for most of the time so the commander and other players can call out essential info.

Necessary information:
• "AI [vehicle] spotted at [location]!"
- Example: "AI Lazer spotted at far East hangar!"

• "[Vehicle] [Vehicle/teammate number] is down!"
- Example: "Kuruma One is down!"

• [Vehicle/teammate number] is leaving the base! (In the event they need to pick up someone or when there is a coordinated escape)
- Example: "Insurgent Two is leaving the base!"

• "[Vehicle/teammate number] is returning to the base!"
- Example: "Insurgent Two is returning to the base!"

• "[Vehicle/teammate number] requesting CAS (Close air support) at [location]!"
- Example: "Rhino One requesting CAS South of control tower!"

I'm so up for this, I'm lvl 127, have all the weapons and am a decent pilot, but i only have the SUV Insurgent

I'd definitely be up for this. I'll keep an eye on this thread and let you know if I can do it once a date is arranged. And if you want to assign me a role, I'd be best as a pilot.

Abosultely sweet idea! 👍
I don't have much time to play GTA these days or I would be completely interested. Anyways, good luck and I hope you guys can pull it off!

He wasn't the first person to come up with this idea.

Any idea when something like this could be organized? What consoles?

I think a goal would be dominate them for 5/10/15/20 minutes, or until we run out of equipment/ammo/our vehicles get destroyed, or enter the flight tower.

He wasn't the first person to come up with this idea.

Any idea when something like this could be organized? What consoles?

I'm aware of that. I just wanted to start a new event because I've been bored as hell lately with this game, and I don't have the time to commit to a heist, or have a headset that works properly.

No. I'm still quite busy and I am not good at organizing things like this. I have a plan on how to attack the base, and that's pretty much it. I haven't written down the list of everyone planning on attending.

Hey guys. I'm sorry that I've been keeping you waiting forever. I haven't forgotten, I've just been busy finishing up high school. I graduated today and my gaming schedule will hopefully normalize now. I'm still unsure of what day and time would work best for everyone and I'm trying to finalize the strategy for the raid itself. It would be massively appreciated if a few people could help me on the date and time.

Back