Forum for comparing racing games

• Thread starter Akwaaba
  • 3 comments
United Kingdom
London/Malaysia/Tunisia
Waizon/v8stage1/
I just bought a PS4, and wanted to know which game to buy. Found lots of posts in individual sub-forums claiming the featured game of that sub-forum to be the best.

Couldn't find a 'balanced discussion' comparing Driveclub Vs Project Cars thread
With AC coming out, and then GTS soon(ish) and with all the other racing games, I wonder if their would be interest in a forum allowing mature discussions and comparisons between racing games. Afterall, many gamers own multiple games, and a number using more than one platform.

Any thoughts?

I think that the Console and PC Gaming thread might cover this need, but it feels to generic?

I just bought a PS4, and wanted to know which game to buy. Found lots of posts in individual sub-forums claiming the featured game of that sub-forum to be the best.

Couldn't find a 'balanced discussion' comparing Driveclub Vs Project Cars thread
With AC coming out, and then GTS soon(ish) and with all the other racing games, I wonder if their would be interest in a forum allowing mature discussions and comparisons between racing games. Afterall, many gamers own multiple games, and a number using more than one platform.

Any thoughts?

I think that the Console and PC Gaming thread might cover this need, but it feels to generic?

Console & PC Gaming section should be adequate. It's not as heavily populated as the other areas, but the people there usually are pretty knowledgeable about the various games and slightly less biased compared to individual forums. Generally I think it's best to do your own research outside GTP though. There is a lot more you can learn from proper review websites and watching gameplay videos from reputable sim racers (not wannabe casual gamers). Forum discussions can be a mess of personal opinions :lol:

Also DC is an arcade game and PCARS is a sim, so comparing those 2 isn't even possible. At the end of the day it all comes down to what YOU want from your racing game:

DC - graphics
PCARS - racing excitement/extensive career
AC - driving physics
GTS - online tournaments? car/track count?
NFS - customization
The Crew - large open world
Dirt Rally - rally sim
WRC5/Loeb Rally - rally simcade

Back