Forza 5 Can't paint BRZ wings

FastFurious77

Premium
England
England
Is it just me or why can I not paint my Subaru BRZ wings, any of them? which cars wings can I paint. I was so looking forward to having matching mirrors, side skirts and wings and rims painted in the same colour. I mean you can even do this in GTA 5. Thanks.

Is it just me or why can I not paint my Subaru BRZ wings, any of them? which cars wings can I paint. I was so looking forward to having matching mirrors, side skirts and wings and rims painted in the same colour. I mean you can even do this in GTA 5.
There's some odd glitch's in the game. The AE86 for example, you can change the base color of the car as a whole, but if you try to individually select the hood or the mirrors, the colors wont change. You can move through the swatches as if it was supposed to do something, but the color will just stay the same as the body.

However, there are some cars where you cant even select the paint option on the wing, I'm not sure why, but I'm going to guess it was just an oversight..

Tell me about it. I just tried to add a primitives vinyl shape to my wing then I change the colour of the vynl shap to try paint the wing that way. And I can't see it on my wing. I tried changing position, size and shape and I can't see nothing.

Tell me about it. I just tried to add a primitives vinyl shape to my wing then I change the colour of the vynl shap to try paint the wing that way. And I can't see it on my wing. I tried changing position, size and shape and I can't see nothing.
Yeah, there will be a handfull of cars like that, but the vast majority of cars actually have paintable wings.

Any other questions, fill free to ask 👍

I was miffed to find that I couldn't paint the bonnet of my SL65 AMG Black

The wheels on the 512 Testarossa play up too

Whats up ImaRobot, RacerPaul. Thanks for your help again solving my questions dudes. Yes I notice that my Subaru BRZ - the stock exhaust kit does not change from stock to a sport or race exhaust kit unless you change the stock rear bumper to a kit one. It should do because when I update the tyre width in real time that changes before your very eyes and so does tyre diameter. The holes in the stock bumper are big enough for the stock exhaust outlets to change to the sport or race looking ones. Or is this deliberate?

Yes I notice that my Subaru BRZ - the stock exhaust kit does not change from stock to a sport or race exhaust kit unless you change the stock rear bumper to a kit one. It should do because when I update the tyre width in real time that changes before your very eyes and so does tyre diameter. The holes in the stock bumper are big enough for the stock exhaust outlets to change to the sport or race looking ones. Or is this deliberate?
Exhaust have never changed in the Forza series when putting on performance parts. There are some cars like the 240sx that have optional rear bumpers that change the exhaust when you select one, but that is the only way.

Thats something I missed about GT.

Exhaust have never changed in the Forza series when putting on performance parts. There are some cars like the 240sx that have optional rear bumpers that change the exhaust when you select one, but that is the only way.

Thats something I missed about GT.

Ahh ok I guesse that normal then and with my BRZ. Thanks. I just spent ages adding some vynl shapes to create front, side, rear skirts and paint them blue on black. Tron style LOL. This is so cool. Matching mirrors too. Idk how the hell people are creating star trek designs and all those amazing designs. I wouldn't have a clue where to start.

There is one other question actually. Since we are on the topic of paint. I asked my friends over on the GTP ATP thread to choose a car for me to try and get as close as their ideal car. I tried tuning the forza colour palette to get my friends picture of the Jeep as close to this as possible and I failed. He wanted a burnt red orange colour. Is this even possible?

2012-jeep-grand-cherokee-_600x0w.jpg

This is the best I could do with the paint. I couldn't find ANY 6 Spoke deep dish with holes in their rims in Forza. I had to make do with 5 spoke deep dish. There were 6 Spoke but they weren't deep dish with any holes.

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

Last edited:
Ahh ok I guesse that normal then and with my BRZ. Thanks. I just spent ages painting all front, side, rear skirts blue on black. Tron style LOL. This is so cool. Matching mirrors too. Idk how the hell people are creating star trek designs and all those amazing designs. I wouldn't have a clue where to start.
There is some serious talent out there when it comes to making livery's and just works of art in general. I myself have a hard time matching lines :lol:

EDIT: to answer your second question, yes that is very possible to make in Fm5. You will have to go to the special colors section and hover over the green metalic flake paint. You can add two different Hue's here. first color you press X to change, second you press Y to change. What I'd guess is that make X a dark red, and then make Y a lighter red. The primary color might even have a hint of Puprle/red to it(unless thats just the reflecting mountains making that color). You'll just have to fool around with it.

The secondary color is the flake color I believe.

Last edited:
Ahh ok I guesse that normal then and with my BRZ. Thanks. I just spent ages adding some vynl shapes to create front, side, rear skirts and paint them blue on black. Tron style LOL. This is so cool. Matching mirrors too. Idk how the hell people are creating star trek designs and all those amazing designs. I wouldn't have a clue where to start.

There is one other question actually. Since we are on the topic of paint. I asked my friends over on the GTP ATP thread to choose a car for me to try and get as close as their ideal car. I tried tuning the forza colour palette to get my friends picture of the Jeep as close to this as possible and I failed. He wanted a burnt red orange colour. Is this even possible?

2012-jeep-grand-cherokee-_600x0w.jpg

This is the best I could do with the paint. I couldn't find ANY 6 Spoke deep dish with holes in their rims in Forza. I had to make do with 5 spoke deep dish. There were 6 Spoke but they weren't deep dish with any holes.

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx
Try this color on the metal flake special paint 0.97L, 1.00R 0.49R base 0.06R, 0.94L, 0.69R flake color. EDIT: after looking at it the flake may be better as more of a red so also try 0.03L, 0.94L, 0.69R for it and see which one you like better.

This is how that looks in horizon 2:

Attachments

• GetPhoto.jpg
    GetPhoto.jpg
    396.6 KB · Views: 298
Try this color on the metal flake special paint 0.97L, 1.00R 0.49R base 0.06R, 0.94L, 0.69R flake color. EDIT: after looking at it the flake may be better as more of a red so also try 0.03L, 0.94L, 0.69R for it and see which one you like better.

This is how that looks in horizon 2:

Hey Frizbe WOW that looks awesome, amazing colour!. And WOW Forza Horizon 2 actually has a 2012 model Cherokee. Forza 5 only get the 2009 model. Thank you very much for helping me. IS there a forum where we can show our painted cars for Forza 5 or Forza Horizon 2 on GTPlanet?

This is how the 0.97L, 1.00R 0.49R base 0.06R, 0.94L, 0.69R flake color turns out. I was on Long Beach 2nd track, with saturation 0 aperture, 59 exposure, contrast 58, colour 75, brightness 40 sepia 0 and vignette 32. I know the camera settings make all the difference which I why I posted the settings. I don't know which effect to use. I just usually custom them to how I like it in ForzaVista for my cars. In Forza Vista I usually have 60 colour, 70 -79 ish for exposure, 50 brightness and 55 contrast, 0 aperture and 0 - 100% Focus. I'll try the flake being more red with those 0.03L, 0.94L, 0.69R numbers. I'll post a pic soon.

0.97L, 1.00R 0.49R base 0.06R, 0.94L, 0.69R flake color

GetPhoto.ashx

0.03L, 0.94L, 0.69R flake colour

GetPhoto.ashx

getphoto-jpg.322107

Last edited:
Kind of of you go to the Forza Horizon 2 section there is a paint shop there but not much traffic, if you have stuff to show off though that's where I would put it.
I also have this for colors like what I did for you https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/forza-manufactures-color-chart.277933/

I was going to be getting Forza Horizon 2 soon. But I've had issues with Microsoft billing website accepting my credit card since last Tuesday. I got my Xbox One last Monday. So at the moment I can't get Forza Horizon 2 because I can't purchase Xbox Live Gold membership :(

Do you think this is more accurate. Maybe on Forza 5 the fred needs to be darker still or the colour palette isn't as accurate Forza 2 being a newer game and all.

GetPhoto.ashx

getphoto-jpg.322107

I'm sure Forza Horizon 2 generates better colours than Forza 5. I just can't seem to hit the right colour. But it's close where you have gotten me is probably the closest we'll get in 5.

Last edited:
Its not that Horizon generates colors better, its the lighting actually. Forza Motorsport has Fixed lighting, while Horizon has dynamic. So most of the time its going to look different. Also, with your color setting so high while in photomode, your aren't really looking at the intended color as its going to blow that out of proportion. Same with the contrast, I try to keep the contrast relative to the brightness, give or take a few points

As for the paint, I think you got pretty darn close on that last attempt.

Thanks ImaRobot. Couldn't have doen it without Frizbe helping me. Yeah your probably right, its probably is the dynamic lighting and weather cyles effects that change it. Other then that it's probably the same. Dang i should have known FH2 has dynamic lighting and weather. I do keep my contrast 55 and brightness 50. Everything else I turn down except for focus and on my panasonic gt50 plasma tv I turn up the exposure and put aperture to 1 or 0 for widest FOV. No sepia or vignette but i might turn up the colour just a few notches from default.

Last edited:
Thanks ImaRobot. Couldn't have doen it without Frizbe helping me. Yeah your probably right, its probably is the dynamic lighting and weather cyles effects that change it. Other then that it's probably the same. Dang i should have known FH2 has dynamic lighting and weather. I do keep my contrast 55 and brightness 50. Everything else I turn down except for focus and on my panasonic gt50 plasma tv I turn up the exposure and put aperture to 1 or 0 for widest FOV. No sepia or vignette but i might turn up the colour just a few notches from default.
I was trying to find that thread that he had linked, but I forgot that it was in the FH2 sub forum.

Aperture changes the Depth of Field, not necessairly the FOV, but with it at 1 its not changing much anyways. Subsequently, with such a low aperture focus will have no use. Still, you cant use the same settings for every situation, the sunlight is harsher on some tracks.

Guys what you think of this?

1969 Pontiac Fire Bird Trans Am

(1 of 9 Ram Air IV / Automatics built in 69 )

Before:

Factory Rally White/Blue stripes Paint

Engine 6.6 L 345 BHP V8 400CU 430 LB-FT

Stock Weight 3,306 LBS

Wheels Stock Rally II 14" Front and Rear on Goodyear 215 / 70 / R14.

GetPhoto.ashx

After:

Paint Custom Painted Orange Flaming Fire and Black body, Orange Wing

Engine 5.9 L V8 Racing Engine 994 BHP 783 LB-FT

Race Weight Reduction 2,999 LBS

Wheels Specialized Rim Style Bonneville Series 391

Front 275 / 35 / R18" Race compound

Rear 345 / 25 / R19" Race compound

Race Suspension, Race differential, Race driveline, Race clutch, Race Transmission, Race brakes, Race springs and dampers, Race front/rear anti roll bars, Race chassis reinforcement and roll cage, Race weight reduction.

Drivetrain Swap RWD - AWD

Performance Benchmark

0 - 60 MPH 2.006 S

0 - 100 MPH 4.696 S

Top Speed 236.5 MPH

60 MPH - 0 1.2.4 FT

100 MPH - 0 267.4 FT

60 MPH 1.23 Later G's

120 MPH 1.14 G's

Front Left Side view

GetPhoto.ashx

Front Right Side view

GetPhoto.ashx

Right Side view

GetPhoto.ashx

Left Side view

GetPhoto.ashx

Rear Right High Side view

GetPhoto.ashx

Rear Left High Side view

GetPhoto.ashx

Rear Right Low Side view

GetPhoto.ashx

Rear Left Low Side view

GetPhoto.ashx

Rear Wing

GetPhoto.ashx

Front view

GetPhoto.ashx

Pontiac Badge (close up)

GetPhoto.ashx

Front left Wheel

GetPhoto.ashx

Front left Wheel (top angle)

GetPhoto.ashx

Rear Left Wheel

GetPhoto.ashx

Rear Left Wheel (top angle)

GetPhoto.ashx

Interior view (close up)

GetPhoto.ashx

Hey guys what do you make of this?

I usually keep away from Vinyl's just because I prefer a pure color. You at least kept to a theme, though, and orange is my favorite color. Have you tried making the rims either flat black, or a flat gunmetal grey? I think that would look nice, even though they are a bit oversized.

In those rim shots, you can tell from the exposure you used that its making it way to vibrant, thats why I usually stick to lower exposure. Still though, even with the exposure that high you still managed to do good to keep the overexposed parts of the room out of the picture, and that can make all the difference.

can anyone get into their xbox live accounts without errors, can you get to any support links without run time errors?
Yeah, I can get into any of those websites with no problem. Thats why it was striking me as odd.

Maybe its related to your Region? Have you asked anyone else in your country if they are having the same problems?

I asked RacerPaul. I'm not sure if my GT6 friends might have xbox one. It's been going on for a long time. This tuesday coming it will be two weeks I've had my Xbox One. Every support link just bring up errors. It wasn't so bad last tuesday and wednesday I could at least get to my account and contact us and billing links but now i can't even get to to Contact Us link to chat to an agent. It just brings up errors. So I made a twitter account today in the hopes that xbox support on there would contact me for some help. I'm really upset now that I can't purchase Xbox Live so I can purchase dlc for Forza 5, play online or play Forza Horizon 2 online. :(

I asked RacerPaul. I'm not sure if my GT6 friends might have xbox one. It's been going on for a long time. This tuesday coming it will be two weeks I've had my Xbox One. Every support link just bring up errors. It wasn't so bad last tuesday and wednesday I could at least get to my account and contact us and billing links but now i can't even get to to Contact Us link to chat to an agent. It just brings up errors. So I made a twitter account today in the hopes that xbox support on there would contact me for some help. I'm really upset now that I can't purchase Xbox Live so I can purchase dlc for Forza 5, play online or play Forza Horizon 2 online. :(
Have you tried using a computer that isnt in your household? or a different ISP all together?

Have you tried using a computer that isnt in your household? or a different ISP all together?

No I haven't. That's an idea but i don't really know anyone who has a PC outside of my house that I could use. And work doesn't have one either. I could try it on one on my familys android tablets or smartphones maybe.

Back