Forza 5 Is A Major Dissapointment, Will DLC Save It?

• Thread starter Macrinus
  • 825 comments
Do you play online? I am thinking excessive online with the dedicated servers is doing this somehow. Once I uninstall the game and re install it I am hoping that fixed the problem. Otherwise this game is not going to be played much anymore.
No, I don't play online with my X1, only some PC racing online.

No, I don't play online with my X1, only some PC racing online.
Then that might confirm my theory about it being the online dedicated servers for certain people. Because this issue only seems to happen while in private lobbies with the AI. It would explain why some people never have issues and others have the issue all the time. Most of my time with F4 and F5 is online. So those that play offline or only in the single player, will probably never have this issue. ;)

I play F5 online a lot (3 championships finished, one rolling), but never alone in a private lobby with just AI.
a private lobby with 5-6 human players and some AI, yes. and this has never happened to me.

can you check if it happens to youif in a private lobby but with at least some more humans?

(also, known stuff, but did you setup your router etc)

Then that might confirm my theory about it being the online dedicated servers for certain people. Because this issue only seems to happen while in private lobbies with the AI. It would explain why some people never have issues and others have the issue all the time. Most of my time with F4 and F5 is online. So those that play offline or only in the single player, will probably never have this issue. ;)

Could be why I don't have that issue, I rarely race online in FM5.

I play F5 online a lot (3 championships finished, one rolling), but never alone in a private lobby with just AI.
a private lobby with 5-6 human players and some AI, yes. and this has never happened to me.

can you check if it happens to youif in a private lobby but with at least some more humans?

(also, known stuff, but did you setup your router etc)
I am guessing it is probably something to do with races online against the AI.

I deleted F5 and re-installed it and so far I haven not had any issues. I will know more over the weekend after I stress test it. As for the router I have never messed with that at all. Never had a single issue with it ever. Again, F5 is the only game I have audio bugs with so far.

Could be why I don't have that issue, I rarely race online in FM5.
Yup. My guess is that the only people that will have this issue are the ones that race online with the AI. I will see what happens now that the game is re-installed.

Yup. My guess is that the only people that will have this issue are the ones that race online with the AI. I will see what happens now that the game is re-installed.
I get it a lot and I only play single-player. Curious to see if reinstalling helped.

Never encountered that glitch before...

The only glitch I've found online is this weird thing that happen the other night where these other cars were driving past me and the game said I finished 3rd for some reason.....haha

That is wierd!
Hey, wasn't this sound bug present in FM3 and 4 as well? Though I remember it being quite random and not that commonly audible.
Yes something like this was present once in a while on certain F4 maps but nowhere near as bad as F5.

REMEMEBER this is only happening during private online races during the AI with friends.

Even after the re-install I am still having the audio bug!! 🤬:banghead::mad:

Since this is constant random problem, I decided to make a new thread so maybe with some trial and error we can resolve the issue. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/forza-5-audio-crackling-bug-in-private-online-lobbies.316099/

Well, I think you can live with this now, since it only happens online. Goes to show the servers need a tune up. Nothing wrong with the game.
You should probably view the other thread. It doesn't just happen online. Others are confirming it happens offline too.

Plus I spend over 95% of my gaming online so yes this is a huge problem for me.

Sucks man.. maybe MS and/or T10 will release a patch to fix this.

Why don't you get in touch with them on the official forum? *forzamotorsport.net*

Back