Forza 5/6 vs GT6 (See First Post Before Posting)

• Thread starter espeed623
  • 1,727 comments
Taken from a post at Forza forum linked by shadynader :

I have noticed the frame skipping / brief pause randomly here as well (like a horizontal shift of about 1-2cm on a 55-inch TV) and yes, makes it very hard to recover when it happens entering into or during corners.

On the Bathurst track, I have noticed the frame skipping / pause seems to occur only in the areas on the track where the animated helicopters are flying above and when their sound effects are audible. On Bathurst, it might be because of the helicopter animations and / or their sound effects causing a problem. Hopefully it gets sorted out.

After switching my Xbox One audio from Stereo Uncompressed to DTS Digital Audio via the Xbox One settings menu, the frame skipping has improved greatly on Bathurst but it still randomly occurs in the helicopter areas, just less often and less severely (I thought it was completely solved until I played again last night and the problem started again, only less severely). Switching that audio setting improved the Forza 5 audio issues I was experiencing as well. Sometimes, I was getting the stutter at the same time audio problems were occurring in the game. Someone else reported that they solved Forza 5 audio problems by disabling in-game music as well. Definitely worth trying that to see if it improves the graphics stutter issue

Anyone who have similar issue can try his suggestions :cheers:

Do you need a really large TV to see the stutter?

From that post, the impact is more on the driving aspect, and there is audio issue as well that often showed with the stutter. I haven't played FM5 yet, just quoting a post from Forza forum. IMO, screen size do not make any difference, the stutter will happen, visible or not is another case, but the input issue will be there and unavoidable.

IMO, screen size do not make any difference, the stutter will happen, visible or not is another case, but the input issue will be there and unavoidable.
If you can't see the stutter it sounds like it'd be very hard to tell wheter it was happening. It would be interesting to find out wheter anyone here who is already playing the game has noticed input lag issues.

Whats up with the horrible car models in forza 5? alot of them don't even look like the counterparts and certainly no where near GT5 premium models, The S15 for instance.... is just sad, It's like they did not even try, again.. front is wrong, lights are horribly wrong, body is wrong, hood is short, front bumper is short, ..It does not even look like an S15, same goes for other Japanese sports cars, i thought they said built from the ground up? because that is definitely the hideous model from Forza 1 days, it was hideous then and it's still hideous now.

i am spoiled by the perfect S15 model in GT, i'm sorry.

also in that above comparison video, i'd like to see a redo on GT6 with overcast weather from the new clouds, and final lighting tweaks shown in the matterhorn video, i'm sure that would be a great showdown of visuals.

a sunny day at silverstone..looks abit weird.

Whats up with the horrible car models in forza 5? alot of them don't even look like the counterparts and certainly no where near GT5 premium models, The S15 for instance.... is just sad, It's like they did not even try, again.. front is wrong, lights are horribly wrong, body is wrong, hood is short, front bumper is short, ..It does not even look like an S15, same goes for other Japanese sports cars, i thought they said built from the ground up? because that is definitely the hideous model from Forza 1 days, it was hideous then and it's still hideous now.

also in that above comparison video, i'd like to see a redo on GT6 with overcast weather from the new clouds, and final lighting tweaks shown in the matterhorn video, i'm sure that would be a great showdown of visuals.

a sunny day at silverstone..looks abit weird.

Have you played the game ? Check the Skyline R34 GTR, NSX, Trueno, Supra and let me know what you think :)

Have you played the game ? Check the Skyline R34 GTR, NSX, Trueno, Supra and let me know what you think :)
Yes i have played, Forza 5, i know bad car models when i see them, but the ones you mentioned, have been "Redone" The S15 and integra DC2 Type R for instance however....

And i know ports, i'm very accustomed to the S15 from Forza 1, having used it so much through out the career, i remember that thing like it was yesterday, and that model...God i hate that model, it's so wrong for such a beautiful car.. i'm glad they have redone the others, Especially the Supra. but the S15, that irks me.

Nissan_s15.jpg

GT5 Premium

gt5-photo.jpg

Forza 5

Forza 4 model

305.jpg

Which is the Forza 5 model, but with more polish.

Looks awkward as hell.

Last edited:
I'm honestly not seeing what you are with S15.

Same here. People also complained about models being off in FM4 and Horizon, but I just never pay attention to or notice those sort of things.

Yes, are you?

I see the absence of fog lights. What am I missing?
Ok, i am done, i'm not going to drag this on, if you can't see it, you can't see it.

What I also notice is that the GT5 S15 doesnt have the windshield sprayers. what a hideous model.

Carbon hood upgrade removes the windshield washers and badge.

Yes, the GT5 model is off, but it is closer to the real S15. Especially with the headlights and front end in general, which is the point i'm trying to make.

Try to make a comparison and people get all defensive, this is a VS thread afterall, calm down.

Forza 5:

I'm making a point.
Judging by the lack of fog lights, wider openings, and sharper lower lip, I'd say it's modeled on this:
3192_2.jpg

I'm not knowledgeable enough on them to know the extent of differences on each model, but from what I found there are S15s with different aero packages.

Judging by the lack of fog lights, wider openings, and sharper lower lip, I'd say it's modeled on this:

*PIC*

I'm not knowledgeable enough on them to know the extent of differences on each model, but from what I found there are S15s with different aero packages.
i am not talking about the foglights, i am talking about the Headlights and overall shape of the front end.

Yes, the GT5 model is off, but it is closer to the real S15. Especially with the headlights and front end in general, which is the point i'm trying to make.

Try to make a comparison and people get all defensive, this is a VS thread afterall, calm down.
It doesnt matter which is closer, they are both wrong. To be honest the lights from both look to similar to say one is better then the other.

Whats funny, is that I made a comparison too, saying both games are wrong, and you defend GT, and then tell me to calm down
Wat8.jpg

EDIT: also, now that you brought it to my attention, it looks like the S15 lights from GT5 are bordering on the s14 kouki look. The outsides of the light look to sharp, should be more rounded.

Last edited:
It doesnt matter which is closer, they are both wrong. To be honest the lights from both look to similar to say one is better then the other.

Whats funny, is that I made a comparison to saying both games are wrong, and you defend GT, and then tell me to calm down
*meme*
I am saying the GT Silvia is closer in the way that it's headlights are slimmer, longer and more closely modeled to the actual car, and how the front looks more like the real car. That's my point. How long are you planning on dragging this out? i said i was done.

I am saying the GT Silvia is closer in the way that it's headlights are slimmer, longer and more closely modeled to the actual car, and how the front looks more like the real car. That's my point. How long are you planning on dragging this out? i said i was done.
I'm not. You can stop replying anytime you want. In addition to the lights being to sharp on the outside, I also notice that the GT5 lights dont have the curve, and seem to flow more straight then rounded, in the middle of the light.

Thanks for bringing this up, I would have never noticed otherwise 👍

It would maybe help if the perspective in all the photos you posted where the same

No, you're saying GT5's version is perfect. And I quote...

If you want us to take you seriously, don't come in here and spot off about all the horrendous FM5 models.

Wasn't the verb "perfect" used to describe GT5's model beforehand?

Admittedly I find these things interesting since one person will notice something another won't (such as the Z06 being too wide and the front end being just... wrong) but for the S15 I'm just not seeing anything other than the absence of the fog lamps.

Dammit, HAL. :lol:

Not the same bumper in the real S15 but the angles are close enought to compare the rest of the car accuracy between games.

compq7j6t.jpg

All I can really see is that both FM5 and GT5 should have more of an indent on top of the headlights, and the "pocket" in the bumper that tucks under the leading edge of the hood isn't pronounced enough. The fenders are too difficult to tell from the head-on game shots (red paint) because the camera is in a different place from the real photo as Fezz_ST said.

I know this is neither FM5 nor GT6 but I've always thought model accuracy was one of Enthusia's strong suits and the S15 in EPR seems to have the details I mentioned above (compare the bumper/hood pocket to the silver car Minty posted, rather than the white one Zer0 posted):

s15_epr.jpg

All I can really see is that both FM5 and GT5 should have more of an indent on top of the headlights, and the "pocket" in the bumper that tucks under the leading edge of the hood isn't pronounced enough. The fenders are too difficult to tell from the head-on game shots (red paint) because the camera is in a different place from the real photo as Fezz_ST said.

I know this is neither FM5 nor GT6 but I've always thought model accuracy was one of Enthusia's strong suits and the S15 in EPR seems to have the details I mentioned above (compare the bumper/hood pocket to the silver car Minty posted, rather than the white one Zer0 posted):

View attachment 84707
Dang man, i forgot all about the accuracy on enthusia, And yea, i admit i went abit too far on that "Perfect" statement.

i'm also still impressed at how good enthusia still looks in the picture, Bullshot or not.

Back