Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel
Thrustmaster T300RS
Thrustmaster T500 RS Gaming Wheel
Logitech G920 Xbox One Wheel
Thrustmaster T150
Thrustmaster TX Xbox One Wheel
Thrustmaster TMX Xbox One Wheel
Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Racing Wheel

Note that there are additional wheels that we plan on bringing on board soon, notably Fanatec products such as the ClubSport V2 Xbox One Hub and the Fanatec CSR models. Support for these Fanatec wheels will be arriving in Apex beginning in late September, with updates for both Windows 10 and Apex. In addition, H-pattern shifters are fully supported in Apex for all Logitech wheels listed above, except for the G29, which will be added at a later date. We will be adding additional support for H-pattern shifters from other manufacturers in the future.

Source: News.xbox.com

I did a quick test with the Thrustmaster T500 RS. It's working fine, but I would like too have it little bit lighter and I didn't find settings for sensitivity. Also the TH8A Shifter did not work. :(

Oh cool. I'll give it a go. I suspect I'll be able to get my Fanatec CSR working one way or another. PS3 mode emulates a G27 if I recall correctly.

I did a quick test with the Thrustmaster T500 RS. It's working fine, but I would like too have it little bit lighter and I didn't find settings for sensitivity. Also the TH8A Shifter did not work. :(
You could lower overall gain in drivers as a work around.

The advanced graphics options are very hidden, so I'm hoping the wheel options are likewise in game but hidden. Hopefully we will know soon.

I can't download the game. I keep getting a 'Try that again' error in the Windows store. :(

Bloody Windows, man. When you don't want it to update, it does. When you want it to update, it doesn't.

I've got my CSR working with the Logitech drivers. It wasn't working in game, but it turns out that Apex wasn't updating to the release version without the Windows Anniversary update. Downloading that now, and I'm optimistic that it'll work once I get done.

Sorry if this is useless information, but I figured maybe other people would be like me and not realise that they didn't have the Anniversary update. ;)

The FFB actually feels pretty good on my G29.
This is my 1st race in the game using the wheel.

Yeah, I'm not sure if it's because I'm running a CSR pretending to be a G25, but I suspect not. It feels much like Forza FFB always has, adequate but somehow it never really feels right.

I've never felt Forza FFB until now, and my god its worst then GT FFB. And that says alot.

I've never felt Forza FFB until now, and my god its worst then GT FFB. And that says alot.

Yep. GT FFB is pretty basic, Forza FFB is basic AND somehow feels inconsistent and indirect to me.

I desperately want to start messing around with the config files because PC and I can. But MS has somehow managed to lock me out of the files on my own computer. This I do not like. I can mod them with a Linux live disc if I have to, but it seems like a pain to have to boot into another OS everytime I want to try something new.

Yep. GT FFB is pretty basic, Forza FFB is basic AND somehow feels inconsistent and indirect to me.

I desperately want to start messing around with the config files because PC and I can. But MS has somehow managed to lock me out of the files on my own computer. This I do not like. I can mod them with a Linux live disc if I have to, but it seems like a pain to have to boot into another OS everytime I want to try something new.

GT FFB is pretty basic but its good for consoles, Forza FFB, is just so inconsistent, wheel has unnatural wheel vibration, you feel completely not connected to the car.

Does anyone know how to change the degrees of rotation for the G27? No .exe, so I don't know how to change it.

I've got the Logitech profiler, but I didn't know how to change it for Apex as I don't know where to find the exe.

So with Apex, you have to use the lock settings as if I was using it on PS3?
Ahhh, can't you adjust the Logitech settings since there is no .exe, OK. I guess the only thing we can do for now is what I have posted above as I've just tried changing the rotation from the Profiler and it doesn't have an affect in the game.

You can't do it by adjusting the global settings? Options>Global Device Settings, and uncheck the box that allows the game to adjust settings.

You can't do it by adjusting the global settings? Options>Global Device Settings, and uncheck the box that allows the game to adjust settings.
That's what I've tried doing; the checkbox makes no difference. As it stands right now, the wheels in-game stop turning about 160ish degrees before the physical wheel locks so it seems like the game's default rotation is around 500-600 degrees.

That's what I've tried doing; the checkbox makes no difference. As it stands right now, the wheels in-game stop turning about 160ish degrees before the physical wheel locks so it seems like the game's default rotation is around 500-600 degrees.

Huh. Is that looking at the wheels or looking at the steering hud in the telemetry? I haven't looked at the wheels, but I was playing around with the telemetry the other night trying to figure out what the linearity was doing and it seemed to have full range. Although maybe I'd turned the range down already because I've got a CSR and can modify it in hardware.

Huh. Is that looking at the wheels or looking at the steering hud in the telemetry? I haven't looked at the wheels, but I was playing around with the telemetry the other night trying to figure out what the linearity was doing and it seemed to have full range. Although maybe I'd turned the range down already because I've got a CSR and can modify it in hardware.
I wasn't looking at the telemetry, just eyeballing it from the side view of the car.

I wasn't looking at the telemetry, just eyeballing it from the side view of the car.

That might explain a few things. I'd turned the linearity way up, and it seemed like it had one speed in the middle ~80% and another in the outer 20% where it hardly moved. It felt not too bad.

On the whole it's not great though. I understand how it can be difficult to get good feeling FFB, but I don't understand why they don't just map the wheel 1:1.

So apparently, there is no support for multiple input devices (bold so people notice), which pretty much renders my setup, consisting of a Fanatec PWTS and BRD Speed 7 pedals useless. But then, I expected nothing less. :grumpy:

Back