Forza Designer Shows Off Unused Cars: Porsche 917 LH, Aston Martin Vanquish Zagato and More

I could be mistaken because it's been a bit, but for some reason I thought we talked a little bit about this when we went on the Forza Monthly stream to show off the Warthog/Halo Showcase. I feel like one of us asked about about the whole licencing/putting vehicles in the game process, but I can't remember if it was in our segment or in one of the opening ones.

Is there a reluctance on your part to go too far behind the scenes in case you give away 'secrets' to your rivals? And if so, is that from a licensing perspective or how the game is created/coded? I work for a UK automotive title, and we like to keep quiet on what content we've got coming, but the process that we go through to get it will be largely similar to how our rivals work. Is that a similar story in the games world?

Is there a reluctance on your part to go too far behind the scenes in case you give away 'secrets' to your rivals? And if so, is that from a licensing perspective or how the game is created/coded? I work for a UK automotive title, and we like to keep quiet on what content we've got coming, but the process that we go through to get it will be largely similar to how our rivals work. Is that a similar story in the games world?

I don't think it's too much of the "give away to rivals factor," especially as this industry is a pretty small one, with (as you said) lots of folks doing things in similar ways anyway. And to be clear, I'm on the Halo side of things, not to Forza one, so I can't speak to their perspective directly.

Back