Forza Designer Shows Off Unused Cars: Porsche 917 LH, Aston Martin Vanquish Zagato and More

Discussion in 'Forza Motorsport 7' started by GTPNewsWire, Jul 17, 2019.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

KiroKai and Madoka Kaguya like this.
  2. Dsavage27

Dsavage27

I swear I hope they at least drop that 917LH for the final car next month, even though I would like all of those in FM7.

ongias25, im_seb30, DJTHEKING and 3 others like this.
  3. RandomCarGuy17

RandomCarGuy17

All I have to say is Turn 10, what the actual :censored: are you doing?! Why haven't you added these cars at all? What was holding you back? What you couldn't be bothered to license them?

DJTHEKING, 53Nicolas, bremics and 2 others like this.
  4. GTvsForza

GTvsForza Premium

Maybe they'll make a "Turn 10 Select" Car Pack like they did with FM6.

53Nicolas, Dsavage27 and L_Kesan like this.
  5. vinz7531

vinz7531

Oh yes 917 LH it raced much more than than the 917/20 (pink pig) that only raced once.

6. SestoScudo

SestoScudo

I hope modders unlock the assets and release them into the Xbox One version.

It would be a shame to see these cars go to waste especially the Porsche 917 LH

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    53Nicolas, Dsavage27 and L_Kesan like this.
  7. McLaren

McLaren Premium

They probably did try to license them. There’s likely more negotiating behind the scenes though than just paying a manufacturer whatever they want. Or perhaps just bc they’re modeled doesn’t mean their physics/sounds/etc have been developed.

8. GrimBrother1

GrimBrother1

Deep breath, my man lol. Trust me, no one wants that 917LH in the game more than me, but as someone who works in games, it's also important to remember that there a million reasons and more why certain things don't make it into the final product, and I can guarantee it's likely not because they just didn't feel like it or that they "couldn't be bothered." That's not the way these things work :-)

ongias25, im_seb30, BoneSawTX and 5 others like this.
  9. RandomCarGuy17

RandomCarGuy17

You're both right, there's a lot more that goes on beyond just forking over money for licensing. I'm just so angry now to find out the Langheck was modelled and finished all along only for it to possibly never be used! Fruitless efforts like this just anger me in an irrational way.

...I want to punch a hole through a wall. :(

ongias25, Nexus, L8 Apex and 3 others like this.
  10. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester

The assets physically aren't in the game, and the Xbox One's games can't be modded.

SlipZtrEm likes this.
  11. GrimBrother1

GrimBrother1

It's all good, brother. Unfortunately the nature of this kinda stuff is that there is always tons of stuff that doesn't make it in the game that had a ton of work put into it, but that's just kinda the nature of the beast. I guess you just get used to it on this end lol. But again, totally understand the overall frustration, especially with this particular car!

12. SestoScudo

SestoScudo

Actually wrong a lot of the cut content of a game is still present in the disc or in the game due to an update.

13. CarGuru

CarGuru

I really need that Zagato

im_seb30 and curtis 1-8-7 like this.
  14. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester

Nope, it isn't.

FM7 had some thumbnails of unreleased cars for a while, including some FH4 cars before they were announced, but they were wiped clean in an update. There are no actual car files whatsoever besides those that are available in the game.

15. Dsavage27

Dsavage27

I remember that. Theres was the 2016 Civic GRC, the Lexus rcf GT3, an inifini q60 concept I believe, the Porsche 917 LH, and a couple more. It's so weird that it's right there yet we dont have access to them.

16. 53Nicolas

53Nicolas

Wasn't the 917LH leaked for Forza Horizon 3?

KiroKai likes this.
  17. vinz7531

vinz7531

There,s not Many circuit race cars on horizon 3. Beside somme dlc gt's

18. Auditore

Auditore

This is probably very common,gt sport has the hidden lotus and a hidden race spec mx5 (both seen in the beta but not in the full game) there's also the whole spa licensing drama.
    Lots of peoples favorite cars might be modeled in game but hidden,very frustrating but car licensing is a pain in the as*

19. Mr Fahrenheit

Mr Fahrenheit

I'm pretty sure there was also a leaked file that referenced Genesis G90. It never really did amount to anything, but I remember bunch of Korean gamers going nuts about it.

Lexus RCF GT3 is a news to me, though.

20. Apple Slipper

Apple Slipper

Thanks for the shoutout!

I also really want that Ford Falcon FG V8 Supercar (Mark Winterbottom) to return to the Forza Motorsport games, since it was last seen in Forza Motorsport 5.

im_seb30 and 53Nicolas like this.
  21. SestoScudo

SestoScudo

I do wish modding was in consoles we could have easily data mined got these cars in the game ages ago.

Such a shame then Microsoft will ban us all for it if it happened LOL

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  22. stupidstormy36

stupidstormy36 Premium

Wish these cars were included in the car pass rather than the SUV craze we got instead. I am hoping they'll be in the last update, but not hopeful.

SestoScudo, matzel, HopAlong and 2 others like this.
  23. Madoka Kaguya

Madoka Kaguya

So Nissan Pickup Dakar Rally Car bring Forza 7 or Not?

im_seb30 likes this.
  24. GBalao888

GBalao888

I'm curious on what model year is the Nissan Pickup shown in the game.

im_seb30 likes this.
  25. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Administrator

It was literally already explained a few posts ago by @TheAdmiester that these aren't in the game files.

There's any number of reasons as to why we've never seen these cars in-game. It could be licensing -- especially with regards to the race cars -- or they never quite matched up to quality standards. Maybe physics/sounds delayed them. It could be that these were never meant for FM7 (or even FH4), but rather are early tests for the next game. Though they do appear quite advanced...

It seems like a 2004/2005. I'm having a hard time sourcing the exact truck: the wing and bed cover suggest the '03 (source), but the front grille looks off. It might be an amalgamation of a presentation vehicle's livery/number and the competition truck's drivers/front end.

26. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester

We don’t have the assets to put the car in game. Even if we could mod consoles, we can’t “activate” the cars because they don’t exist outside of the developer’s machines.

27. ShakesMcQueen

ShakesMcQueen

I think it'd be interesting if Turn 10 did a "behind the scenes stream", where they just answered questions about process stuff. Talk about how the car deals get made, what stuff is generally negotiated over, etc. (no need to name names or give money values). Explain the dev cycle for how a car goes from licensed, to in the game - including maybe some brief screen time for the unsung heroes who work on this stuff. Maybe even explain the lead time for when DLC is conceptualized, when they start work on it, and when it comes out.

I'd also love to just see them talk openly about FM7's reception, and what they think of some of the more "popular" criticisms this time around, now that the game is ending active development. Their thoughts on the criticisms around too many off-road vehicles, the general state of online play (and their thinking behind the stuff they implemented to try and 'fix" it), the dislike of the tire wall barriers, and so on. Maybe a discussion of what general lessons they took from the game's reception, and the work/outreach they did post-launch.

I think this kind of stuff would be appreciated by the core fanbase, and it would also serve to educate their expectations a bit more in the future.

28. Dsavage27

Dsavage27

Absolutely. Being that they seemed to be more open the past 6 months or so this would be welcomed and they should be completely honest with us if they were to do that. Then going forward they stick with that communication and reaching out while listening to the core fanbase.

29. GrimBrother1

GrimBrother1

I could be mistaken because it's been a bit, but for some reason I thought we talked a little bit about this when we went on the Forza Monthly stream to show off the Warthog/Halo Showcase. I feel like one of us asked about about the whole licencing/putting vehicles in the game process, but I can't remember if it was in our segment or in one of the opening ones.

30. Apple Slipper

Apple Slipper

Pretty surprised that this news isn't covered by any Forza YouTubers. They usually cover the content of various Forza-related leaks.

53Nicolas likes this.