Forza going the iRacing route (Forza Leagues)

Switzerland
Derby
CQR Myles
Without costing $1 Million
http://www.isrtv.com/forza-motorsport/forza-motorsport-6-news/
One feature of Forza Motorsport 6 that had some light shed on it at Gamescom is the new Online Leagues. Essentially, Forza is going the iRacing route, which is a good thing. “League” races will open up for a set amount of time in each time zone during the week. Racers will race and receive points based on their finishing position and temperament (iRacing uses iRating and Safety Rating). Based off these two criterias, the driver will be placed into a Driver Division and only race those in that division. Higher Driver Divisions will be able to race more advanced league races.

So if you’re clean and fast, you’ll only drive against other clean and fast drivers, not a bunch of 10 year old’s who believe the only brake is you…

All I can say is it’s about damn time someone adopted the iRacing multiplayer system because it’s WAY ahead of anything else out there. If this works as advertised, it will be the best multiplayer console racing experience out there.
I really hope they worked on Server stability and have some good car balancing, if they have this is a real winner for me

This is a really nice idea. I've often wanted to be in a league, but the organisation has always been by a player and so I haven't got into it. Now it's official by Turn 10, I actually feel inclined to do so. Will be great if you can use the livery editor to create official series numberboards.

I am also looking forward to this. Its basically a trueskill matchmaking system like Halo had since Halo 2, but in a racing game.

This will be really nice for when friends are not on to play.

Its nice and all but if the connection quality and netcode hasn't improved massively from Forza 5 it maybe be all for nothing, can't have competitive racing when a car accelerates into the air at 300MHP

Its nice and all but if the connection quality and netcode hasn't improved massively from Forza 5 it maybe be all for nothing, can't have competitive racing when a car accelerates into the air at 300MHP
Glad I haven't experienced those issues.

I really hope this works, despite my many years of playing racing Sims and my love of motorsport and racing, i am just slow. I never win a race, in fact I'm usually racing to not be last. I still have fun as long as I can keep up, when I start falling really behind over and over is when I leave a lobby. It seems like there is two types of rooms in gt6. Competitive, clean racing with guys that are just way to good and fast and I just feel embarrassed and bad rooms with a lot of garbage going on and not racing. I would love nothing more than to be matched with clean , fair people who love to race but at my same level. That would make for the ultimate game for me. Everyone should win at least sometimes.

@robbyf
I hope people that are lacking enough pace, but are really clean, can have a separate rookie division to go in. Otherwise being slow could relegate you to racing with the scum.

If I made the system I'd add a special division below the visibly lowest division for the worst drivers online. It'll be like a special swimming hole for the kids who can't control their bladders in the pool. I'd call it; Division P. And no, the P isn't for Punishment Division :)

Last edited:
It would also be nice if they had a division made only for those of us who use all or almost all driving aids. :D
I just can't race without Assisted Brakes, TCS, SCS and Automatic. (except on Tag/Playground). :dunce:

I really hope this works, despite my many years of playing racing Sims and my love of motorsport and racing, i am just slow. I never win a race, in fact I'm usually racing to not be last. I still have fun as long as I can keep up, when I start falling really behind over and over is when I leave a lobby. It seems like there is two types of rooms in gt6. Competitive, clean racing with guys that are just way to good and fast and I just feel embarrassed and bad rooms with a lot of garbage going on and not racing. I would love nothing more than to be matched with clean , fair people who love to race but at my same level. That would make for the ultimate game for me. Everyone should win at least sometimes.

Add me up on Xbox, I have the same issue. I have to look for my Xbox live id. I think it's fattyre-gtr. We can try to practice together or something. 👍

Add me up on Xbox, I have the same issue. I have to look for my Xbox live id. I think it's fattyre-gtr. We can try to practice together or something. 👍
Will do! I actually pre ordered the forza 6 xbox so as soon as I get it, I will add you! I am still playing gt6 until then. :)

Yay! I'm not the only who's slow in racing. :D You two don't mind if I add you, right? Because, well...I like being surrounded by friends. 👍

@robbyf
I hope people that are lacking enough pace, but are really clean, can have a separate rookie division to go in. Otherwise being slow could relegate you to racing with the scum.

If I made the system I'd add a special division below the visibly lowest division for the worst drivers online. It'll be like a special swimming hole for the kids who can't control their bladders in the pool. I'd call it; Division P. And no, the P isn't for Punishment Division :)

If it works exactly like iRacing does the you could be matched with similar people, basically you would have a high safety rating with a low iRating (I hesitate to call it skill because skill/=speed IMO but that's because I am right there with you guys). Actually thinking about it I really hope they licensed or straight copied the iRacing system because having a good safety record allows you into the higher tiers but don't necessarily need to have any speed at all in the cars because the fast guys will have good safety and speed ratings and be matched to each other in top splits.

Unless iRacing has adopted the snake system everywhere where it balances fast and slow people for some ridiculous reason. The way I described it was current as of my last time in iRacing which was about holy crap I didn't realize it's been almost 4 years since I was in iRacing :eek:

@robbyf

Ah, the yellow end of the pool.

While F5 does have its share of problems since it was a rushed launch X1 title, this is the first I have ever heard of this. Only issues I have ever seen with Forza is if someone has a poor connection. When that happens their cars will tend to look like they are bouncing around the track. But this ONLY happens if someone has a bad connection.

While F5 does have its share of problems since it was a rushed launch X1 title, this is the first I have ever heard of this. Only issues I have ever seen with Forza is if someone has a poor connection. When that happens their cars will tend to look like they are bouncing around the track. But this ONLY happens if someone has a bad connection.

That definitely a connection issue on that players end.

This is very good news, Is it cockpit only view as well in these leagues like iRacing?

I'd wager a guess and say there's no way in hell that it would restrict people to one view. Would you say that iRacing is putting off some people by not allowing them to race in alternate views? That is an interesting debate, because who's to say I can't get just as realistic a feel from the car from hood or nose cam as I do from cockpit?

In GT6 and most other console racing titles (which is hard to use as an example because no FOV), I can be just as fast with almost any view at this point. It's not a matter of one being better, just what you're used to. My dream view is actually one where the car's kind of just an outline where I can see everything around but use the outline in order to know the exact placement of the edges of the car.

I'd wager a guess and say there's no way in hell that it would restrict people to one view. Would you say that iRacing is putting off some people by not allowing them to race in alternate views? That is an interesting debate, because who's to say I can't get just as realistic a feel from the car from hood or nose cam as I do from cockpit?

In GT6 and most other console racing titles (which is hard to use as an example because no FOV), I can be just as fast with almost any view at this point. It's not a matter of one being better, just what you're used to. My dream view is actually one where the car's kind of just an outline where I can see everything around but use the outline in order to know the exact placement of the edges of the car.
The point of 1 view is to put everyone on a level playing field. If not in leagues then all views should be an option but for competitive leagues then a level playing field would be better.

The point of 1 view is to put everyone on a level playing field. If not in leagues then all views should be an option but for competitive leagues then a level playing field would be better
Do you think that one view yields better lap times than another?

Chase cam gives a huge adavantage hunce the route iRacing took.

As i say its all about leveling the playing field and regarding views iRacing do it best.

I don't see them limiting the view in Leagues. That's still the domain of private rooms.

Unless one plans on going to every drivers' home and ensuring they're running the same equipment (wheel, controller, etc), "levelling the playing field" isn't going to happen. Person X's preferred view may not be Person Y's.

I suppose a lot depends on what you prefer and what you're used to. Do you get better times with chase-cam than any other?
Yeah i can usually run a second or two faster a lap in chase cam but i much prefer cockpit view. For me using a wheel cockpit view is the only option even if it does make me slower unless im really struggling with a certain track.

Unless one plans on going to every drivers' home and ensuring they're running the same equipment (wheel, controller, etc), "levelling the playing field" isn't going to happen. Person X's preferred view may not be Person Y's.

I doubt the iRacing devs went to everyone's home when leveling the playing field on the view.

Back