Forza Horizon 2 doesn't connect to the Internet

SportCoaster

(Banned)
Netherlands
Netherlands
Today, I went back to Forza Horizon 2 again for my Daily Drivatar Rewards, but then I noticed that some of the options in the Menu, like Social, are grayed out. I can't read my own Mail or even look at what Designs are made by others, but Drivatars are still going around the Map. I also can't visit my own Club or get the Club Tier rewards, which are the best way of earning Credits in the game, making grinding an even bigger slog.

I don't get why this is happening. I tried to restart my Xbox Series X, but no use. I had been wanting to get a bunch of Designs for my Cars, as well as ease the grind, but it feels impossible at the moment. I don't want to believe that all Internet Functionality went the way of Gran Turismo 6 without some sort of Announcement or Message. Can this be fixed, or is it just a small bug with one of Playground Games' Servers? I'm feeling genuinely confused. Everything else on my Xbox Series X that uses the Internet, like the Rewards Program, works, but not this game.

EDIT: Forza Horizon 3 also suffers from the same exact problem.

Last edited:
Today, I went back to Forza Horizon 2 again for my Daily Drivatar Rewards, but then I noticed that some of the options in the Menu, like Social, are grayed out. I can't read my own Mail or even look at what Designs are made by others, but Drivatars are still going around the Map. I also can't visit my own Club or get the Club Tier rewards, which are the best way of earning Credits in the game, making grinding an even bigger slog.

I don't get why this is happening. I tried to restart my Xbox Series X, but no use. I had been wanting to get a bunch of Designs for my Cars, as well as ease the grind, but it feels impossible at the moment. I don't want to believe that all Internet Functionality went the way of Gran Turismo 6 without some sort of Announcement or Message. Can this be fixed, or is it just a small bug with one of Playground Games' Servers? I'm feeling genuinely confused. Everything else on my Xbox Series X that uses the Internet, like the Rewards Program, works, but not this game.

EDIT: Forza Horizon 3 also suffers from the same exact problem.

Not sure if its same issue, but someone on here had something similar in the past @Mr Grumpy ?? and it was down to something like privacy/security settings set for parental guidance on the machine itself, so it might be worth checking those?

EDIT: I don't have online as I dont have Xbox Gold, so the biggest issue for me is not getting the Forza Rewards credits.

Regardless, I have the same issue as above on my Xbox OneX :grumpy:

Is it the same for everyone?

Can anyone help?

Last edited:
Not sure if its same issue, but someone on here had something similar in the past @Mr Grumpy ?? and it was down to something like privacy/security settings set for parental guidance on the machine itself, so it might be worth checking those?

EDIT: I don't have online as I dont have Xbox Gold, so the biggest issue for me is not getting the Forza Rewards credits.

Regardless, I have the same issue as above on my Xbox OneX :grumpy:

Is it the same for everyone?

Can anyone help?

Just thought I'd add to this on my latest findings.

It is not the same for FH3 where I CAN still access tunes, however when I tried to access and download tunes on FH2 last night, they sort of showed up as being available (but without any detail other than basic PP) but when I tried to download the tune it came up with a "cannot contact server" error.

Luckily the "auto tune" function still works.

But basically the online and community for this title is now dead and non functioning. And if you have any tunes or decals that you uploaded, without a fix being applied, you've potentially now lost them all forever unless you can access them in another FM or FH game?

However, I think FM7 has been unable to import decals for months already, from what I've read in other threads?

I am fully aware that FH2 is a long past game, and its certainly unreasonable to expect bug fixes to be applied. However, I *do* feel that server issues at their end are not the same as "bug fixes" of issues with the software itself.

Last edited:
And now I can't download Designs in Forza Horizon 2 again and, even though I can access the Social Tab again, I haven't received the Daily Drivatar rewards for 2 days now. The Social Tab and other features are also still missing as usual in Forza Horizon 3.

@SportCoaster the servers are back so you should be able to join clubs and download tunes and designs. Not sure about drivatars earnings, but those are small anyway. Rivals is a much, much better mode to earn money.

@SportCoaster the servers are back so you should be able to join clubs and download tunes and designs. Not sure about drivatars earnings, but those are small anyway. Rivals is a much, much better mode to earn money.

You were saying? Nothing changed. I've changed my DNS and NAT Settings, too, still can't download Designs or get Daily Drivatar Rewards. It has now been like this for 5 days.

You were saying? Nothing changed. I've changed my DNS and NAT Settings, too, still can't download Designs or get Daily Drivatar Rewards. It has now been like this for 5 days.
Yesterday I installed the game again and the servers were down like you said. Today I started it again and noticed that Social, Clubs and Rivals were available. So I went to the garage and was able to download tunes and designs. Now that I started the game again I can't download tunes/designs again. Thou I can still do Rivals and Clubs. I even recived 5000 credits from my Drivatar.
Anyway it's definitely a server, not a game issue. I'm to old to have fun in trolling people, but I don't have any proof. I know it worked. Be patient.... it will come back.

Yesterday I installed the game again and the servers were down like you said. Today I started it again and noticed that Social, Clubs and Rivals were available. So I went to the garage and was able to download tunes and designs. Now that I started the game again I can't download tunes/designs again. Thou I can still do Rivals and Clubs. I even recived 5000 credits from my Drivatar.
Anyway it's definitely a server, not a game issue. I'm to old to have fun in trolling people, but I don't have any proof. I know it worked. Be patient.... it will come back.

Currently Social and Rivals are up, but Clubs are down and Designs are unavailable.

I got my Forza Hub rewards (most importantly) but no Drivatar reward.

I think this must be the latest Horizon Wheelspin... depending on where the spin lands, decides which features dont work today :lol:

I think this must be the latest Horizon Wheelspin... depending on where the spin lands, decides which features dont work today :lol:
It's is weird indeed. Clubs are still available for me. And I even changed the club just to be sure. And I could do that too. I can also see members that are active.

Was messing around on this today and noticed I'd never completely driven all the roads. Long story short, I drove all the roads but no achievement. It just refuses to pop. Am I mistaken in thinking that even with dodgy servers the achievement should still work?

I'm currently playing the Xbox One version as I originally played it on a 360. The achievements are still working and I completed that one a few months ago. I remember on the 360 years ago that I was in the same position as you. I scoured the map for the missing section and couldn't see it. It popped when I drove into one of the festival entrances and hit the barrier at the back. I hadn't been driving into one of them fully each time I visited it.

I'm on a Series X as well. I actually got it 6 months ago (time flies) but looking on TA somebody popped it 2 days ago:

1677787450280.png

I'm on a Series X as well. I actually got it 6 months ago (time flies) but looking on TA somebody popped it 2 days ago:

View attachment 1235950
Cheers mate. I haven't been back on it yet, too busy getting the new cars in FH5 tonight. I'll try again over the weekend. I appreciate you answering me though, thank you.

Play FH2 again over the weekend. I've unlocked a couple of achievements so it's definitely working. AEKara38 thank you so much for your help.

Still can't get the achievement to pop for driving all the roads so I think it's glitched on me 😥.

Servers are closing officially in a few weeks time.

Not that they worked much anyway, but at least there's now an official announcement.

As long as offline still works, I'm ok with that. Made a comment on the post online, this might be more problematic with FH3/4/5 as they are always online only. Saves would need to be disentangled somehow for these to work offline?

Servers are closing officially in a few weeks time.

Not that they worked much anyway, but at least there's now an official announcement.

As long as offline still works, I'm ok with that. Made a comment on the post online, this might be more problematic with FH3/4/5 as they are always online only. Saves would need to be disentangled somehow for these to work offline?
I posted about this a few weeks ago on the main thread. It's sad the servers are closing but like you said yourself Jim, they've not bloody worked for ages really. The games should work well enough offline.

When the time comes for FH3/4/5 to end game let's hope they find a solution. They have to really in my book. I don't think they can brick games people have spent money.

Just have to go for any achievements in 1 and 2 between now and server end date.

Back