Forza Horizon 3: Introducing the Regalia

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 63 comments
Ireland
Codemasters (EA)
PJTierney
https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/FH3_Regalia_Announce

Forza fans are used to a massive variety of cars in Forza Horizon 3; from dune buggies to sport trucks to hypercars, and more. Starting next week, players will be able to drive a car unlike anything else in the game with the upcoming addition of the Regalia from FINAL FANTASY XV to the Forza Horizon 3 vehicle roster.

Beginning on August 1, Forza Horizon 3 and FINAL FANTASY XV players will be able to download and enjoy the Regalia in Forza Horizon 3 for free. The Regalia will be made available to everyone who has played Forza Horizon 3 (on Xbox One, Xbox One S, or Windows 10 PCs) and/or FINAL FANTASY XV (on Xbox One or Xbox One S) by August 1, 2017. For Forza Horizon 3 players, the Regalia will be sent to all players and will be redeemable through the in-game messaging system. FINAL FANTASY XV players will receive a code to redeem the Regalia in Forza Horizon 3 via the Xbox Live messaging system beginning on August 1.

7918dbd3-791f-4865-b262-ee389bb1f0a1.jpg

The transportation method of choice for FINAL FANTASY XV’s royal main character Prince Noctis Lucis Caelum and his friends Ignis, Gladiolus, and Prompto, the Regalia is unofficially the fifth member of Noctis’ party. Embarking on an epic road trip, Noctis and his buddies pilot the Regalia across the land of Eos, encountering endless adventure and intrigue along the way.

With its massive heft, intricate body details, and luxurious interior, the Regalia is a unique addition to the world of Forza Horizon 3. The team at Square Enix found inspiration for the Regalia’s design from real-world models like the Cadillac Ciel concept car and the Maybach Exelero. In Forza Horizon 3, the car’s size (nearly 21 feet long and seven feet wide) make it a cruiser’s delight. Take it for a slow-burn drive through downtown Surfers Paradise, or hit the Aussie freeway in the Outback and push that 7.2-liter supercharged V12 (offering up 536 hp) to its limit. The Regalia gives Forza Horizon 3 players the chance to experience true automotive royalty. Where you take it is up to you!

1fa69806-539f-4f47-9501-de0737430344.jpg

b6f9e37b-d286-48ab-9303-1e8dfa47f9f7.jpg

For more, check out our special edition of Heavy Metal Affliction coming later today, where we go behind the scenes and talk with the Square Enix, Playground Games and Turn 10 teams about the making of the Regalia for Forza Horizon 3!

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/hma_7_28_17

Article Preview
d65c754c-e625-48dc-b3c1-6a8bb823c2ab.jpg

In Forza Horizon 3, variety is king. You can drive some of the greatest cars in the history of the automobile or battle-tested behemoths from the distant future and practically everything in-between. Now, with the addition of the Regalia from FINAL FANTASY XV you can experience the one-of-a-kind royal vehicle from the fantastic world of Eos. The Regalia may hail from a fictional world but, as we found out recently, it’s surprisingly grounded in Earthbound inspirations.

In the world of Eos, the Regalia is actually an unofficial character in the party and the primary source of transportation for main character Prince Noctis Lucis Caelum and his buddies Ignis, Gladiolus, and Prompto. If you haven’t played FINAL FANTASY XV, you do actually drive the Regalia on and off-road, you’re even able to jump it in the open-world setting. Now is your chance to experience the luxurious Regalia in a world built for driving without having to battle beasts or complete quests.

For more on how to get your Regalia, check out our announcement story.

As someone who's never played any Final Fantasy ever, what the hell is that thing? I thought FF was an RPG set in some otherworldly location, why a car?

As someone who's never played any Final Fantasy ever, what the hell is that thing? I thought FF was an RPG set in some otherworldly location, why a car?
I haven't actually played FF15 either, but from what I have seen of it this car is the main form of transportation for your characters in the game.

I hope this isn't the only car we get for August.

The fact that they'll start shipping codes on the first Tuesday of the month of August, right when a DLC-related CU would go online, is mildly suspicious...

Fingers crossed, gents.

Just saw this on the Xbox app. Turn10/PG surely knows how to keep things interesting. I haven't played this game yet, but I've seen my roommate play it non-stop since it was released. the Regalia always amazed me, even if it's a fantasy car. It actually crossed my mind a few months ago that it would probably find its way to Forza some day :lol:

I have FF15 but not hugely fond of it. The Regalia was interesting so seeing it turn up in Horizon is absolutely amazing. I like how it is at fantasy car that could actually be built by a very rich fan of the series for Conventions or car shows.

At first glance I thought this was a Rolls Royce concept model ... I never played any Final Fantasy game.

all these weebs coming out of the woodwork, christ /s

The fact that they'll start shipping codes on the first Tuesday of the month of August, right when a DLC-related CU would go online, is mildly suspicious...

Fingers crossed, gents.

I'm fairly certain DLC is done. Which, I mean, is fine, but if this is what they are leaving us, a cross promotional piecemeal and a kind of disappointing pack from June, then I'm kind of disappointed.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was one of the last cars we'd get; Turn10 and Playground didn't release any more DLC when the next console was going out when Forza Horizon 1 was out. Why? I dunno but my guess is that they're focusing on Forza Motorsport 7 and moving on to next gen. Anyways, Forza Horizon 3 was not my favorite at all. I prefer the second and the first to be honest.

Edit: Forgot to add a specification.

I'm fairly certain DLC is done. Which, I mean, is fine, but if this is what they are leaving us, a cross promotional piecemeal and a kind of disappointing pack from June, then I'm kind of disappointed.

I'll have to disagree here. Both Forza Horizon 2 and Forza Motorsport 6 received "eleventh hour" packs in the last three months of their life cycle, meaning it's not impossible that we may get an August (and possibly, even a September) car pack yet again. Besides, there are clues in the gamefiles to the possible addiction of several cars (like a Toyota Trophy Truck raced by Ivan "Ironman" Stewart and the 2CV that I already mentioned) that would fit better in a FH3 DLC than they'd in Forza Motorsport.

Besides, it's not like them to close the DLC season with a disappointing pack and without loudly proclaiming it.

And look at me, hoping T10 will give me a chance to throw my money at them again. They've really hit gold with that monthly cool car pack model, haven't they?

P.S. I think the main reason T10 didn't release any end-of-life DLC for FH1 was exactly that the series was moving to a new console, which meant that any asset added to the game in September would've had a lifespan of exactly two months. That is not the case for FH3 - and seeing Microsoft's new strategy for the gaming market, it may never be the case again.

-

Anyways, let's get back to the main topic. Am I the only one here oddly in love with how underpowered the engine promises to be? 540 hp from a 7.2 litre supercharged V12 isn't exactly anything to "ooh" and "aah" at. Brings to mind the de-powered engine of the Toyota Century Royal...

Last edited:
Am I the only one here oddly in love with how underpowered the engine promises to be? 540 hp from a 7.2 litre supercharged V12 isn't exactly anything to "ooh" and "aah" at.
Not just you man. I'm hoping that it's in B or A class because of it.

Back