Forza Horizon 3 LEAK ALERT!!!

• Thread starter ERIC11940
  • 55 comments
Speaking as someone in Australia, I'm hoping it's not in some ways - a bit of an over generalisation but directions here are along the lines of:
  1. Pull out of driveway
  2. Turn to direction of destination
  3. Set cruise control & lock steering to straight ahead
  4. Awake to negotiate the single bend
  5. Go back to sleep, or full Aussie - crack another stubbie.
  6. Arrive
  7. Pull in at destination

Not if you live in Tassie. We only have one single open highway that goes about two thirds around the state, and other than that road, every other road is mental. Most of them make the Nordschleife look like a yawn-fest.

That^

There are some great roads, and some great bush tracks but for the vast majority, it's rather tedious to drive.

If they had Australia, it might have to work sort of like 'The Crew' map of the US. All the best bits vaguely blended together.
It would be retarded if they made it full scale.

Hawaii from TDU wasn't full scale (I think?) but was absolutely stupid huge.

Full size Australia... Jeez.

It would be retarded if they made it full scale.

Hawaii from TDU wasn't full scale (I think?) but was absolutely stupid huge.

Full size Australia... Jeez.
My point was more along the lines of if they make an Australian-based Horizon, it would be better to have a scaled down version of the hole thing, incorporating the good/interesting sections instead concentrating on a section of the country.

Tasmania would be something different though.

What about New Zealand? I haven't been there. Are the roads interesting?

My point was more along the lines of if they make an Australian-based Horizon, it would be better to have a scaled down version of the hole thing, incorporating the good/interesting sections instead concentrating on a section of the country.

Tasmania would be something different though.

What about New Zealand? I haven't been there. Are the roads interesting?

Haven't been to NZ either, but got a couple of mates over there who love the place.

As far as Tassie goes, you could fit the entire state 1:1 within a map less than twice the size of The Crew's, maybe even 1 and a half times the size.

It'd be great for our tourism, and it'd also be cool to share our almost endless supply of amazing roads with the whole world.

VXR
A Horizon take on the Targa Tasmania would be awesome!

For sure, but there's way more, and better, roads than those used in Targa Tas. A mate of mine has a stage 2 APR Golf GTi, and me and him often go for long drives just around the good roads in the north-west, just enjoying the drive. Him in his Golf, me in the Celica. Would be cool to have a free roam driving game with Tas for the map. So many options for rally stages, both tarmac and gravel/dirt, also the state's made almost entirely of mountainous terrain, so plenty of hillclimb roads, plus we've got two big permanent racing circuits.

I'd buy an X1 for that.

Horizon would be amazing if it was in Scotland and the festival was based loosely on Rockness, Amazing dance festival at Loch Ness and incredible roads all around it with the best scenery!

Wouldnt OZ be a bit similar to the first game?

Horizon would be amazing if it was in Scotland and the festival was based loosely on Rockness, Amazing dance festival at Loch Ness and incredible roads all around it with the best scenery!

Wouldnt OZ be a bit similar to the first game?

Tassie wouldn't, the scenery here would have more in common with Scotland than mainland Australia believe it or not. Sadly, so does the weather :lol:

I see a lot of snark from the Australians here because they will feel a bit jaded by the presentation of Australia as having 'great driving roads' or a 'great driving culture' because its really not.

There are some great roads:

http://images-2.drive.com.au/2010/03/12/1216865/great-ocean-road.jpg?rand=1345786520038

Many of the roads going OUT of the large city centers are indeed, quite nice but like many western countries expect the usual stuff but I dont expect the French Italians or Coloradians to thing that their representation was accurate.

If it is Australia, my guess that it would take place between NSW and Queensland, with some of the map taking place at Surfers Paradise

Good point. I have every intention to fly south and follow the Targa Tassie at some point.

A worthwhile holiday for petrol heads mate. Better still, drive down to Melbs and get on the boat with your car, that way you can enjoy some of the roads yourself as well as seeing the Targa. Going to Launnie to see all the cars is a must, but you gotta be quick to drive to the good stages, and get a good viewing spot before the roads get closed.

Seeing Targa is up there with seeing Bathurst as things all Aussie car nuts should do at least once! 👍

I see a lot of snark from the Australians here because they will feel a bit jaded by the presentation of Australia as having 'great driving roads' or a 'great driving culture' because its really not.

There are some great roads:

http://images-2.drive.com.au/2010/03/12/1216865/great-ocean-road.jpg?rand=1345786520038

Many of the roads going OUT of the large city centers are indeed, quite nice but like many western countries expect the usual stuff but I dont expect the French Italians or Coloradians to thing that their representation was accurate.
I once drove from Adelaide to Melbourne, intentionally hitting the coast of Victoria to drive the Great Ocean Road. I remember the drive being pretty boring up until the GOR, mostly flat, small town to small town kinda thing. But the Great Ocean Road itself and the areas around it were fun. One of the best drives I've personally done. There are some nice hilly/ forest roads off of the GOR too, I found that out while I got lost the year prior.

Sure, including one nice 150 mile stretch of road wouldn't make for a good game, but they can certainly add fantasy roads around this area. Think of Horizion 2, there was a single stretch of coastal roads and the interior part of the map was mostly back roads, towns and fields.

It'd be interesting to see if it is Australia; the video clip looked a lot like one of the endless straights you find in the Outback (assuming the clip is real). It makes sense with the amount of Aussie cars too.

Who knows though, maybe Japan is playable as a second map a la TDU2?

No, what makes you say that all of a sudden?

https://ar12gaming.com/articles/forza-horizon-3-trailer-footage-leaked

"Update: The leak appears to be definitely fake. While the originally was highly debateable (with many thinking it's real, others not so much), the "leaker" released a new video onto Dailymotion. This was most likely from the attention received on the first video, due to media coverage. The original snippet was believable to an extent, however, this latest video proves otherwise."

https://ar12gaming.com/articles/forza-horizon-3-trailer-footage-leaked

"Update: The leak appears to be definitely fake. While the originally was highly debateable (with many thinking it's real, others not so much), the "leaker" released a new video onto Dailymotion. This was most likely from the attention received on the first video, due to media coverage. The original snippet was believable to an extent, however, this latest video proves otherwise."
The screenshot and case are definitely fake. The 3 second clip looks real though.

The 3 second clip to me is quite clearly just a real video (distant and shot off screen so you can't tell it's not graphics) with a fan made logo, which is literally the 2 logo with a 3 switched in.

For those wondering about a full scale Aussie map, it'll be something like Penn and Teller's Desert Bus game.

"The objective of the game is to drive a bus from Tucson, Arizona to Las Vegas, Nevada in real time at a maximum speed of 45 MPH. The feat requires eight hours of continuous play to complete, since the game cannot be paused"

/nostalgia

Won't the developers me making an official announcement in the next month or two? Like it's always done? I don't really understand the hype. When they announce it officially, we'll know what the scope of the game is.

Back