Forza Horizon 4 - Colour Creation Database (CONSTANT WORK IN PROGRESS) *READ FIRST POST*

• Thread starter Mitcho2001
  • 4,341 comments

McLaren Cerberus Pearl: Which Version Should be Added to the Spreadsheet?

• JaCor653: Base - 0.72 L, 0.71 L, 0.97 R/Highlight - 0.11 L, 1.00 R, 0.96 R (Two-Tone Polished)

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Mitcho2001: Base - 0.63 R, 0.65 L, 0.98 R/Highlight - 0.08 R, 1.00 R, 0.99 L (Two-Tone Polished)

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Ty-Ahmaud, I added your Radiumgrün to the spreadsheet. How are you doing on that other color you had?

@SlowJRNalist, that looks better. You might want to move the base of the lowlight a bit more toward the right to capture the bluish undertone the color has. You might also want to lower the saturation for both layers, as your most recent version looks a bit too vivid compared to your reference image. I think your lowlight is sufficiently dark, but the highlight might need to be brighter by about 0.10.

@MadaraxUchiha, are you still planning on doing any of those Audi colors that were requested a few weeks ago, or can I do them?

@Ty-Ahmaud, I added your Radiumgrün to the spreadsheet. How are you doing on that other color you had?

@SlowJRNalist, that looks better. You might want to move the base of the lowlight a bit more toward the right to capture the bluish undertone the color has. You might also want to lower the saturation for both layers, as your most recent version looks a bit too vivid compared to your reference image. I think your lowlight is sufficiently dark, but the highlight might need to be brighter by about 0.10.

@MadaraxUchiha, are you still planning on doing any of those Audi colors that were requested a few weeks ago, or can I do them?
I’ll do them. I need the paint codes for them, though.

I think it's due to the fact that my AOC monitor generally undersaturates and overexposes everything leaving me with that effect. But it's a learning curve that I'm understanding, so I will make some adjustments. Thanks JaCor :D

Edit:
X: 0.54 R, 0.66 R, 0.18 L
Y: 0.50 R, 0.70 R, 0.41 L

That's more like it.

Attachments

• Forza Horizon 5 6_10_2022 5_16_23 PM.png
    Forza Horizon 5 6_10_2022 5_16_23 PM.png
    421 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I’ll do them. I need the paint codes for them, though.
I can do some research and find them for you, if you'd like. Would you like me to message you or...?

Edit:
This is based on the chart that was posted in May, so I'll go back and double check to make sure all this is correct.
Adventurine Orange Mica (2487)
Alpine Green Pearlcoat (PGT/VGT)
Aurora Blue Pearl Effect (Z7R)
Cassis Pearl Effect (Z4Y)
Classic Red Pearl Effect (ALD 092 Q81)
Cumulus Blue (X5A)
Dark Red Mica (RS4)
Dark Sapphire Pearl Effect (RSW)
Deep Green Pearl Effect (Z6E)
Derby Green Pearl Effect (C6S)
Garnet Red Pearl Effect (Z3F)
Gomera Pearl Effect (Z6P)
Green (Paint code 2D8)
Kalahari Beige Pearl Effect (481)
Light Santa Fe Metallic (CXNEWHA)
Mahogany Mica (ANY)
Melanite Black Mica (9185)
Morning Dew Green Pearl Effect (ALD 092 Q85)
Mugello Blue Pearl Effect (Z5E)
Racing Blue Mica (MXYEWWA)
Teallite Blue Metallic (5353)
Turquoise Mica Metallic (769)
Velvet Purple Pearl Effect (ALD 092 Q87)

Last edited:
I can do some research and find them for you, if you'd like. Would you like me to message you or...?

Edit:
This is based on the chart that was posted in May, so I'll go back and double check to make sure all this is correct.
Adventurine Orange Mica (2487)
Alpine Green Pearlcoat (PGT/VGT)
Aurora Blue Pearl Effect (Z7R)
Cassis Pearl Effect (Z4Y)
Classic Red Pearl Effect (ALD 092 Q81)
Cumulus Blue (X5A)
Dark Red Mica (RS4)
Dark Sapphire Pearl Effect (RSW)
Deep Green Pearl Effect (Z6E)
Derby Green Pearl Effect (C6S)
Garnet Red Pearl Effect (Z3F)
Gomera Pearl Effect (Z6P)
Green (Paint code 2D8)
Kalahari Beige Pearl Effect (481)
Light Santa Fe Metallic (CXNEWHA)
Mahogany Mica (ANY)
Melanite Black Mica (9185)
Morning Dew Green Pearl Effect (ALD 092 Q85)
Mugello Blue Pearl Effect (Z5E)
Racing Blue Mica (MXYEWWA)
Teallite Blue Metallic (5353)
Turquoise Mica Metallic (769)
Velvet Purple Pearl Effect (ALD 092 Q87)
Thank you :) I’ll do all of these and have them up later. Any that I’m not able to do I’ll let you guys know.

Checking in on everyone to see how y'all are doing today! Hope all is well! @JaCor653 I'm still working on Aquamarinmetallic as it is a tricky color to replicate. Not giving up on this yet!

Checking in on everyone to see how y'all are doing today! Hope all is well! @JaCor653 I'm still working on Aquamarinmetallic as it is a tricky color to replicate. Not giving up on this yet!
Your first version was very close to a version that I made. I gave you some pointers in a post about a week ago. If you make those small changes, the color should be ready to add to the spreadsheet.

Your first version was very close to a version that I made. I gave you some pointers in a post about a week ago. If you make those small changes, the color should be ready to add to the spreadsheet.
I think this might be it. Here you go.

Porsche - Aquamarinmetallic
Material: Metal flake
Lowlight
Hue: 0.58L Saturation: 0.55L Brightness: 0.71R
Highlight
Hue: 0.55R Saturation: 0.12R Brightness: 0.94L

Attachments

• 26246fd4-9f94-498d-96d4-088979bfda4c.png
    26246fd4-9f94-498d-96d4-088979bfda4c.png
    429.2 KB · Views: 16
Lexus
Light Premium Metallic (note: Wheel Color on LFA) <- I'm guessing use the same method like you would when one is grabbing a paint color? Or is there more to it?

Last edited:
Lexus
Light Premium Metallic (note: Wheel Color on LFA) <- I'm guessing use the same method like you would when one is grabbing a paint color? Or is there more to it?
Rims can be a bit tricky when it comes to selecting the right material. Even though this color name includes the word "metallic," I think that aluminum polished would be the right choice. The reason for this is that metal flake paint on rims tends to not look as metallic as it is supposed to, and thus it does not give off the right effect. Also, for this color in particular, it is basically a chrome color, so metal flake is definitely not the way to go. If you look at the rim colors tab in the spreadsheet, you'll notice that very few colors use metal flake as the paint type. Besides that, picking the color works the same way it does for body colors. Just remember, for two-tone colors, the lowlight is the brighter color and the highlight is the darker color.

Here are some good images of this rim color in the sunlight:

1a.jpg
1.jpg

1s.jpg

These were taken from the LFA Regsitry.

Last edited:
Rims can be a bit tricky when it comes to selecting the right material. Even though this color name includes the word "metallic," I think that aluminum polished would be the right choice. The reason for this is that metal flake paint on rims tends to not look as metallic as it is supposed to, and thus it does not give off the right effect. Also, for this color in particular, it is basically a chrome color, so metal flake is definitely not the way to go. If you look at the rim colors tab in the spreadsheet, you'll notice that very few colors use metal flake as the paint type. Besides that, picking the color works the same way it does for body colors. Just remember, for two-tone colors, the lowlight is the brighter color and the highlight is the darker color.
Well, embarassingly, when I was looking for the color I meant to type Dark Premium Metallic (because I had misunderstood what I was reading)

Okay, I'll give it a go :) Wish me luck.

Edit: In hindsight, it does look gunmetal-like, doesn't it?

Edit 2: 3rd attempt attached - will try again tomorrow in a right frame of mind to try this again.

Forza Horizon 5 6_12_2022 9_17_33 PM.png

Last edited:
Lexus
Ivory White (9J8)

Porsche
Satin Dark Silver (Note: Wheel Color)

Also, I'd figure I'd update you all on Dark Premium Metallic (Lexus - Wheel Color)... although I feel like I'm going backwards.

I went with Two-Tone Semigloss but I dunno... what do you think?

Forza Horizon 5 6_13_2022 4_18_01 PM.png
DSC_2858_copy_resize.jpeg

Last edited:
brabham-bt62r-3.jpg

Going to try and make this once the BT62 is out.
I already did it.
Brabham
Adelaide Red (2020 Brabham BT62R)
@SlowJRNalist, I think that looks okay for Dark Premium Metallic. Maybe increase the brightness of the highlight to 0.66 or so, but it's not bad. Is Ivory White a request, or is that a color you plan to do?

Last edited:
@SlowJRNalist, I think that looks okay for Dark Premium Metallic. Maybe increase the brightness of the highlight to 0.66 or so, but it's not bad. Is Ivory White a request, or is that a color you plan to do?
My bad JaCor - I was hoping I could make Ivory White a request if that's okay with you.

I do want to try Satin Dark Silver though, once I make the final adjustment with Dark Premium Metallic.

Last edited:
Thank you JaCor!

Lexus - Dark Premium Metallic (Wheel Color)
Two-Tone Semigloss
X - 0.09 R, 0.04 L, 0.93 L
Y - 0.08 R, 0.05 L, 0.66 L

Forza Horizon 5 6_13_2022 9_41_03 PM.png

Last edited:
I tried making "Verde Singh" for the Lamborghini Veneno, but I think it looks a little off. Any tips?

Normal

Attachments

• valentino-balboni-poses-beside-a-lamborghini-veneno-roadster-painted-in-verde-singh_100508595_h.jpg
    valentino-balboni-poses-beside-a-lamborghini-veneno-roadster-painted-in-verde-singh_100508595_h.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 2022-06-13 23_21_45-Greenshot.png
    2022-06-13 23_21_45-Greenshot.png
    284.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I tried making "Verde Singh" for the Lamborghini Veneno, but I think it looks a little off. Any tips?

Normal
As mentioned previously, picking the right reference image makes a difference. I would recommend on taking an image taken outdoors in natural light since doing it under shop lighting doesn't seem to do it right.

Lugar Tranquillo is the best place (when it's the right time to do it - noon in game time). Try and find one that closely matches the outdoors (and be careful when picking social media site ones) and you're pretty much good to go.

Last edited:

Normal
And here’s where we run into the issue of what color to paint it. All of these pictures are of Verde Singh:

A0C0B240-00CA-4BAC-ACBE-698CEDCCE209.jpeg

1624234A-F854-4872-8AA1-5E30D991EA07.jpeg

F96D9463-6F4B-4602-B32D-8DC055FA8F60.jpeg

8DAEC6F6-016D-4FA8-930A-5CFD0202DC1C.jpeg

7A0F1489-6581-48E0-B8EF-38D88D22C9B1.jpeg

DEC361B0-AFCE-4EE4-B050-4DAA2837205F.jpeg

A81E969D-BAD8-425B-9A12-4E941F9FF409.jpeg

B1680D53-6410-48B3-8D06-7C35A98EFECB.jpeg

The other issue is that people love touching up car photos and making the saturation brighter to make them stand out. I’m thinking the most accurate one is the last two images of it outside on the Huracán.

Last edited:
I thought I'd start today by saying thank you for guiding me.

(although I think my instincts may have misfired a touch on this one)

Forza Horizon 5 6_14_2022 6_23_08 PM.png
B4191796-85B3-4D94-BC0B-9F6BC9667516.jpeg

Last edited:
I've added a bunch of colors to the spreadsheet.

Alpine
Montebello Grey (2022 Alpine A110 GT J. Rédélé)

Aston Martin
Stirling Green (Redo; I originally did the color.)

Bugatti
Blu Francia

Chrysler
Prairie Pearl (Shared with Dodge and RAM; Paint codes PFA and KFA. Redo; I originally did the color.)

Ferrari
Bianco Avorio (Redo; I originally did the color.)
Bronzo Montecarlo

Fiat
Blu Celeste (Redo; I originally did the color.)

Holden
Son of a Gun Grey

Jaguar
Champagne Gold Satin (2022 Jaguar F-Pace SVR Edition 1988 rim color)
Midnight Amethyst Gloss (2022 Jaguar F-Pace SVR Edition 1988)

Lamborghini
Arancio Aten
Bianco Perlato
Blu Sideris (Redo; I originally did the color.)
Blu Speciale (Redo; I originally did the color.)
Giallo Fides
Grigio Falco
Grigio Keres
Luci del Bosco (2022 Lamborghini Countach LPI 800-4)
Rosso Metallic
Viola Mithras (Redo; I originally did the color.)

Lexus
Ivory White (Requested by @SlowJRNalist)

Mazda
Rhodium White Premium

McLaren
Accent Red (2022 McLaren Senna XP El Trunfo Absoluto)
Mexican Green (2022 McLaren Senna XP El Trunfo Absoluto)
Steel Blue

Mercedes-AMG
Designo Graphite Gray Magno

Porsche
Auratium Green (Redo; I originally did the color.)
Azure Blue 356 (2023 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS Cabriolet America Edition)

Toyota
Acidic Blast (2023 Toyota Corolla Cross Hybrid)
Solar Shift (2023 Toyota GR86 Special Edition)

Last edited:
Acura:
Integra:
Voltage Blue Metallic - I'd like to give this a go.
Super Sonic Blue Pearl - Same as the Honda one in the chart?

Jaguar
F-Type:
Sorrento Yellow (request)

Porsche:
911 GT3 (2021)
Dark Satin Silver (wheel color) - I tried it, and I need help. Would one of you...?

Acura:
Integra:

Jaguar
F-Type:

Porsche:
911 GT3 (2021)
Dark Satin Silver (wheel color) - I tried it, and I need help. Would one of you...?
I'll do the request and check on that Acura/Honda color tomorrow. I'll also look into that Porsche wheel color and give you some pointers.

Last edited:
Acura:
Integra:

Jaguar
F-Type:

Porsche:
911 GT3 (2021)
The Supersonic Blue color on the chart under Honda is also the same for Acura since it’s the same paint code. I did the color so I’ll just add it under Acura as well. Also, Voltage Blue is a Honda color as well as it, too, shares the same paint code (B97M). It was used on the Honda Capa.

Last edited:
The Supersonic Blue color on the chart under Honda is also the same for Acura since it’s the same paint code. I did the color so I’ll just add it under Acura as well. Also, Voltage Blue is a Honda color as well as it, too, shares the same paint code (B97M). It was used on the Honda Capa.
Since it was a Honda color, I figured you did it, so I was planning on just copying the row to the other part of the spreadsheet.

Back