Forza Horizon 4 - Colour Creation Database (CONSTANT WORK IN PROGRESS) *READ FIRST POST*

• Thread starter Mitcho2001
  • 4,341 comments

McLaren Cerberus Pearl: Which Version Should be Added to the Spreadsheet?

• JaCor653: Base - 0.72 L, 0.71 L, 0.97 R/Highlight - 0.11 L, 1.00 R, 0.96 R (Two-Tone Polished)

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Mitcho2001: Base - 0.63 R, 0.65 L, 0.98 R/Highlight - 0.08 R, 1.00 R, 0.99 L (Two-Tone Polished)

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cadillac (wave Metallic)

Metal Flake
Lowlight
H- 0.63
S- 0.73
B- 0.45

Highlight
H- 0.63
S- 0.55
B- 0.55
image.jpeg

sddefault.jpg

Last edited:
Every time I look at the spreadsheet there are dozens of people all happily using them, they just don't leave comments here. I wouldn't read the occasional alternative take on a colour as some sort of slight on your work.
It's not occasional. One person in particular seems to have made a habit of redoing the colors in the spreadsheet and has been called up before on it.

Lamborghini (Blu Eliadi)

Metal Flake
lowlight
H- 0.58
S- 0.81
B- 0.51

Highlight
H- 0.58
S- 0.85
B- 0.58

Attachments

• 340079648_1209621346387683_4320868479271256826_n.jpg
    340079648_1209621346387683_4320868479271256826_n.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 14
Here’s the link to the spreadsheet

I didn’t know it’d actually post the actual spreadsheet xD

I tryed the Azzurro Thetys from Lamborghini on the chart but it didn't look right so I redid the color, I am just here to help out not to bump heads here. If you want you can use my code for it?

Metal Flake
Lowlight
H- 0.56
S- 0.20
B- 0.83

Highlight
H- 0.61
S- 0.12
B- 0.95

Last edited:
I tryed the Azzurro Thetys from Lamborghini on the chart but it didn't look right so I redid the color, I am just here to help out not to bump heads here. If you want you can use my code for it?

Metal Flake
Lowlight
H- 0.56
S- 0.20
B- 0.83

Highlight
H- 0.61
S- 0.12
B- 0.95
No, thanks. I’ll redo it at some point since I’m the one that originally did that color.

Redoing colors that I’ve done on the chart isn’t helping. Like I said, I’ll get to redoing them when I have the time to do so. I already go through and do that as it is.

I was trying to help and you are just being very rude and disrespectful. All that I was doing was helping you but I guess you don't need help.

I was trying to help and you are just being very rude and disrespectful. All that I was doing was helping you but I guess you don't need help.
No, here’s what you’re not understanding. I don’t like someone going in and redoing colors that I myself have done before. I don’t need help redoing them because I did them a long time ago when I was barely starting, and I’ve been going through and redoing colors I did a long time ago.

However, feel free to make your own chart if you’d like to do that.

Last edited:
No, here’s what you’re not understanding. I don’t like someone going in and redoing colors that I myself have done before. I don’t need help redoing them because I did them a long time ago when I was barely starting, and I’ve been going through and redoing colors I did a long time ago.

However, feel free to make your own chart if you’d like to do that.

You need to be more open to people helping you and saying thank you or no thank you in a nicer way. Like I know that making paints is hard because I have been making paint since horizon 1 that came out in 2012.

Last edited:
You need to be more open to people helping you and saying thank you or no thank you in a nicer way
If I needed help, I’d honestly ask for it lad :) I haven’t given any indication that I needed it. You just took it upon yourself to do so instead of asking for colors to be redone, which, again, I’ve been doing in my free time.

If I needed help, I’d honestly ask for it lad :) I haven’t given any indication that I needed it. You just took it upon yourself to do so instead of asking for colors to be redone, which, again, I’ve been doing in my free time.

I am not the only one that has took it upon myself at all, but whatever I will stay out of redoing your paints then but the ones I made you redo them by yourself and I made thous paints so you are doing the samething.

P.S. Can you take any of my paints that I did off your list because I didn't put them on my list at all.

Last edited:
I am not the only one that has took it upon myself at all, but whatever I will stay out of redoing your paints then but the ones I made you redo them by yourself and I made thous paints so you are doing the samething.
You didn’t make anything, other than trying to redo what I have already done. Like I said, feel free to make your own chart.

You didn’t make anything, other than trying to redo what I have already done. Like I said, feel free to make your own chart.

I did my own chart and I was the first one to do the Nissan blue, Blue Flame, Bentley Silver, paints that I helped people on here with, the careabean blue from Ford.

I will add more to my spreadsheet.

Attachments

• Untitled spreadsheet-26.pdf
    38.7 KB · Views: 27
And if you need a paint from my chart you can use it if you want to.
Look, I really just got annoyed when I seen that all the colors you kept posting here were colors that I originally did. They were done when I was barely starting, but over time I’ve been going through and fixing things and updating them. I’m sorry if I came across as rude, it was just annoying to see :( I appreciate the help you’re trying to give, but that energy would be better spent on your own chart since I’m redoing colors on this chart when I have the time.

Look, I really just got annoyed when I seen that all the colors you kept posting here were colors that I originally did. They were done when I was barely starting, but over time I’ve been going through and fixing things and updating them. I’m sorry if I came across as rude, it was just annoying to see :( I appreciate the help you’re trying to give, but that energy would be better spent on your own chart since I’m redoing colors on this chart when I have the time.

Just let me know if you need any help with them.
P.S. I am here to help.

New colors to my spreadsheet are Midnight Steel and Rift Metallic, Wave Blue all from Cadillac.

Attachments

• Untitled spreadsheet-29.pdf
    41.6 KB · Views: 21
I think it's time for me to contribute. I'm going to try the colors from the Italdesign VGT:
187e228a0fa5-screenshotUrl.jpg

They shouldn't be too hard.

Italdesign VGT Colors
52807164-5fd9-4d43-8b62-027d5ad2582c.png

Raw - 2-Tone Matte + Second Color Group
Lowlight - 0.00L, 0.00L, 0.99L
Highlight - 0.00L, 0.00L, 0.61L
Group 2 (Normal) - 0.96L, 0.89L, 0.68L

0813042b-97f6-45cf-b3f5-ff0621bd628f.png

Techno - 2-Tone Matte + Second Color Group
Lowlight - 0.66R, 0.01L, 0.61L
Highlight - 0.66R, 0.02L, 0.32L
Group 2 (Normal) - 0.06R, 0.71L, 0.87L

3c1cb716-8b37-4c65-99f3-ed9934148699.png

Stealth - Normal + Second Color Group
0.00L, 0.00L, 0.01L
Group 2 (Normal) - 0.11L, 0.05L, 0.73L

d95217f0-f298-46c7-99c8-bba532e27495.png

Pure - 2-Tone Polish + Second Color Group
Lowlight - 0.00L, 0.00L, 0.97L
Highlight - 0.00L, 0.00L, 0.38L
Color Group 2 - 0.96L, 0.89L, 0.69L

ecab1e93-8e93-40c2-8238-ded6c70c3100.png

Notturno - 2-Tone Polish + Second Color Group
Lowlight - 0.69L, 0.07L, 0.78L
Highlight - 0.72L, 0.05L, 0.25L
Color Group 2 - 0.62R, 0.83L, 0.73L

4ffabe73-b267-4b87-b21c-3b10ba9f796d.png

Mistica - Normal w/ Gradient + Second Color Group
0.00L, 0.00L, 0.95L
Gradient - 0.00L, 0.00L, 0.01L
Color Group 2 - 0.96L, 0.87L, 0.67L

Last edited:
Can I just ask, is anyone planning on doing Cadillac's Radiant Red (Tintcoat)?

I'd like to try making it myself (unless one of you has made plans for it)

Can I just ask, is anyone planning on doing Cadillac's Radiant Red (Tintcoat)?

I'd like to try making it myself (unless one of you has made plans for it)

I will make it right now

Radiant Red (Cadillac)

Metal Flake
Lowlight
H- 0.00
S- 0.83
B- 0.47

Highlight
H- 0.00
S- 0.98
B- 0.57

2023-cadillac-escalade.jpeg

Last edited:
So, I've just found out there is a new Forza color sheet. It was created by 03Void from the ForzaOpenTunes Reddit and Discord Server. It seems that what they did was copy our/Mitcho's spreadsheet and claim it as their own. They have added about 200 colors, but the vast majority of the information is form the work done in this thread over the course of the past four years. They copied EVERYTHING, even down to the manufacturer paint codes and extra information in the last column. I asked 03Void if they got permission from Mitcho before copying his spreadsheet, but I haven't heard back yet. If I'm being honest, I kind of have a problem with this. I can understand wanting to create your own color spreadsheet, but I don't think blatantly copying someone else's that is based on literal years of work is the best way to do that. What do you think? @Mitcho2001, what do you think about this?

Here's the link to the "new" color sheet if anyone is interested.

I will make it right now

Radiant Red (Cadillac)

Metal Flake
Lowlight
H- 0.00
S- 0.83
B- 0.47

Highlight
H- 0.00
S- 0.98
B- 0.57
I was hoping I could do it, mate.

Edit: Also, that's not what I'd call a good reference picture since it's under studio lighting.

Last edited:
So, I've just found out there is a new Forza color sheet. It was created by 03Void from the ForzaOpenTunes Reddit and Discord Server. It seems that what they did was copy our/Mitcho's spreadsheet and claim it as their own. They have added about 200 colors, but the vast majority of the information is form the work done in this thread over the course of the past four years. They copied EVERYTHING, even down to the manufacturer paint codes and extra information in the last column. I asked 03Void if they got permission from Mitcho before copying his spreadsheet, but I haven't heard back yet. If I'm being honest, I kind of have a problem with this. I can understand wanting to create your own color spreadsheet, but I don't think blatantly copying someone else's that is based on literal years of work is the best way to do that. What do you think? @Mitcho2001, what do you think about this?

Here's the link to the "new" color sheet if anyone is interested.

Void has contacted me regarding this branch that I had no idea about. I haven't seen the spreadsheet as it's now private, so I can only take their word on what has been changed and added. Of course, asking for permission wouldn't have been a problem before it was made public to the OPTN community, but I'm not sure what to think. If other players want to contribute that aren't on GTPlanet, I don't have a problem with it if permission has been given. But it's mainly the lack of knowledge about this being around which doesn't settle right with me. Am I annoyed that I wasn't contacted? To be honest, yeah. But more or less, I'm just baffled by it.
Had I seen the spreadsheet earlier, I would be feeling pretty frustrated that the work of several people has been taken advantage of; especially it there was no credit given to any of us.

Last edited:
Void has contacted me regarding this branch that I had no idea about. I haven't seen the spreadsheet as it's now private, so I can only take their word on what has been changed and added. Of course, asking for permission wouldn't have been a problem before it was made public to the OPTN community, but I'm not sure what to think. If other players want to contribute that aren't on GTPlanet, I don't have a problem with it if permission has been given. But it's mainly the lack of knowledge about this being around which doesn't settle right with me. Am I annoyed that I wasn't contacted? To be honest, yeah. But more or less, I'm just baffled by it.
Had I seen the spreadsheet earlier, I would be feeling pretty frustrated that the work of several people has been taken advantage of; especially it there was no credit given to any of us.
Void told me that they made the spreadsheet private as a "token of goodwill," but they also accused me of lying and saying that they claimed our spreadsheet as their own. They claimed that this is not what happened, that they did contact you, and that you aren't the owner of the spreadsheet either. That's a bunch of nonsense, as you started your spreadsheet from scratch in 2019, and is wholly distinct and separate from previous versions of this spreadsheet. You didn't take Terronium's spreadsheet, copy all of the information, and call it your own work. You started from nothing to create a new version of the Forza Color Sheet. If the OPTN community really wanted to create their own color spreadsheet, that is what they should have done. It would have been kind of strange, considering how much larger our spreadsheet is, but at least they would be doing things the right way if they had started their own sheet. I feel like there isn't much we can do (but maybe there is), but at least they made their spreadsheet private. Hopefully, they keep it that way.

One other thing about this issue: it only came up in the past 2-3 weeks. This is not something that has secretly been going on for years; rather, Void decided sometime in mid-April to copy our spreadsheet to make one for the OPTN community. None of them seemed to mind or even care that that is what happened, and immediately, they started redoing some of our colors. Yes, a good number of colors in the spreadsheet are still in need of a redo, but they way they did it was wrong. They way they did all of this was wrong. I've left their Discord and blocked Void, so hopefully, nothing more comes of this.

Last edited:
I feel like I have to defend myself here as JaCor is pushing a narrative that did not happen despite me explaining it to him in DMs.

The story so far:

• I knew this chart for a while, and believed (wrongly) that it was abandoned.
  • I wanted it to continue, so I copied it and started adding colors with the help of other members of the OPTN community. That was more or less last fall.
  • Since then, in my branch of the chart, we added between 150-200 colors, made changes to the layout to improve readability and make it easier on the eyes. I also added a “read me” tab at the bottom with credits to Mitcho2001 and other people I believed also worked on it. I NEVER tried to pass the whole thing as my own work. I did the exact opposite of that.
  • Yesterday JaCor contacted me on Discord about me copying the chart and claiming it as my own. I didn’t see the message immediately. He then made the post here saying I stole everything and “claimed it as my own”. A few hours after that, I explained everything to him in a DM on Discord. I’ve put an emphasis that I didn’t claim that the work was made by myself, quite the opposite. He ignored me before commenting again here. I made my branch private until I hear either from JaCor or Mitcho.
  • I managed to talk to Mitcho2001 this morning, to whom I explained the situation for the first time. He was very understanding and we had a good talk. I’ve sent him screen shots of the changes I made, including the credits part since the chart was made private and he couldn’t see it himself. We discussed if my branch will continue and I also proposed to transfer all the changes I did to him if he wanted them. We’re still talking about it and how ultimately it will be resolved. If he decides he doesn’t like the fact that there’s a branch of his project, I’ll kill it.

To be fair with JaCor, I should have asked permission before branching it. He’s 100% right about that and I would have likely been told that the original version of the chart was still updated so my version didn’t need to be.

But I never claimed I did any work on that chart I didn’t as he said. I don’t understand why Jacor keep repeating that as he has seen the credit page I added.

I apologize to the people who contributed to the chart here.

Last edited:
Back