Forza Horizon 4 - Colour Creation Database (CONSTANT WORK IN PROGRESS) *READ FIRST POST*

• Thread starter Mitcho2001
  • 4,341 comments

McLaren Cerberus Pearl: Which Version Should be Added to the Spreadsheet?

• JaCor653: Base - 0.72 L, 0.71 L, 0.97 R/Highlight - 0.11 L, 1.00 R, 0.96 R (Two-Tone Polished)

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Mitcho2001: Base - 0.63 R, 0.65 L, 0.98 R/Highlight - 0.08 R, 1.00 R, 0.99 L (Two-Tone Polished)

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gotcha. Do you also find the flake color off the chip, or do you just use it for one part (like just the base or flake color) and eyeball the other? I've got a color for a lambo I'm working on that I can see flakes in the chip but they're so similarly colored that it doesn't look right in-game.
I get both the base and flake from the chip :) What Lamborghini color are you working on, if you don’t mind me asking? :)

I get both the base and flake from the chip :) What Lamborghini color are you working on, if you don’t mind me asking? :)
Trying my hand at Lambo Thirty (210113), it's my favorite color on the Diablo and I'm testing my ability to do it right. Eyeballed it at first, but can't seem to get it quite right and the flake seems too dark, but it's the only one I can find. :banghead:

This is what I get using the paint chip:
Thirty.png

And this is an IRL pic:
curated-cars-1360.jpg

Edit: Just tried out the 'Viola SE30' on the database and it's closer, but still seems off to me. It's a lot more pink than most of the photos I can find, and much brighter as well.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I've done that color. It looks familiar. I think I called my version Three Putt Green, an official alternate name Ford used. I picked that name because it sounded more interesting than Medium Ivy Green. Use the forum search function and search for Three Putt Green to find my version.

Also, my computer kind of broke today. It still works, technically, but I am going to take a break from this for a few days until my new computer is delivered.

@drouid2 I actually did the full livery you're looking for about a year ago. You can find it in my Creative Hub; my GamerTag is JaCor553.

not bad... though the front stripes need some adjustments. its a bit off... would still like the color code for the shadow black in matte and the aluminum gold rims for my own design as it is slightly different... not sure if using two-tone matte would be better then using carbon like u did...

@AmbientNoise I just did it myself :) Enjoy :)

Lambo Thirty (Lamborghini)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base: 0.83 L, 0.30 R, 0.39 L
- Flake: 0.81 L, 0.22 R, 0.62 L

View attachment 938978

View attachment 938979

View attachment 938980

View attachment 938981

View attachment 938982

Very nice, but I'm curious. Did you use the chip for that too? I must be doing something horribly wrong because there's only two or three different chips for that color floating around the internet afaik. (Found two different ones so far, both not too good in resolution.)

Just trying to figure this out because I really like how these custom paints look better than the ones Forza provides, but I want to do it the right way and not have to guestimate so much when it's avoidable.

Very nice, but I'm curious. Did you use the chip for that too? I must be doing something horribly wrong because there's only two or three different chips for that color floating around the internet afaik. (Found two different ones so far, both not too good in resolution.)

Just trying to figure this out because I really like how these custom paints look better than the ones Forza provides, but I want to do it the right way and not have to guestimate so much when it's avoidable.
I actually used the reference picture you provided ;p

It's mostly that the reference image was right in front of my face the whole time, and I just got so hung up on paint chips that didn't work lol. I was just overthinking things, and yes I am quite happy that I've finally got a good version of that paint color on that car. :cheers:

not bad... though the front stripes need some adjustments. its a bit off... would still like the color code for the shadow black in matte and the aluminum gold rims for my own design as it is slightly different... not sure if using two-tone matte would be better then using carbon like u did...

I actually used carbon fiber decals for both. The gloss version uses Ingot Silver as the base. I did that color a long time ago. The matte version use matte aluminum as the base. I'll get the values for the wheel color in a bit. I also did Shadow Black a few weeks ago. If you wanted a matte version, just apply my values to the matte paint type. What's wrong with my front stripes? I feel like I lined everything up properly. Could you send me a PM here on GTPlanet with some pictures, since that discussion does not belong in this thread?

Went back and redid the C5 again using reference images and the forzacolour website, think the final version of Fairway Green is here!

Fairway Green Metallic (Chevrolet)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base: 0.44 L, 0.78 R, 0.31 L
- Flake: 0.42 R, 0.66 R, 0.63 R

Fairway.png

How about another remake? After doing some research, I learned that Titan Gold is an Opel Color, not Vauxhall. Whoops. :boggled:
It's also called Caprie Yellow Metallic, but Titan Gold Metallic sounds cooler to me.

Titan Gold Metallic (Opel)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base: 0.08 R, 0.92 L, 0.62 L
- Flake: 0.10 R, 0.78 R, 0.95 L

Titan.png

Some new ones for the spreadsheet, for the Vauxhall VX220 / Opel Speedster!

Petrol Metallic (Vauxhall)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base: 0.54 R, 0.60 L, 0.18 R
- Flake: 0.54 R, 0.58 R, 0.60 R

Petrol.png

Switch Metallic (Opel/Vauxhall)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base: 0.44 L, 0.11 R, 0.39 R
- Flake: 0.13 R, 0.25 L, 0.68 R

Switch.png

British Racing Green (Opel)

Paint Type:
Solid
- Base: 0.40 R, 0.63 L, 0.15 R

British.png

Dolphin Blue Metallic (Opel)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base: 0.59 R, 0.41 L, 0.58 R
- Flake: 0.03 L, 0.17 R, 0.71 L

Dolphin.png

Moonland Mica Metallic (Opel/Vauxhall)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base: 0.57 R, 0.09 L, 0.31 L
- Flake: 0.59 R, 0.11 R, 0.55 R

Moonland.png

Brilliant Yellow Mica (Opel/Vauxhall)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base: 0.12 R, 0.77 L, 0.95 R
- Flake: 0.13 R, 0.69 R, 0.99 L

Brilliant.png

@MadaraxUchiha Alright, I'll take that into account. My main issue is that it seems like half the time my home area likes to decide that it's going to be sunset/sunrise even during the middle of the day, so there's a very narrow period/low chance I can find good uniform lighting. If there's any way to tweak this/force daytime I'd love to hear it, because it's annoying have to sit around waiting for the day/night cycle to chug along. :irked:

Last edited:
@MadaraxUchiha Alright, I'll take that into account. My main issue is that it seems like half the time my home area likes to decide that it's going to be sunset/sunrise even during the middle of the day, so there's a very narrow period/low chance I can find good uniform lighting. If there's any way to tweak this/force daytime I'd love to hear it, because it's annoying have to sit around waiting for the day/night cycle to chug along. :irked:
Trust me, we all have to endure it and wait for the perfect lighting conditions to come. As far as I know, there isn't a way to force the sun to stay a certain way either :( The only place with stable lighting conditions that I've used, especially during winter, is the paint booth over at the LEGO place.

How's this? @MadaraxUchiha

Bronzo Magnetico (Fiat)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base: 0.07 R, 0.23 L, 0.12 R
- Flake: 0.07 R, 0.25 R, 0.42 L

View attachment 939519
Nope. You have to go inside and take the pics where you paint the cars there at the paint booth. Sorry if I didn't elaborate that before. I thought I was pretty copacetic lol The part where you're surrounded by LEGO walls while painting your car.

Edit: I have pics on here that I've taken of colors I've made there, but you'll have to find them. I make sure to take pics that shows off the flake, too.

Last edited:
Nope. You have to go inside and take the pics where you paint the cars there at the paint booth. Sorry if I didn't elaborate that before. I thought I was pretty copacetic lol The part where you're surrounded by LEGO walls while painting your car.

Edit: I have pics on here that I've taken of colors I've made there, but you'll have to find them. I make sure to take pics that shows off the flake, too.
I actually did try it at first, and I got that from your previous post so you were clear. The issue I run into there is the neutral lighting in the painting area makes it quite difficult to see the flake except at strange camera angles, and the colors look 'milky' on darker cars, almost like pastel or something. That's why I chose outside, I was more concerned with how well the flake came across in the highlights.

I actually did try it at first, and I got that from your previous post so you were clear. The issue I run into there is the neutral lighting in the painting area makes it quite difficult to see the flake except at strange camera angles, and the colors look 'milky' on darker cars, almost like pastel or something. That's why I chose outside, I was more concerned with how well the flake came across in the highlights.
I haven't had a problem with it. I mean, you could also wait until there's perfect lighting at your home. That's honestly what most of us do. Have you bought Bamburgh Castle? That's where @JaCor653 takes all of his pictures and where there's usually good lighting. Give that a try :)

I'm thinking about doing some truck colors like Mack or Peterbilt once I finish my Crayola colors. Don't know how I'm going to do the preview shots on the bigger vehicles in the game...

I'm thinking about doing some truck colors like Mack or Peterbilt once I finish my Crayola colors. Don't know how I'm going to do the preview shots on the bigger vehicles in the game...
The same way we all take pictures of the colors we make lol I've taken plenty of pics of big trucks/SUVs and uploaded them here :)

if any1 looking for colors to do found one from from porsche that hasent been done on paintref. been on the 911 turbo s exclusive edition... called goldgelb (golden yellow) this one is in metallic... its a pretty nice color.

2019-porsche-911-exclusive-convertible_2104.jpg

Last edited:
if any1 looking for colors to do found one from from porsche that hasent been done on paintref. been on a few recent 911s... called goldgelb (golden yellow) this one is in metallic... its a pretty nice color.

2019-porsche-911-exclusive-convertible_2104.jpg
I believe @JaCor653 already did that color but it's listed under another name. I could've sworn I seen him upload it here and add it to the chart.

@MadaraxUchiha nailed it. Any chance of Europa Blue Pearl, another VX220/Astra Coupe colour?

It doesn't photograph particularly accurately, so these two examples have the hint of indigo and purple present in the paint IRL and shows the variance of the pearl effect depending on different light.

13316117.jpg
cache.jpeg

And a picture of my old one in this colour.

FB_IMG_1587292401317.jpg

Latest Posts

Back