Forza Horizon 4: General Pre-Release News & Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,945 comments
Di9FOUtVAAAMgv2.jpg:large

Amazing to see the differences between seasons. I am looking forward to seeing comparison shots of all 4 seasons when the game launches.

I also wonder how it will feel to us once we start knowing the map since we never raced on an open world map with seasons. And apart from the visuals there is the effect on gameplay like the lake freezing over, mud drying up and snow/rain affecting handling and rivers drying up.

It will either all feel pretty much the same but just with different skins for the map, or it will remain feeling quite different because the visual queues are not the same.

For sure seasons is one of the main features I'm looking forward to in the game.

From the other thread on the route creator;

We'll share more on the Route Creator later, but to clarify: while you can only start a custom route at any of the existing routes' start locations (and there are loads of them), after that your route is basically wherever you can drive from that point-even far away from the start point, placing checkpoints along the way, adjusting the width of each as you place them. It can be a circuit or a point to point, and is not limited to using the existing road network. In truth, it gives you so much freedom that it's presenting a lot of navigation challenges for Drivatars, and a lot of resulting bugs for Playground to fix as they are finishing the game.

Source: https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postsm942220_Blueprint-and-Route-Creator.aspx#post_942220

Last edited:
Booted up FH3 yesterday for the first time in probably 6 months or so (and collected 10mil in credits too thanks to logging into the Forza Hub each week for FM7 :cool:) and had a blast, can't wait for FH4. Most excited for the houses, hopefully it's a bit like Test Drive Unlimited was. That is have a garage we can store a few cars at a time.

I also hope seasons can be changed on the fly if we so choose. Would be nice to be able to pick the season we want, maybe in some offline mode or something. Edit: Looks like this will be possible after all.

Last edited:
^ The “houses” are just driveway hubs, you cannot see the interior of the houses or garages. They are much the same as the Festival hubs in FH3, you can access your garage, Forzavista (on your driveway), tune your car etc.

Still I think the 12 houses are a great feature and it sounds much better than the 4 Festival hubs in FH3.

^ The “houses” are just driveway hubs, you cannot see the interior of the houses or garages. They are much the same as the Festival hubs in FH3, you can access your garage, Forzavista (on your driveway), tune your car etc.

Still I think the 12 houses are a great feature and it sounds much better than the 4 Festival hubs in FH3.
Shame. Not that I expected fully modeled interiors of the houses, but I at least thought the garage would be modeled so you can "work" on your car in the garage adding upgrades and stuff. Still, I like the idea of it.

Some soundtrack details are going to be announced today, looking forward to that segment! :)

That is one pretty ass game.

Edit: Yep, I'm in love.

Edit2: Looks like we have a Gymkhana course!

Some soundtrack details are going to be announced today, looking forward to that segment! :)

Please have Thrice on Epitaph, Playground. I beg to god. Palms comes out like a month before FH4. Just. do. it.

If this is 30fps, it's the smoothest example I've seen.

Lighting looks so much more natural now.

We're finally getting rid of the terrible concept version that's been in there since what, FM4?

I was enjoying Forza Battle Royale until the game crashed, F.

Jokes aside, survival seems to be a cool new spin on Infected.

Totally unrelated but I really want one of those PG mugs.

Edinburgh looks really nice.

Some FE cars are painted to look a bit like their racing counterpart, nice.

Last edited:
The Flat 2D map view doesn't do it justice, Edinburgh looked kinda meh when I first saw it on the map, but seeing it in game during the stream it looks amazing. I'll be spending a lot of time slow cruising around the city trying to find every little secret.

Back