Ireland
Codemasters (EA)
PJTierney
508eb49e-273f-4dfd-ac38-9e3a352d2e73.jpg

A place for painters, share your best works here :gtpflag:

Reposting this as I have done for previous games:

33342111246_0fd0cdd51c_c.jpg

Hello everyone.

Today I'd like to share with you all my workflow for (re)creating logos in Forza games. This is a method that a few veteran players may already know of but for those that don't here's a short guide.

----------

What you'll need:

• A Windows 10 PC and the Xbox app.
  • An application called Glass2K.
  • An Xbox One and your Forza game of choice.*

* If you're playing Forza Horizon 3 on Windows 10 this guide may change. I play on Xbox One so I'll be writing from that perspective. My screenshots are from that game but the editor is the same in Forza Motorsport 7 so these tips will still apply.

----------

What is Glass2K and why do I need it?

• Glass2K is a small application that allows you to change the transparency of your windows on any Windows PC.
  • We will be using this to create an overlapping screen so that we can work directly on top of a reference image.

----------

Step 1: Prepare your reference image.

• Choose a logo to replicate. For this guide I am using a retro Tic-Tac logo that I had already saved for another project.
  • There are many places to find images of logos that you want to replicate. Google is the obvious choice but you can also look up logo repositories like Brands of the World.
  • You will want an image that is reasonably high resolution, ideally around 700px tall at the very least. This will allow your Forza version to be more accurate when it comes to the smaller details.
  • Once you have your image ready, save it to the Desktop and open it.

iUsw390.png

----------

Step 2: Prepare your in-game editor.

• On your Forza game, go to where you create a new Vinyl Group. In Forza Horizon 3 the menu path is [Autoshow] >[Garage] > [Designs and Paints] > [Create Vinyl Group].
  • Press {RS} until you have a dark background with no gridlines.
  • On your PC, start up Glass2K if you haven't already.
  • On your PC go to your Xbox app and {Right Click} anywhere on the screen.
  • You should now see a box with a list of percentages. Choose somewhere between 50% and 80%, this will make your Xbox app window transparent, allowing you to see the logo from [Step 1] behind it (See first image below).
  • Still on the Xbox app, select [Game Streaming] and stream your Xbox One to your PC. Be sure to select the highest quality setting if you haven't already.
  • If your screen now looks like the second image below, you're ready to make your logo.

QfRhDk0.png

dZLuaXR.png

----------

Step 3: Create your logo in-game.

• There are no shortcuts for this, you'll need to use the various in-game Vinyl Shapes to make your logo. Every Forza painter has a different set of core shapes that they use to make everything, and you'll find your preferences the more you work with the tool.
  • During this step you should only use whites, blacks and grays for the various elements of the logo. We're focusing on shapes right now and not colour.
  • Using your reference image, try and get your ingame version as close to the real logo as possible. This will take varying amounts of time depending on the complexity of the logo and the experience of the painter. For reference, I've been a Forza painter for about 6 years, and a logo like this would take me about an hour to complete.
  • Once you've gotten the logo to a level of accuracy you're happy with, you can stop streaming from your PC and send your screen back to your Xbox One.

746hyWF.png

----------

Step 4: Apply accurate colours.

• Go to this website.
  • Upload your reference image from [Step 1].
  • Use the Eyedropper tool to pull various colour values from the image.
  • Back in Forza, select a group of layers that you wish to colour.
  • Open the colour picker and press {X} to open [Colour Fine Tune].
  • Input the values you obtained from the website.
  • Repeat the process for every colour in your logo.

2O08L71.png

----------

And there you have it, a simple method to guarantee you have the most accurate in-game versions of real-life logos possible.

I still don't consider myself that great at making full liveries, but I have improved a lot recently at making Vinyl Groups.
Every decal on this car and a few others I've made recently will be available in FH4 this weekend.

I still don't consider myself that great at making full liveries, but I have improved a lot recently at making Vinyl Groups.
Every decal on this car and a few others I've made recently will be available in FH4 this weekend.
Mobli 1! Keep it alive.

I'm not at all a quality logo maker, but I have shared some liveries on my creative hub. Things last seen in Horizon 2 in some cases.

Gamertag is motorforum

Copy/pasting pictures I took for the FM7 thread. Because these liveries are coming back!

Pikes Peak inspired livery for the Twerkstallion RX-7, a similar livery available for the regular FC.
29085352968_cafc1bf632_c.jpg

Ford Focus RS RX with a retro livery. Note, I updated the livery a bit after posting these pictures. The back fenders now have vinyls on them to blend with the rest of the back vinyls. There's now a Shell decal in words next to the sign. Comes with an alternate, green color.
43530219831_8e8af81115_c.jpg

42625285955_baf86debb2_c.jpg

This was just a random livery I thought of inspired again by WRC liveries on Fords in the 80s.
43532110651_f7e57ca153_c.jpg

The VW New Beetle GT livery from GT2. I'll eventually make this again for the 2017 Beetle GRC.
41827550580_c7293b474a_z.jpg

1995 Honda NSX-R LM #85
43587830382_d1b87a6195_z.jpg

Another GT2 racing modification replicated.
41832051060_5d3c7c0a7f_z.jpg

Gran Turismo 2 racing modification replica.
41832050100_edb64ed14b_z.jpg

Replica livery of the FC Mazda RX-7 GT-X Racing modifications from Gran Turismo 2. It comes in 4 colors.
42143369580_0d93c43c3a_c.jpg

Mazda RX-7 A-Spec LM from Gran Turismo 1 & 2.
30561791188_0e9226c33f_c.jpg

Mazda RX-7 GT-C LM from GT2.
43521479395_1636e4c4ca_c.jpg

Hmm, what even is the point of following a creator in the game anymore when you no longer see followed creators on the "Recommended" page? The only category there is "Popular".

Also, really not impressed with the decal resolution in FH4. You get the same fuzzy jagged decals from FH3 even with max settings on PC.

Hmm, what even is the point of following a creator in the game anymore when you no longer see followed creators on the "Recommended" page? The only category there is "Popular".

Also, really not impressed with the decal resolution in FH4. You get the same fuzzy jagged decals from FH3 even with max settings on PC.

@JONK1969 Is the lower livery resolution a bug or intended?

Most of the stuff coming back from previous games, and a few new ones:

RACE CARS

1986 Audi S1 quattro #2 HB Audi Team

XxZaOTt.jpg

1994 Bugatti EB110 SS #34 Le Mans

7Ejambl.jpg

1985 MG Metro 6R4 #15 Rallye San Remo

vdmmqa.jpg

FULL LIVERIES

1988 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS

17co5k.jpg

1985 HDT Commodore SS Group A

1oQWhAL.jpg

1997 Lamborghini Diablo SV

bnyQRoi.jpg

MOVIE/TV REPLICAS

1965 Austin Mini Cooper Mr. Bean

31111788808_d7ad787ccb_h.jpg

1999 BMW Z8 James Bond

44265353274_d04e1df0f6_h.jpg

1981 Citroën 2CV 6 James Bond

31111790938_7dfee43092_h.jpg

2012 Jeep Wrangler Jurassic Park #18

30054559757_f7263c30b9_h.jpg

2012 Mercedes-Benz G 65 AMG #7 Jurassic World

33mprhl.jpg

1962 Peel P50 Top Gear

44079110345_38d3b2db4a_h.jpg

OTHER LIVERIES

2011 Ford Transit TDCi DHL Delivery Van

43172665370_0e70c38546_h.jpg

Dinnae feel right to be racing in Scotland without the IRN-BRU colors... So, there you have it, my first livery made from scratch in Forza Horizon 4.

-

I can’t paint at all but I have a request. :)

There's no way there aren't already a billion and a half replicas of that! I'll look into it and see if I can whip up a decent one, but no promises, that cursive looks nasty (which may explain why there aren't already a billion and a half replicas of that, now that I think of it).

Made something for the 1965 Mustang. Server issues are preventing me from uploading my Designs and Vinyl groups at the moment, but as soon as I can I'll be uploading this design and all the individual decals it uses.

All of the video content is in-game, a combination of Rewind, Replay and Drone Mode :)

Captions and letterboxing are done in After Effects.

I would like to have a proper "director mode" however; Driver did it back in 1999 :scared:

Unfortunately, a malicious player who shares livery or vinyl group unlocked with FH3 etc. has already appeared in FH4.
I can not post their gamertag to this thread.
However, if you find unlocked livery or vinyl group, please send mail to forzafb@microsoft.com.
(It is better to attach a screenshot of the original data and unlocked data.)
They will check the mail and punish the user who made the misconduct. This method is more reliable and faster than Xbox Live reporting system.

Note: Please check the original creators and only report data that was confirmed to be unlocked. There is a possibility that a user who is not conducting cheating may be punished. And they need evidence to punish users who are cheating.

Unfortunately, a malicious player who shares livery or vinyl group unlocked with FH3 etc. has already appeared in FH4.
I can not post their gamertag to this thread.
However, if you find unlocked livery or vinyl group, please send mail to forzafb@microsoft.com.
(It is better to attach a screenshot of the original data and unlocked data.)
They will check the mail and punish the user who made the misconduct. This method is more reliable and faster than Xbox Live reporting system.

Note: Please check the original creators and only report data that was confirmed to be unlocked. There is a possibility that a user who is not conducting cheating may be punished. And they need evidence to punish users who are cheating.
Is this person stealing newly-created designs from other players, or could they possibly be taking ones from older titles and importing them?

Is this person stealing newly-created designs from other players, or could they possibly be taking ones from older titles and importing them?
All that I confirmed was unlocked from either FH3, FM5, FM7 and imported.
Unlocking of newly created data with FH4 has not yet been confirmed.

(I'm friends with the original creators and I have confirmed that their data was unlocked on FH3/FM7. Also, users currently sharing those unlocked data with FH4 do similar actions in FH3 and FM7, and are reported to the Turn 10.)

Back