Forza Horizon 4 Season 5 Update Now Available: Returning Mitsubishis, New Events and More

Patch notes, care of Nitro Glitter:

We're constantly working to improve the experience in Forza Horizon 4. Below you will find a summary of items fixed or improved upon in this Content Update.

Version Number
PC: 1.239.620.2

Xbox: 1.239.622.0

New Features
Free-For-All Adventure

This update adds a brand-new way to play Online Adventure, where players compete individually. Available in both Ranked and Unranked modes, this new game mode can be found in the Online Adventure tab, replacing “Anything Goes”.

Cross Platform fixes
  • Added Racing Series, Creator and Title filters to Event Blueprint searching.
  • Added the ability to view all the eligible cars for a Trial or Seasonal Championship.
  • Resolved issue where Drivatar names could be duplicated in events.
  • Fixed issue where a certain tune on the Forza Edition Caterham would cause graphical issues.
  • Fixed a bug where changing units to metric caused issues with the route length indicator during route creation.
  • Fixed an issue where turning off rewind in difficulty menu would prevent users from being able to rewind during route creation.
  • Fixed an issue where disabling car lights would not also disable the reverse lights.
  • Fixed an issue where flipped or snapped elements on an imported livery would unflip if ungrouped.
  • Fixed visual issues caused by Santa outfit and Reindeer nose.
  • Prevented damage being applied to player car when restarting British Racing Green: Chapter 10.
  • Improved visibility of Street Race event finish lines.
  • Fixed issue where downloading your own design via Creative Hub or the curated designs menu would not allow you to edit it.
  • Fixed an issue where leaving and rejoining a convoy during a #Forzathon Live event would allow users to collide with each other when they shouldn’t.
  • Fixed an issue where passing through a Danger Sign twice in quick succession would cause all other PR stunts to stop working.
  • Fixed an issue where Drivatars could win a co-op Seasonal Championship, despite scoring fewer points.
  • Fixed an issue where the Speed Trap near the train bridge could be exploited.
  • Fixed an issue where invalid performance ranges could be displayed on event flyers.
  • Fixed an issue where player prestige level would not be shown in pre-race leaderboards in Online Adventure.
  • Improvements to stutters.
  • Various stability improvements.
  • The 'Carlton' and 'Floss' avatar emotes are no longer available.
PC Fixes
  • No PC specific fixes.
Xbox Fixes
  • No Xbox specific fixes.
Wheel Fixes
  • Fixed issue where Average Slip Damper was not working on wheels that required inverse FFB.
  • Fixed issue where center spring in FFB would remain on while in the air.
  • Fixed issue where spring effect would trigger when driving through water, even if set to OFF
  • Improved rumble and FFB feedback on wheels.
  • Fixed an issue with the UI for the Thrustmaster T150, where buttons were displaying incorrectly.
  • Fixed issue where controller mappings for a second device were not being saved.
  • Fixed an issue with the Thrustmaster TS WX Racer competition mod, where setting the steering Axis Deadzone Outside to below 50 made it impossible to drive the car.

First impressions of Free-For-All: welcome to the Bone Shaker Wall-Riding Championship!

The people that I raced with were for the most part, decent enough though...with less people running into each other on purpose at least. Though the groups seemed pretty decently fast, and thus, good (perhaps better than normal).

First impressions of Free-For-All: welcome to the Bone Shaker Wall-Riding Championship!

The people that I raced with were for the most part, decent enough though...with less people running into each other on purpose at least. Though the groups seemed pretty decently fast, and thus, good (perhaps better than normal).

I played a bit, and the groups seemed much cleaner, with lots of club tags (and pretty big ones too). I think you'll see the FFA hopper attract higher quality players, whereas less talented drivers might like the team format, because it isn't necessarily all about them having to win races.

Didn't really see many Bone Shakers, but I really don't see what the fuss is about them anyway. They are certainly a good choice for A class, but I routinely pass them in other cars regardless.

Surprising Mitsubishi steals the 992 headline. I guess its good to have Mitsubishi back but... come on. Its Mitsubishi. The addition of the 992 is the biggest Forza news for me personally since the release of FH4. Seeing this brand new, beautiful car so early ingame is amazing. Those old Mitsubishis have been in all kinds of racing games for ages. But to each their own i guess. And dont get mad, im a Stuttgart fanboy.

Surprising Mitsubishi steals the 992 headline. I guess its good to have Mitsubishi back but... come on. Its Mitsubishi. The addition of the 992 is the biggest Forza news for me personally since the release of FH4. Seeing this brand new, beautiful car so early ingame is amazing. Those old Mitsubishis have been in all kinds of racing games for ages. But to each their own i guess. And dont get mad, im a Stuttgart fanboy.

I guess the big difference is that we thought we'd lost Mitsubishi forever possibly. The deal that Porsche has with Forza really makes a new Porsche coming in not seem like a huge stretch. Like, we knew it would come around eventually.

What a very huge update, 12 new cars, plus the return of Mitsubishi (for a total of 19), and all the other bells and whistles. This is already as close you can get to a new expansion.

Those old Mitsubishis have been in all kinds of racing games for ages.

The irony being the 992 still looks the same as basically every 911 before it. Although then there's the counter-irony of most of those Mitsubishis having the same 4G36, I guess. Still, 7 free cars > 1 free car.

But to each their own i guess. And dont get mad, im a Stuttgart fanboy.
Same here, but nothing wrong with the return of Mitsubishi stealing the spotlight for now. Perhaps they will release an article on the 992 when the car becomes available in the game?

Though, I am a sucker for road cars pretending to be rally cars, so the Evos are a very welcome return. I almost forgot the 911 was coming out soon. :lol:

Can anyone offer any advice on how to reach 3 stars in the skill score for level 7 of Isha's Taxis? I can only seem to manage around 170,000 and that's with a chain that lasts for the entire time limit. I'm drifting, jumping, getting wrecks etc. the entire time but the score never seems to go very high :confused: It doesn't help that the taxi is bloody awful to drive and there are trees absolutely everywhere

Can anyone offer any advice on how to reach 3 stars in the skill score for level 7 of Isha's Taxis? I can only seem to manage around 170,000 and that's with a chain that lasts for the entire time limit. I'm drifting, jumping, getting wrecks etc. the entire time but the score never seems to go very high :confused: It doesn't help that the taxi is bloody awful to drive and there are trees absolutely everywhere
Since the car has no skill perks the multiplier caps out at 5x. That means that once you've hit the cap, the most important thing you can do is earn big point skills. One thing I'd suggest is to make sure you're drifting when you hit things because the 1,000 points for each Sideswipe skill add up quickly.

The 992 isn’t available in-game yet with the update, so there really isn’t much to say about it until later in the week.

Since the car has no skill perks the multiplier caps out at 5x. That means that once you've hit the cap, the most important thing you can do is earn big point skills. One thing I'd suggest is to make sure you're drifting when you hit things because the 1,000 points for each Sideswipe skill add up quickly.

Ooh, sideswiping things is a good idea, I had totally forgotten about that. Thanks!

@ShakesMcQueen

I do think that it is cleaner, a bit. And they are generally higher quality.

In A Class anyway, you have a pretty limited car selection: Bone Shaker, Shelby Daytona, and a couple others that may/may not be close like the 22B and Quattro. I disagree that they aren't OP in A class, they are.

The 992 isn’t available in-game yet with the update, so there really isn’t much to say about it until later in the week.

This is one thing that irks me about the DLC strategy for this game. Forza staff writes some nicely on-point summaries whenever a car pack is released, but the weekly distribution in FH4 more or less ended this tradition as if there’s no big deal anymore.

This is one thing that irks me about the DLC strategy for this game. Forza staff writes some nicely on-point summaries whenever a car pack is released, but the weekly distribution in FH4 more or less ended this tradition as if there’s no big deal anymore.

Agreed. From a journalist perspective, it's a huge PITA that there's no official images of each weekly drop. We manage with in-game shots of our own (as well as all the great content from the GTP community, across all games), especially with that improved Photo Mode, but it's still not the same.

Head into the flower beds near a sort of cafe/pavilion slightly forward and left of your starting position. Just drift around in there as you'll score landscaping bonus points, hit plenty of the knee height wooden barriers in that area too for wreckage bonuses. As has been pointed out, if you do it while drifting you can get the sideswipe bonus too.

Head into the flower beds near a sort of cafe/pavilion slightly forward and left of your starting position. Just drift around in there as you'll score landscaping bonus points, hit plenty of the knee height wooden barriers in that area too for wreckage bonuses. As has been pointed out, if you do it while drifting you can get the sideswipe bonus too.

Thanks for the advice. I just lost a 30,000 x5.0 score because I hit a bench at a funny angle. :mad:

Last edited:
I got it first try by heading to the spot where there's a ton of pink flowers everywhere, and just sliding around sideways. You'll incidentally hit enough benches, fences, and light posts, along with the flowers themselves, to get the requires score.

Back