Forza Horizon 4 Season Change: AMG Ploughs Through Winter

I do like the Winter season, although the Hot Hatch Championship on Fortune nearly drove me insane :crazy: It took me 10 attempts with at least 6 different cars and a variety of tunes before I was able to place higher than 6th in any of the races....didn't help that the AI would be miles quicker than me in the same car. Managed in the end with the VW R32 with a 1st, 1st and 3rd. At least Fortune has new events...Lego only has the Co-Op event as a new one...the rest are all ones from previous weeks....doesn't even have a PR stunt to do this time around.

The one thing that annoys me about Winter though is that, frequently, the AIs drive as if there is no snow or ice....so many times I have seen a front-wheel drive car out-accelerate a 4-wheel drive car coming out of a corner.

The Mainland events were relatively simple (haven't done the Trial yet though): My trusty Morris Traveller won the vans event, despite it's lack of straight line speed; the 1960s Ford GT (the one with the number at the front of it's name, rather than the standard edition) gave me the classic racers championship (the standard GT40s pushed me all the way) and the Lotus Evora for the other Championship (it lacks in straight-line speed but is mighty in the turns and under braking). The PR events were done with the Mosler and the Jeep Trailcat (couldn't get the Mosler to enough speed in the speed zone...Winter slowed it down some, even if i do run a Winter set-up on it)

The PR events were done with the Mosler and the Jeep Trailcat (couldn't get the Mosler to enough speed in the speed zone...Winter slowed it down some, even if i do run a Winter set-up on it)
I did it with the Mosler, but it did take me 4 tries, I think. You can cut across the terrain off the track/path quite a bit without failing the speed zone, so the key is to straighten it out by cutting across the inside of each apex.

I did it with the Mosler, but it did take me 4 tries, I think. You can cut across the terrain off the track/path quite a bit without failing the speed zone, so the key is to straighten it out by cutting across the inside of each apex.

Yeah...I tried half a dozen times with cutting as much as I could but just couldn't get the last 5mph...changed to the Jeep and got it first time!

I upgraded my stock Trailcat to S2 912 from a posted tune and scraped it by 95.15mph. Job jobbed.

Drives better than my 1000hp one I've been using for a while, which is just too bouncy.

I did PR stunts with Hoonigan RS200. I even ended up improving my PB on speed zone, breaking into top 10%, and I did it going uphill.

If you own DLC, the Shelby Monaco King Cobra is one of the best cars for PR stunts in all seasons.
I have upgraded this car to an X-Class and have basically done all the seasonal PR stunts with this car without even changing the tuning.

@breeminator Nice one....I probably could have got it eventually if I'd persisted..might have to give it another go just to prove to myself that I can do it.

Edit: Managed 97mph in that speed zone with the Mosler...had loads of back-to-back runs as the Forzathon was running on it so got into a rythm

Last edited:
How is Snowrunner? I’m think of pulling the trigger tonight/tomorrow.

If you played Mudrunner on console, it's like a properly fleshed out version of that game. If you hadn't played the first one, it's slow, methodical and really pleasing for it. Watching the suspension react to the surface, which is deforming under weight, is so utterly satisfying.

Latest Posts

Back