Forza Horizon 4 Season Change: Cosmopolitan Autumn

Less whiny version of what I wanted to say: Too many locked cars, not enough Autoshow buyables!

I dont mind cars being "exclusive" to begin with, it encourages people to play continuously to get the new content.

Though I think a better scenario might be to add cars to the autoshow after a certain period (maybe 6 months).

Less whiny version of what I wanted to say: Too many locked cars, not enough Autoshow buyables!

At least every car is obtainable. In previous Forza's the so-called "unicorn cars" would only come up once and that's it. No Auction House or anything. FH4 makes it fun because you always have a reason to play.

And cars like this one take literally only three easy races to win. Less than 10 minutes. If you miss it, it's on you. And still, you'll be able to find it shortly after in the Auction House, or the Forzathon shop.

At least every car is obtainable. In previous Forza's the so-called "unicorn cars" would only come up once and that's it. No Auction House or anything. FH4 makes it fun because you always have a reason to play.

And cars like this one take literally only three easy races to win. Less than 10 minutes. If you miss it, it's on you. And still, you'll be able to find it shortly after in the Auction House, or the Forzathon shop.

No worries, I understand all that, but when some insanatic a...-muffin sells a car worth less than 100k for 8,192,000 on the auction house, you begin to wonder how to make enough credits for that.

Sorry for the bad language here but the price players can set their cars at in the auction house is broken. I know it's got to do with rarity but even then, a GMC Typhoon for 8,192,000?

Last edited:
I have all the exclusive cars, but agree with your opinion.

One of the main problems is that the requirement to play regularly for the cars is counter-intuitive and reduces my motivation to play the game, but above all, the biggest problem for me is that I don't know when I will have the chance to get them again.

Probably more than 50% of my garage is exclusive cars.
But some of them are models that I would never have bought if they were available on Autoshow.
And it is even more tragic when my favorite car is an exclusive car. What if I want to apply a different tune or livery and it's not available for purchase on AH?
With that in mind, I have a number of such cars sitting in my garage.
(*My style of play is not to apply different tunes and liveries to the same car every time, but to own several of the same model and apply different tunes and liveries to each of them.)

If they had at least added these cars to the auto show after a certain period of time, my garage could have been more compact.

The FH5 is rumored to be announced soon and I hope with the FH5 they will modify the current system to be better for the users.

Last edited:
And it is even more tragic when my favorite car is an exclusive car. What if I want to apply a different tune or livery and it's not available for purchase on AH?
With that in mind, I have a number of such cars sitting in my garage.
(*My style of play is not to apply different tunes and liveries to the same car every time, but to own several of the same model and apply different tunes and liveries to each of them.)

Yep. My kingdom for a second Monte Carlo...

No worries, I understand all that, but when some insanatic a...-muffin sells a car worth less than 100k for 8,192,000 on the auction house, you begin to wonder how to make enough credits for that.

Sorry for the bad language here but the price players can set their cars at in the auction house is broken. I know it's got to do with rarity but even then, a GMC Typhoon for 8,192,000?

The prices are really not based in the real world, but in-game currency. The higher the demand, the higher the price.

Getting to a point where money is not a problem is a bit difficult, given the grindy nature of the game. But it isn't too difficult. Here's my suggestion:

Farm Forzathon points. These are much more valuable than you imagine. Get the Lakeveiw Mannor which doubles your point gain. Always do the Forzathon challenge which will give you an easy 400 points. Always do the Gorzathon live events. They take anywhere between 5 and 10 minutes and with the bonus you'll be earning like 120 points. Buy all the Forzathon shop cars every week and sell them at the auction house. If you're lucky you'll even fetch a couple of millions for these.

Keep doing Forzathon live, challenges every week and also get prize cars even if you have them, so you can make some money with them.

Create long tracks and events with lots of laps, unbeatable difficulty and no assists and you'll be earning a few hundred thousand per race.

Rinse and repeat all this and in a few weeks you'll be way over 50 million guaranteed. At one point you'll have more money than you will spend.

@SomeGamer2021 no doubt the way it works now is dumb - it's supposed to keep people playing but all it really seems to do is irritate new players, meanwhile if you've been playing long enough that you have hundreds of millions of credits it's barely an incentive at all, and then there's the fact that there are very, very few reasons to actually use the new cars instead of your established favourites so if you're not just hoarding the cars purely because you want to, there are very few reasons to keep playing.

I'm sure the "hard to find" car system (which is what "new exclusive" cars become after their first appearance) made sense back when there was just a handful of them, I mean I've been playing since day one but that seems like such a long time ago and I've forgotten how the hard to find cars thing started, but there are so many now that it seems like if you started playing FH4 today you probably wouldn't actually be able to unlock all the cars before the next game came out because of their artificial scarcity. That must be annoying.

Then again, the game is designed to be open for all and not discriminatory towards players who can't drive, which painted the devs into a corner because it means the only thing a player needs to invest is time (I guess you might need to learn to drift too if you want to unlock everything), but there will be a point where people inevitably get bored, so what do you do to keep it interesting? The answer is (usually) half-baked features like Super Seven that most people play enough to get the two exclusive cars and then go back to whatever they were doing before.

Back