Forza Horizon 4 Season Change: Rallying Through Summer

I just realized they are adding two Celicas. I love the ST205, but the ST185 is my all-time favorite. Also, they are adding the Ford Puma!!

upload_2020-5-7_17-36-0.png

I was saying to myself: "wth is this?" then i realized i didn't update the game lol, it had never happened before, just a noob passing by, thx for your attention.

PSA regarding eligible cars for the Trial - the game doesn't explain this at all. Thanks to ManteoMax on the official forum for this info.

"Microcar Mayhem:
1968 Abarth 595 esseesse
1958 Austin-Healey Sprite MkI
1957 BMW Isetta 300 Export
1948 Ferrari 166MM Barchetta
1971 Lotus Elan Sprint
1971 Meyers Manx
1965 MINI Cooper S
2014 Morgan 3 Wheeler
1965 Peel Trident
1962 Peel P50
1960 Porsche 718 RS 60
1955 Porsche 550A Spyder
1972 Reliant Supervan III"

Those are the cars you can use, and you can tune to C 600 (which you would expect from the info the game provides).

It just makes for pretty dull racing when most people and AI are in the stock 166MM, though maybe I should just use that myself instead!

The 1960 Porsche 718 RS 60 is a "Microcar Mayhem" class car, but can't be used since it's has a PI of A716. You should try the 166MM. It's quite capable an fun in stock too.
Edit: They really missed the opportunity of making a stock Reliant Trial.

Last edited:
I was saying to myself: "wth is this?" then i realized i didn't update the game lol, it had never happened before, just a noob passing by, thx for your attention.
The amount of post on the Forza subreddit asking why their playlist is wrong every single time a new series starts is painful. I want to see discussion on the new series, but got to wade through a sea of Photomode and people that didn't update.

However and interesting note this time, There are actual placeholder seasonal events on the playlist. Usually the playlist would just be empty. Perhaps preparing for when FH4 does eventually stop getting monthly updates.

The amount of post on the Forza subreddit asking why their playlist is wrong every single time a new series starts is painful. I want to see discussion on the new series, but got to wade through a sea of Photomode and people that didn't update.

However and interesting note this time, There are actual placeholder seasonal events on the playlist. Usually the playlist would just be empty. Perhaps preparing for when FH4 does eventually stop getting monthly updates.
I know this post wasn't quoted from me, but I find the last bit to be rather interesting. Do you think it means we're getting close to FM8 as we speak? If there are placeholders for the next seasonal events in the future, could that mean FH4 is starting to reach its end-of-life cycle to make way for the next Forza Motorsport and Turn 10?

If that is the case...
sense.gif

Probably, We have been expecting for a while that the next Motorsport game would likely release around the time of the Series X. Meaning we will likely see an official reveal at the Microsoft event in July. My guess is that FH4 will start winding down on new content with a final update later this year to help push the New Motorsport game.

Personally I think it would be cool to have a transition period where FH4 gets some proper racecars in anticipation of FM8's release. Ease Horizon players into Motorsport by bringing some of the Racecars in FM8 to Horizon, with a series themed around proper racing leagues.

Everybody should check out their calendars and count the weeks when the next two Forza Monthly streams go live. Trust me, you all will be surprised. I think PG planned it all along maybe(?):D

Right now, this week is summer right? So next week is autumn. Then it's winter and later spring. Repeat this process then BOOM! The second Forza Monthly will be on the same week as Microsoft's event on July 1st, which is on a Wednesday.

*Slowly getting excited* And, and T10 might show up on stream to make some sort of announcement! *v*

Okay that last bit, not really. But it would be cool though. Just imagine it! :)

Probably, We have been expecting for a while that the next Motorsport game would likely release around the time of the Series X. Meaning we will likely see an official reveal at the Microsoft event in July. My guess is that FH4 will start winding down on new content with a final update later this year to help push the New Motorsport game.

Personally I think it would be cool to have a transition period where FH4 gets some proper racecars in anticipation of FM8's release. Ease Horizon players into Motorsport by bringing some of the Racecars in FM8 to Horizon, with a series themed around proper racing leagues.
That would be awesome, and needs to happen! Annnnnd suddenly I'm starting to feel excited thinking about it. Can you also imagine the 1000 Club making a return to FH4 to tide us over until FM8 launches? The possibilities!
( *,*)

Toko you are to hyped up. I'm really concerned your heart won't make it when FM8 trailer rolls out. ;)
Hahaha! :D Watch out for when I post a Faint.gif once the trailer for FM8 comes out. :) Man, I'm just so crazy excited!! Everyday I think about it, and how it will show off rallycross and the return of the fantasy tracks (Forza Lore Tracks now) like Fujimi Kaido and hopefully all the others! :D

I'm also looking forward to see how FM8 lighting, colour pallet and graphics will look after T10's presentation at GDC as well. Hope it looks incredible, better than FM7's dull lighting and dry colours.

Last edited:

I didn't know that. Well, that's reasonable. I think Forza Horizon 4 will stop updating by 2021. ouchie.

I'm also looking forward to see how FM8 lighting, colour pallet and graphics will look after T10's presentation at GDC as well. Hope it looks incredible, better than FM7's dull lighting and dry colours.
I'm expecting it to look about the same as FH4 looks on a current high end PC, as you can reasonably run FH4 in 4k 120fps with a GPU that has similar TFLOPS to what the Series X will have. IMO FH4 already looks pretty incredible on a high end PC, so yes, I'd say FM8 should look incredible.

I'm expecting it to look about the same as FH4 looks on a current high end PC, as you can reasonably run FH4 in 4k 120fps with a GPU that has similar TFLOPS to what the Series X will have. IMO FH4 already looks pretty incredible on a high end PC, so yes, I'd say FM8 should look incredible.
Ahh yeah! This is what I also expect for FM8 as well! 👍 Thinking about it is making me excited!

Back