Forza Horizon 4 Season Change: Rotary Spring Chicken

:drool:

Edit: As usual, the RX-7 sounds like garbage - the interior view sounds like a 4 cylinder. That leaves the Spirit R RX-7 as the only rotary powered vehicle in the game to actually...sound like a rotary.

Last edited:
rx7FB.jpg

It's a nice little car. But yeah, I agree with @Eunos_Cosmo. Ever since Forza 7 (or 6, I can't recall), they've been putting too much intake rumble on rotaries. They sound like piston engines in the cockpit cam. The Spirit R Type A is the only one that sounds good.

View attachment 943162

It's a nice little car. But yeah, I agree with @Eunos_Cosmo. Ever since Forza 7 (or 6, I can't recall), they've been putting too much intake rumble on rotaries. They sound like piston engines in the cockpit cam. The Spirit R Type A is the only one that sounds good.

Yep that's exactly it, rotaries have basically zero bass from the intake unless the engine has ITBs. It's sad because the FH3 rendition of the FC3S RX-7 was near-perfect. For reference Forza 4's first gen sounded better...

Though the actual quality of that audio is absolutely appalling, it's at least more or less accurate (well, no stock GSL-SE ever sounded that loud, but its in the ballpark). FH4 isn't much better in quality, and way off in accuracy.

Back