Forza Horizon 4 Season Change: Summer's Easter Surprises

The posts at FM forums I find most useful are ManteoMax's weekly season update posts.

The problem in arguing with idiots is that first they drag you down to their own level and then they beat you with their experience. Better to just keep my mouth shut and not taking a chance on getting any kind of ban. Thanks guys!

Well, I didn't expect to unlock the Porsche! pretty cool machine. It's actually naturally aspirated, with only 400hp, but it handles like a dream. I'm crossing fingers that the next unlock is the old Supra.

The posts at FM forums I find most useful are ManteoMax's weekly season update posts.

The problem in arguing with idiots is that first they drag you down to their own level and then they beat you with their experience. Better to just keep my mouth shut and not taking a chance on getting any kind of ban. Thanks guys!
I made a pretty lengthy post on the forums about not enjoying the way the cars are locked and got a nice discussion going with varying opinions.

The forums are a shell of their former self, but all isn’t gone. I do miss the 2008-2012 forums.

I have found this event quite weird. After struggling with the event for the first 3 attempts, I found a tune for the Baja (the official forum was quite helpful) and won The Trial at the first attempt with it (though the second event was a PITA). I joined a club after that win and have taken part in the Trial about 6 times with people who are, frankly, have much more ability than me yet they are struggling (even with the same car and tune as me)...the last 3 runthroughs (9 events), I won 8 and got a second while the better players struggled to get onto the podium.

Not sure if it's driving style, controller/wheel set-up or just pure luck that I stumbled onto a tune that is perfect for me....just not sure I should be winning using a controller with default set-up (auto gears and A button for accelerate) versus non-default (manual gears and triggers for accelerate etc), especially when those others have been playing for a lot longer than me. Unless of course as I use auto, it allows me to focus solely on car positioning etc. Anyway, just found it weird is all

Rant warning! The seasonal Trial is utter garbage this time. The AI is overpowered and there are people showing up in untuned cars, and don't have the decency to quit when they see they can't keep up with the rest. I don't know what they are thinking, but the AI ain't gonna park on side of the road and wait these tail-end Charlies to pass by. From now on, if I see someone show up untuned, I'm not going to waste my time by letting them drag me down. Rant over.
Not only that, but your team mates shoot you out of the race consistently and I was sadly the best chance for them to win.

Soapboxracer, I feel your frustration mate. This trial is so much pure unadulterated BS that in the end, I gave up. Tried the Alumi, Maverick, JCW Buggy, tuned, untuned, AWD, RWD, you name it. Had my foot to the floor wherever possible but miraculously the AI seem to float on air especially when directly going through fences, bushes, brick walls etc. Or going uphill. You slow down and they just whizz right past you.
Yes, the AI is magically strong in this event. Did it with the VW buggy where I sacraficed everything to speed except AWD and thinnest rally tires in the tune, but couldn't catch them even in slipstream and going through their holes in obstacles. Finally I did it in JCW buggy when I got lucky and was assigned to a team with capable drivers. The JCW buggy also protects you from rammers and makes you come out on top :D If anyone is interested, my ID is DeliriousRex5.

Looks like I'll have to miss the 50% completion for the Corvette this season as The Trial and Summer Games are not my cup of tea. I don't mind The Trial normally but this week it's way over the top and Summer/Autumn/Winter/Spring Games are annoying as hell. Particularly when you're lucky enough to be put into a team of good players and halfway through the b-stard crashes and it disconnects you. Don't fancy playing Russian Roulette and seeing when and if I'll join a half decent team.
The whole concept of "tag you're it" is just not fun for me. After all, this is supposed to be a racing game, not a destruction derby game.

Fortunately, I can't stand drifting so it's not like I'd use the Corvette much anyway. I'll eventually get it from the Auction House when the price is right. On the other hand, next week I will be doing absolutely everything to get the E63 S AMG.

I had trouble with the Trials no matter what car I used until I downgraded my '69 VW Baja to B class, used this recommended tune: B|700 NEW, DaddyBee42, B700.

Right from the start your car should catch up to the AI, they'll make mistakes and you should be in top 3. Of course, if the team isn't helping, then you aren't gonna win at all. Finally beat the trial when some competent racers showed up and it was nail biting. At the last race, some quit, one of the good racers crashed, so it was just me in 2nd and another in like 6th. The "good" racer quit, so now only 2 of us. Race ended and we actually won. The less players, the more points your finish is. I guess "thanks for quitting". lol

Back