Forza Horizon 4 Season Change: Supercharged Spring Slides

Why can't I sell that drift Ferrari? It always gives me a network error. I have no use for it.
That error is given for cars that they have banned from being sold in the AH, e.g. it happens if you try to sell any PO cars now. So that suggests they have banned it from being sold in the AH for some reason.

If anyone wants a good car for the Trial, the Lotus Eleven is excellent for it. I realise that as it's the prize car, some people might not have it, as they might be doing the Trial to try to win it! It has been available a number of times before, though. I've shared a tune for it called "Lotus Trial" that I used to get 100th place on the Cotswolds Super Sprint (race 2 in the Trial) leaderboard, which is the fastest Lotus time apart from the cheat time at number 1. It's AWD and easy to drive.

I used my trusty Lotus Exige S for the Trial as it was already tuned for 800....not the fastest on the straights but is mighty in the corners and for acceleration.

For the rest:

Ferrari Rocher: Used the ATS GT after failing miserably with one of the Lambos...tuned to 900 it's a sweet car to drive...quick and sticks to the road.

Highly Sprung: Can't remember offhand what I completed it with

Old Habits Die Hard: Used a tuned Bugatti 35.....the car is slower than the other cars like the Napier an Merc on the straights, by some margin at times but the combination of acceleration and sheer grip in the corners makes up for it. The event is, honestly, too easy when using the Bugatti

Spring Games: I used the Peugeot 205 for this one....with the tune I had it takes a bit to get going but is mighty quick when it is rolling and handles the hills well

PR STunts: As usual, I used my Mosler for this event...I used a WInter & Offroad tune and the 3 were easy to complete.

APart from the Ferrari event, they were all fairly easy.....they were still fun though, especially the Vintage racers one

finished all seasonal events in just a couple of hours, only annoying one was chapter four of the weekly.
I’ve been waiting for that ferrari evo since I started playing forza last month and read it’s the fastest car in the game. It’s a top speed monster so far I’ve gotten it to 303 mph.
Out of all of the 498 of my cars the next closest being the Rimac concept at around 260 with full drag tuning

I used my trusty Lotus Exige S for the Trial as it was already tuned for 800....not the fastest on the straights but is mighty in the corners and for acceleration.
Doesn't sound ideal for Goliath? Having said that, there's no need for an ideal tune. You can beat the AI with a time around the 11 minute mark. In the Lotus Eleven I did 10:30 in the Trial, and that resulted in no AI or other human finishing before the 30 second timeout. I just figure when sharing a tune that the bigger the margin I can win by, the easier it is for someone slower to win at all. I'm not aware of any significantly quicker AWD options, but Rayne SE has shared a RWD Esprit that he has done 10:17 for the Trial with.

For Old Habits Die Hard I picked up a cheap Bentley in the auction house and put a random tune on it. AWD made it absolutely unbeatable in corners and under brakes but pretty average in a straight line. Thankfully its cornering strength managed to gap the AI so I won all three races. Was going to sell the Bentley on the AH after winning the Regera but I'm keeping it for the time being as it sounds hard as nails and corners like it shouldn't

I've already got a KTM GT4 so my main aim for this season was to get my hands on Fiorella and the Regera..

Doesn't sound ideal for Goliath? Having said that, there's no need for an ideal tune. You can beat the AI with a time around the 11 minute mark. In the Lotus Eleven I did 10:30 in the Trial, and that resulted in no AI or other human finishing before the 30 second timeout. I just figure when sharing a tune that the bigger the margin I can win by, the easier it is for someone slower to win at all. I'm not aware of any significantly quicker AWD options, but Rayne SE has shared a RWD Esprit that he has done 10:17 for the Trial with.

Yeah, the straights definitely is an issue...however, I was not beaten by any of the AIs in that event....you can make up enough ground in the corners to counter the lack of straight line speed..plus some good old-fashioned blocking! Some people may struggle if they are not used to the car as they may not realise how much you can push through the turns, however, I use the car a lot for online 800 Street races so I know it's limits. It's likely there's a tune that increases it's speed without sacrificing too much turning ability but this was the first tune I downloaded and haven't found the need to change it. NO idea what times I do in it but might try later just to see

I used my tuned trusty AWD Exige S as well :D. At Goliath, I came in so early, that no one else behind me finished the race. The Playground event was a pain in the ... though. Took 5-6 retries before I was put together with capable players.

I used my tuned trusty AWD Exige S as well :D. At Goliath, I came in so early, that no one else behind me finished the race. The Playground event was a pain in the ... though. Took 5-6 retries before I was put together with capable players.

Nice. I had the opposite experience with PG event...luckily I did it with a convoy of 5 club mates. We entered and came up against a team of 2 low level players...they gamely persisted with the events even though we were easily beating them....did it again the next day with some more clu mates and the entire opposing team dropped out after 1 event so that went even quicker :lol: I usually avoid PG games as I am pretty useless at them so it was a nice experience for once

Nice. I had the opposite experience with PG event...luckily I did it with a convoy of 5 club mates. We entered and came up against a team of 2 low level players...they gamely persisted with the events even though we were easily beating them....did it again the next day with some more clu mates and the entire opposing team dropped out after 1 event so that went even quicker :lol: I usually avoid PG games as I am pretty useless at them so it was a nice experience for once
Yeah, for PG except capable team mates, you need a proper tune as a prerequisite. Without that you're the useless team mate :lol: A lot of people don't get it. Rally tires, suspension, tire pressure, acceleration gearing, some differential tuning and then the car choice. Like when there was an event at mud kickers with track toys. People coming in with stock race cars, instead of using an off-road tuned Clio FE. This week also I've seen immediately that the Galant with street tires was not competitive and could not fit into the PI with rally tires, although tuned for off-road. After using the Impreza 22B with rally tires it was a whole other level.

I used my tuned trusty AWD Exige S as well :D. At Goliath, I came in so early, that no one else behind me finished the race.
Is the Exige tune shared? Did you notice what time you did for Goliath? I'm just asking because it's so much work trying to produce a really good tune that it's only worth doing it for a car that has a realistic prospect of being extremely good.

Is the Exige tune shared? Did you notice what time you did for Goliath? I'm just asking because it's so much work trying to produce a really good tune that it's only worth doing it for a car that has a realistic prospect of being extremely good.

It wasn't, now it is (DeliriousRex5). I've reworked it a bit as it was not up to my latest standards :D. I didn't notice the trial time, but did the race again, it's around 10:50.

I was focusing on the designs the past year. Now that those are mostly done, I'm slowly catching up on the tunes, although I barely get any downloads, so I don't bother much with done tunes, I share the new ones. I think people are looking for top speed tunes. And then they are all over the place in online races, because it doesn't handle :lol:. I have mostly grip and handling tunes, so the cars go through bends like on rails :D

Regarding the work to produce a good tune, I don't think it's that much. Once you get the experience, there are certain principles how to modify the tune to get the result you want by moving the settings in a certain way. I can do a basic tune in 3 minutes and then maybe fine tune it in 5-10 minutes. However some cars are just built better for certain tune configurations then others.

It wasn't, now it is (DeliriousRex5). I've reworked it a bit as it was not up to my latest standards :D. I didn't notice the trial time, but did the race again, it's around 10:50.

I was focusing on the designs the past year. Now that those are mostly done, I'm slowly catching up on the tunes, although I barely get any downloads, so I don't bother much with done tunes, I share the new ones. I think people are looking for top speed tunes. And then they are all over the place in online races, because it doesn't handle :lol:. I have mostly grip and handling tunes, so the cars go through bends like on rails :D

Regarding the work to produce a good tune, I don't think it's that much. Once you get the experience, there are certain principles how to modify the tune to get the result you want by moving the settings in a certain way. I can do a basic tune in 3 minutes and then maybe fine tune it in 5-10 minutes. However some cars are just built better for certain tune configurations then others.
Thanks, I think it probably can't match the Lotus Eleven, I've amended my tune for that, and I've now done 10:16 for Goliath from a standing start with it.

You're right, the tuning part doesn't take that long, it's trying out all the different build combinations that can take a huge amount of time. The difference between my first Lotus Eleven tune and the second one, which is over 10 seconds quicker for Goliath, is pretty much all the build rather than the tuning settings.

I got the Ferrari using a Huracan with race tyres, race intake and sport weight reduction.

This is only on highly skilled difficulty, though.

Thanks, I think it probably can't match the Lotus Eleven, I've amended my tune for that, and I've now done 10:16 for Goliath from a standing start with it.

You're right, the tuning part doesn't take that long, it's trying out all the different build combinations that can take a huge amount of time. The difference between my first Lotus Eleven tune and the second one, which is over 10 seconds quicker for Goliath, is pretty much all the build rather than the tuning settings.
Well, I did a tune for the Eleven and it did the race in 10:50 as well. But as said, I'm doing handling tunes.

Well, I did a tune for the Eleven and it did the race in 10:50 as well. But as said, I'm doing handling tunes.
I gave the Exige a try. My Eleven tune has the following stats:
280hp
1169lb
188.2mph
0-100 7.715
60mph G 0.90
120mph G 1.03

Comparing the Exige's stock stats, it exceeds that grip as stock, but can't match the acceleration or top speed, so what it needs is primarily more power.

For my first build, I sacrificed any upgrades that cost PI but don't improve those stats, which meant RWD, no gearbox etc upgrades. I did 11:01 with that build, and it was hard to drive.

For my second build, I swapped to AWD, which meant I had to lose the exhaust upgrade, but was able to get an upgraded gearbox for free. With that build I did 10:42, so not much quicker than your time. The stats of that build are:
393hp
2686lb
185.6mph
0-100 7.913
60mph G 0.96
120mph G 1.03

Fundamentally, it has too much grip at 60mph, which costs PI but doesn't save much time for these high speed tracks. We can't downgrade the tyres to shed the unneeded grip and exchange it for power. So it can't match the Eleven for top speed or acceleration. For a handling course like Ambleside Village or the Festival circuit, maybe that low speed grip would make it faster (but the Eleven could also be made faster for those courses with a tyre upgrade), but I don't think it can be made to match the Eleven for these high speed tracks.

Latest Posts

Back