Forza Horizon 4 Series 17: Eliminator Battle Royale, Toyota Supra and French Flair

After a year of daily playing I really need some new game modes so I welcome the Eliminator. Also happy for the Renault cars... cars are cool and all but I need something more to do with this game. I hope the BR will be fun and full of players. Don't want to search for two guys all over the map.

After a year of daily playing I really need some new game modes so I welcome the Eliminator. Also happy for the Renault cars... cars are cool and all but I need something more to do with this game. I hope the BR will be fun and full of players. Don't want to search for two guys all over the map.
:)

I don't trust superGT. :D
I like freeroam rush. I have a good feeling about this mode. I can definitely see myself playing it for quite some time. Will see.
I think he enjoyed it... but he was very unlucky :D .
I don't have a Box/Forza but it looks fun to me :) .

Renault is one of the most underrated manufacturers in the world. It's one of the few (actually I think it's the only one!) that has won the top championship of each major automobile racing discipline if you include Alpine. Renault has won:

- F1 (both as engine supplier and as works team, they dominated the mid-90s and gave Alonso his two WDC trophies)
- Le Mans (Alpine A442)
- WRC (Alpine A110)
- Dakar Rally (Renault 20)

It is really like a French Volkswagen.

Sadly, even the almighty McLaren F1 would get overshadowed by the "SUPRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" these days, which tells me there's something seriously wrong with today's fledgeling automotive enthusiasts.

Whatever, I'll enjoy anything I can get from this month (including the Supra). All these Dieppe beauties are incredible and the Supra rounds off the Super Sentai of Japan's major classic sports cars.

Sadly, even the almighty McLaren F1 would get overshadowed by the "SUPRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" these days, which tells me there's something seriously wrong with today's fledgeling automotive enthusiasts.
There's really only something wrong with you if you think that people can't prefer different things.

So does that mean the only way to obtain the Cougar, Supra and R26.R is by winning the Eliminator??? Why they couldn't introduce new content as paid DLC as an option is beyond me....

So does that mean the only way to obtain the Cougar, Supra and R26.R is by winning the Eliminator??? Why they couldn't introduce new content as paid DLC as an option is beyond me....

Poopra can be bought at the autoshow for 250k. Megane and Cougar are so far only available that way, but judging by how many exclusive cars have come back through the playlist lately, that might not be for too long.

There's really only something wrong with you if you think that people can't prefer different things.

I respect preferences but I don't like churches. The Supra is not loved, it's worshipped. That's what gets me, not the preference.

Furthermore, the car sucks. Really, it does. It looks pretty (timeless, even) and that's it. Took it for a spin, all the old flaws were there: no traction off the line, understeer, mushy chassis... Doesn't matter much in Horizon because AWD but it's just a difficult car that's not comfortable on twisty roads, with rainy Spring exacerbating those flaws.

At least Playground brought the FnF parts with it and that's a major plus along with the track width upgrades, which don't seem to help it much, so it's a great addition to the game even though I don't like it very much.

Poopra can be bought at the autoshow for 250k. Megane and Cougar are so far only available that way, but judging by how many exclusive cars have come back through the playlist lately, that might not be for too long.

I think they'll be exclusive to Eliminator mode. This might not be such a bad thing considering the prizes for Eliminator don't shuffle like the Seasonal's, so I can just take my time. In this regard, the update will be successful since it'll get meaningful playtime over a long time, though I'm not looking forward to grind my way to Tier 24...

That's at least a relief HyperSpeeder if it doesn't rotate like the seasonals. So I'm guessing Tier 24 is the level you have to reach in order to obtain the cars??

The Supra's stock sound definitely doesn't sit right with me after having driven it around myself. Even at idle the exhaust rumbles like a custom and the aggressive turbo effects mostly resemble its generic portrayals in today's popular culture. I'm 80% convinced Playground recorded a car with custom parts installed, otherwise I don't know what going on with the audio.

Maybe Playground figured most players would upgrade it anyway, and took a "convenient" shortcut they shouldn't have? It wouldn't be the first time recently the team would give inaccuracies the green light.

There's not a single car that was locked behind Gold subscription only so I am pretty confident they will come ether as a Forzathon shop item or as a Championship price. You just need to be patient. Unfortunately.

I respect preferences but I don't like churches. The Supra is not loved, it's worshipped. That's what gets me, not the preference.

Furthermore, the car sucks. Really, it does. It looks pretty (timeless, even) and that's it. Took it for a spin, all the old flaws were there: no traction off the line, understeer, mushy chassis... Doesn't matter much in Horizon because AWD but it's just a difficult car that's not comfortable on twisty roads, with rainy Spring exacerbating those flaws.

At least Playground brought the FnF parts with it and that's a major plus along with the track width upgrades, which don't seem to help it much, so it's a great addition to the game even though I don't like it very much.
Who cares if it's worshiped more than another car that you think should be worshiped instead? Japanese vehicles have such a huge cult following that I don't even understand how you're making it an issue.

I'm not even that fond of the car, but the last time I modified it it drove pretty damn well, but that's probably due to me knowing how to tune the cars.

Track width options have done very little for me in general, for any car. It's practically only an aesthetic.

The Supra's stock sound definitely doesn't sit right with me after having driven it around myself. Even at idle the exhaust rumbles like a custom and the aggressive turbo effects mostly resemble its generic portrayals in today's popular culture. I'm 80% convinced Playground recorded a car with custom parts installed, otherwise I don't know what going on with the audio.

Maybe Playground figured most players would upgrade it anyway, and took a "convenient" shortcut they shouldn't have? It wouldn't be the first time recently the team would give inaccuracies the green light.

Skyline GT-R in FM6 was basically the same, no Skyline GT-R sounds like that in stock form, but people like it so it became the "standard" by which all subsequent sounds have been judged.

Who cares if it's worshiped more than another car that you think should be worshiped instead? Japanese vehicles have such a huge cult following that I don't even understand how you're making it an issue.

I'm not even that fond of the car, but the last time I modified it it drove pretty damn well, but that's probably due to me knowing how to tune the cars.

Track width options have done very little for me in general, for any car. It's practically only an aesthetic.

Won't dispute the rest, it's opinion.

It's possible wet season affects my perception because Spring has very wet roads and cars with high torque and RWD lose out in this season.

As for track width it does make a difference and is not a small one! Wider rear greatly helps cars with traction issues. Probably not as much as wide tires, but I've noticed impact in performance from track width, as expected from real world comparison. It also costs a little PI. If the upgrades didn't make difference then the bodykits would be useless if you didn't install superwide tires on your car.

@ImaRobot I've noticed you and your friend Kermit keep pummeling me in the General thread. Now I understand why you felt so touched by me complaining about Supra church. You both also belong to such a church. And I'm that thing keeping your world from perfection. :)

I thought the "Ignore" function existed in the forums for a reason. It's better than pushing dissent away from the forum, just saying.

@ImaRobot I've noticed you and your friend Kermit keep pummeling me in the General thread. Now I understand why you felt so touched by me complaining about Supra church. You both also belong to such a church. And I'm that thing keeping your world from perfection. :)

I thought the "Ignore" function existed in the forums for a reason. It's better than pushing dissent away from the forum, just saying.
👍

Back