Forza Horizon 4 Series 31 Preview: Big Muscle and a Small Punchy Honda

So I am a touch frustrated, was enjoying the current's week's playlist until I came to the Monthly event the C8.

I have but one question HOW to get the 1:22 target time, the closest I can get having thrown my controller away several times in frustration and now having a severe headache after too long trying I've put the console off to come back to it later.

The last part of the lap I can hook together the chicane corners perfectly and the straights but the first half of the lap I just cannot make up the target time without the lap being invalid....

So I am a touch frustrated, was enjoying the current's week's playlist until I came to the Monthly event the C8.

I have but one question HOW to get the 1:22 target time, the closest I can get having thrown my controller away several times in frustration and now having a severe headache after too long trying I've put the console off to come back to it later.

The Rivals event is competing against people on your friends list, rather than a specific time, so you must know somebody who is quite quick. You have to set a clean lap to mark it as complete, I'm not sure if you need to beat any friends' times.

The last part of the lap I can hook together the chicane corners perfectly and the straights but the first half of the lap I just cannot make up the target time without the lap being invalid....

As mentioned in the post above, you dont need to beat the Rival to get the completion percentage, you just need one clean lap. At any speed, do it in first gear if you like :D

As for the Rival themselves, just defriend them if they're that quick :lol:
More seriously, I think you can change the rival to another one before you start the event, theres an option to select another. From memory, dont have it switched on currently.

As mentioned in the post above, you dont need to beat the Rival to get the completion percentage, you just need one clean lap. At any speed, do it in first gear if you like :D

As for the Rival themselves, just defriend them if they're that quick :lol:
More seriously, I think you can change the rival to another one before you start the event, theres an option to select another. From memory, dont have it switched on currently.

OK that would explain my frustrations!

I am in a Racing Miku club for Forza Horizon 4 so I guess there is a very quick member of the club! I will have a look at the options before I retry this, still plenty of time on this one as all bar the races to win the Bugatti I have completed the rest of the season.

Was a bit confused by the Bugatti event though, it seems you have to spend over 2 million on a Bugatti and then you win the same car, what's different?

There is no difference. You just need to play for percentages.
To add to that, it's better to look for listings from players who have finished this event on the AH than to pay a hefty cr for a stock Bugatti.
Those cars are cheaper than what they sell for on autoshow, and may even be available pre-tuned!

Was a bit confused by the Bugatti event though, it seems you have to spend over 2 million on a Bugatti and then you win the same car, what's different?

Reward car is the Chiron. There are other Bugatti models in the game, and which one you enter in the event is up to you.

Thank you for the replies!

Might have a quick looksie at the auction house to see if there are any Bugatti's but not too fussed to miss that one event in Summer, have 90% completion so have both season reward cars and everything else done.

I finally beat my Monthly Rivals time as once I discovered Assists had been turned on and ABS so as soon as I switched those off I got a 1:21 so roll on Autumn!

Thank you for the replies!

Might have a quick looksie at the auction house to see if there are any Bugatti's but not too fussed to miss that one event in Summer, have 90% completion so have both season reward cars and everything else done.

I finally beat my Monthly Rivals time as once I discovered Assists had been turned on and ABS so as soon as I switched those off I got a 1:21 so roll on Autumn!

Too late now but it was worth getting the Chiron if you have funds, as you win another Chiron which you can sell on AH. So effectively you then get your money back and the car is free.

Unless you cock up the minimum bid on AH like I did in which case you lose a bit of money... lol

Last edited:
Too late now but it was worth getting the Chiron if you have funds, as you win another Chiron which you can sell on AH. So effectively you then get your money back and the car is free.

Unless you cock up the minimum bid on AH like I did in which case you lose a bit of money... lol

Well I managed exactly that with no less than 45 mins remaining, 1.3 million Chiron won at auction having started at 650K and now currently brand new Chiron about to go on sale for 1.3 million...:cheers:

Separate question, where is the Dirt Race for White Horse Lake Trail, can't see it on map and currently Level 11 in Dirt Racing...

Back