Forza Horizon 4 Series 31 Preview: Big Muscle and a Small Punchy Honda

The vette is the only car I am looking forward too, the iroc has been in numerous games, and the homda is weak!!
I respectfully disagree about the Honda S800. It being lightweight can provide a lot of fun if you add some upgrades and engine swaps.

Weird, I thought the S800 was already in FH4. or maybe I'm just thinking of the previous Horizon.
The Honda S800 debuted in Forza Horizon 3 as a DLC car and was standard in Forza Motorsport 7.

The vette is the only car I am looking forward too, the iroc has been in numerous games, and the homda is weak!!

IROC-Z has appeared in other games, but so what? Stylistically it’s the definition of retro cool, and it bridges a gap between the classic and modern Camaro generations. Its absence till now has bothered me on occasion, so I’m happy to see it back.

The Honda S800 may be weak with its 0.8 liter inline 4, but the car is light as a feather to compensate. Just drove it in FM7 and had good fun throwing it around. Very balanced and immediate performance.

Last edited:
Weird, I thought the S800 was already in FH4. or maybe I'm just thinking of the previous Horizon.

Yeah, it's one of those cars that you kind of forget was missing until they add it back. As much as I love the S800 and am glad it's back, I had honestly forgotten until recently that it wasn't in the game. Still, I'm loving all of the classic roadsters Forza has added to the roster the past few years.

I'm glad the IROC is back too, although I can't help being a bit disappointed the Cobalt SS and Corvair Monza are still MIA. The Cobalt especially has been near the top of my list for a long time now.

And of course, the C8's inclusion is well-deserved. I'm very excited to try it out. Although I'm surprised they didn't go with the trident-spoke wheels over the normal 5-spokes.

Verynice. I would like to see the S500 from 1963 also come into Forza as the last place I saw it in was Gran Turismo 6. I also would like to see the 1969 Subaru 360 SS Young come into Forza.

Booooooring (sorry, I know it's babyish! :lol: ) The only car which I am even part way interested in is the new Corvette. Classic Japanese convertibles just don't get the juices flowing for me and the IROC-Z? Just reminds me of the '88 Monte Carlo. Part of that generation and design. Then again, I'm a European boy so somewhat prejudice ;) still waiting for the Brera....

Have no interest in the Corvette at all but the Camaro IROC-Z - now that is a car I have wanted to drive in a video game so I guess Ill be working my way through Season 31!

Given that there are no new features, tools or notable changes outside of adding new cars, I wonder if we're getting to the end of Forza Horizon 4 updates. I suspect a significant portion of Playground's Forza team have been working on a new title for a while, and perhaps more have transitioned now resulting in lighter updates for the current game.

Given that there are no new features, tools or notable changes outside of adding new cars, I wonder if we're getting to the end of Forza Horizon 4 updates. I suspect a significant portion of Playground's Forza team have been working on a new title for a while, and perhaps more have transitioned now resulting in lighter updates for the current game.
I know it's not much but the Super 7 is a tool that make some notable changes experiencing FH4. And they just added it with series 30.
Honestly I wouldn't mind a new Horizon to come this year. I would prefer a new Motorsport but if next Horizon is ready before it so be it. Anyway whichever comes first it won't come before Q4 so we can expect at least a series 40 update before the end.

It's definitely possible, 2 years is a long time of continuous support for game with dlc and updates. So, maybe they finally have slowed down and I won't mind if they do.

I think it's soon time to just focus on whatever Forza comes next.

We do still have the second part of Super 7 to come, judging by the shaded box in menus. Although that's probably not a major change.

I wouldnt be surprised if Super 7 is the last substantial change to the game, and it will just be new cars added going forward.

But it is difficult to see what else they could squeeze out of this map, anyway.

My one hope though is that they retain the added features, or modify them, with the next game, rather than chucking features like Super 7 away and starting again with something else.

It always irritates me when the new game has fewer features than the old one!

It's definitely possible, 2 years is a long time of continuous support for game with dlc and updates. So, maybe they finally have slowed down and I won't mind if they do.

I think it's soon time to just focus on whatever Forza comes next.

Indeed, 2 years of support is unheard of for a Forza title, and well done to them on that achievement and strategy :)

My one hope though is that they retain the added features, or modify them, with the next game, rather than chucking features like Super 7 away and starting again with something else.

It always irritates me when the new game has fewer features than the old one!

Agreed on your final point, Forza Motorsport 7 was a perfect example as by the end of its life Forza Motorsport 6 was a pretty solid title, all things considered. It had many useful tools and features for communities and esports.

Having those plus Homologation would have been perfect (given the limitations of the PI system) in my opinion, but it seems that in pushing certain design pillars Turn 10 had to descope a lot of what was in the previous title. Being in the inner circle of the games industry now I'm well aware that descoping is a natural part of the process and it's not as easy as copy/paste when adding things to any title.

Last edited:

As you probably are aware of, they added a new game mode last month. That’s a very recent sign of commitment. This month’s update isn’t the first in the game’s lifespan that just adds a few cars without anything else noteworthy.

I think they’ll keep adding cars for a good while, and there might still be big updates to come. Nothing indicates that another Forza title is right around the corner, and until Forza Motorsport they might as well hold our attention with FH4.

As you probably are aware of, they added a new game mode last month. That’s a very recent sign of commitment. This month’s update isn’t the first in the game’s lifespan that just adds a few cars without anything else noteworthy.

I think they’ll keep adding cars for a good while, and there might still be big updates to come. Nothing indicates that another Forza title is right around the corner, and until Forza Motorsport they might as well hold our attention with FH4.
I'm down for more Achievements if they add them, and yes, Super7 was an undertaking. I have a hunch it's the last hurrah (once the second half of it is added) before they go full-steam ahead on their next project.

I'm down for more Achievements if they add them, and yes, Super7 was an undertaking. I have a hunch it's the last hurrah (once the second half of it is added) before they go full-steam ahead on their next project.

I hope your hunch is more reliable than Marty Feldman's in Young Frankenstein :lol:.

Also, I take your point re descoping. And there was I thinking all IT issues could be resolved by turning the computer off and switching it back on... :D

I too was a little disappointed with the stream, but there was a New Year's holiday sandwiched between the last update and this one, and I'm sure many of the Playground Games staff enjoyed their vacation during that time.
Therefore, I think it's not surprising that this "update" is a very small one.

And I agree with PulmCrazy010. If they don't tweak it, it means no more bugs (probably) and no more new chores called "game modes" that we have to do for the new car.
In that sense, this will be a month where I can relax and enjoy my new car.

Well, as one who plays FH4 on Xbox One, I hope they fix the livery and vinyl group import bug soon. I've got a lot of new livery and vinyl groups in the pipeline, and they're all sitting in a warehouse called FM7 waiting for their shipping date.

Update: They didn't fix it this month either. See you next month.

Last edited:
Has anyone received the update?

On the stream they said it would arrive Tuesday (yesterday), but nothing. Now it’s Wednesday past the usual update hour, and still nothing. :confused:

Last edited:
Has anyone received the update?

On the stream they said it would arrive Tuesday (yesterday), but nothing. Now it’s Wednesday past the usual update hour, and still nothing. :confused:
3h ago they released the patch notes and a Tweet saying "we expect the update coming this week". :)

I don't think we will have another delay like back in June. But after series 23 I won't be surprised if something happens again. However I really want to try the C8 tomorrow...

The update is now available 8.35 GB:tup:

Was this on XBox or PC.

If on Xbox how do you know when an update is available - is there a message on screen or something.

On the PS4 it tells you in Notifications but I haven't found the equivalent for Xbox?

I think mine updated when I was playing FM7 last night judging by the latest update date in "Manage Game" section, but there was nothing on screen to tell me.

Thanks.

Last edited:
If on Xbox how do you know when an update is available - is there a message on screen or something.

On the PS4 it tells you in Notifications but I haven't found the equivalent for Xbox?
I was confused the first time I saw it too. My XBone was turned off but I heard something was going on with the console. So I turned it on and to my surprise FH4 was getting updated. It always start updating automatically without any notice. Except if you're in the game when the update goes live. In that case you get a notification.
A pretty nice feature.

Latest Posts

Back