Forza Horizon 4 Welcomes in Autumn

I didn't realize this was the case. Winning a duplicate car in FH3 awarded you with credits, so it's unfortunate that doesn't happen with other items here.
Uhm in FH4 it's not happening with cars either. I keep track of all my cars in a spreadsheet and 2 days ago I got my first dupe, a cheap Honda CRX. I was not offered to sell the car on the wheelspin itself like in FH3 nor could I sell it for credits in my garage like in FM7. So dupe cars you either throw on the AH or else you can just remove them from your garage (if you do the latter, ALWAYS check if there are not some cheap credits or wheelspins to get from it from a few skill points).

Uhm in FH4 it's not happening with cars either. I keep track of all my cars in a spreadsheet and 2 days ago I got my first dupe, a cheap Honda CRX. I was not offered to sell the car on the wheelspin itself like in FH3 nor could I sell it for credits in my garage like in FM7. So dupe cars you either throw on the AH or else you can just remove them from your garage (if you do the latter, ALWAYS check if there are not some cheap credits or wheelspins to get from it from a few skill points).
Or do different builds for dupe cars. One with a stock engine, turbo, AWD, whatever. And the dupe with the biggest motor and stock drive wheels, etc. Just to do something a little different. I also like to build my cars to a point of being 10000% useless if given the choice

Or do different builds for dupe cars. One with a stock engine, turbo, AWD, whatever. And the dupe with the biggest motor and stock drive wheels, etc. Just to do something a little different. I also like to build my cars to a point of being 10000% useless if given the choice

Yeah but I already save multiple tunes per car if I want to do that. It's quite fast to just load another saved tune on a car and off you go. :)

Yeah but I already save multiple tunes per car if I want to do that. It's quite fast to just load another saved tune on a car and off you go. :)
Fair. I like to have a couple of a car if I really like it. I think in FH3, I had like 7 e36 BMWs lol. All with different engines, aspirations, and purposes :lol::lol:

The only (affordable) house I would strongly recommend is the 2 million credit Fairlawn Manor property which unlocks fast travel.

I've considered it but I being focusing on my car collection after going for cheap cars under 1,000,000 cr at the moment. It will take me a while to raise 2,000,000 credits since The Colossus race only gives out around 45 to 50,000 cr a race.

Hmmm your thoughts on the following?

I was previously in summer season in the middle of the World’s Fatest Supercar business. I continued that yesterday evening in the autumn season and it’s near impossible to get 3 starts on it now. The cars have less grip in corners so cornering speed is reduced significantly. On top of that the roads are often wet and it seem to rain more than not.

I don’t think the time required to get 3 starts on the sprint races for example is increased because it’s not autumn?

So... on one side I absolutely do like the fact that the season you play in does affect these events. I absolutely do. But practically that means I am not going to bother with the World’s Fastest Supercar rides anymore until it is again summer. So I’m kinda locked out of this content.

I just went back and 3-starred a bunch of the World's Fastest chapters I only had 2-stars in, so it's definitely still possible in Autumn. And I'm not that great at these games.

Turn on Rewind to correct bad mistakes, push your driving line to the absolute limit, and you can get through them.

I got 3 stars in the final 7 of the 10 worlds fastest challenges in Autumn.
One of which is (or was) in the top 1,000 in global rankings. (The Zenvo speed challenge, 228mph)

I didn't say it's not possible, I'm saying it is significantly more difficult. In that zig zag ride with the Veyron on a soaking wet tarmack it absolutely way harder to keep the car on the road while going fast. Maybe I just had bad luck with a rainy version of autumn and I could retry it with a dryer one, but pfff I will just wait until the next summer, there is plenty of stuff to do and AC Odyssey launched this week as well.

I haven't tried to blast through obstacles much with the "world's fastest" series, other than going straight through the middle at a roundabout most of the races are already in a straight line. It's not like the Drift Club where you can basically just drift to the highway, do your stuff there, and then drive in a straight line to the checkpoint. :) Drift Club leaderboards are absolutely broken because of the way you can exploit it.

I didn't say it's not possible, I'm saying it is significantly more difficult. In that zig zag ride with the Veyron on a soaking wet tarmack it absolutely way harder to keep the car on the road while going fast. Maybe I just had bad luck with a rainy version of autumn and I could retry it with a dryer one, but pfff I will just wait until the next summer, there is plenty of stuff to do and AC Odyssey launched this week as well.

I haven't tried to blast through obstacles much with the "world's fastest" series, other than going straight through the middle at a roundabout most of the races are already in a straight line. It's not like the Drift Club where you can basically just drift to the highway, do your stuff there, and then drive in a straight line to the checkpoint. :) Drift Club leaderboards are absolutely broken because of the way you can exploit it.

The Veyron one was by far my least favourite chapter, and the last one I three-starred. Slippery roads, lots of turns, and a car that doesn't really handle that great to begin with (compared to the others).

The trick with all the fast cars, is to not go too fast. Slow is fast, etc.
Rain or shine, 90% of drivers I encounter overdrive their cars to a fault.

My trick for driving in low-grip conditions is to drop the Aventador V12 into whatever car it physically cannot fit into and AWD swap it until I start winning races.
Sure, I can't turn or brake very well, but that's what the other drivers are for.

This is precisely why I don't really bother with most of the S2 or X class cars. If you're really good at games like GT and Forza you can control them well enough, but if you're not, they're like trying to ride a tiger.

Back